SAP

SAP Co-CEO's Bill McDermott & Jim Hagemann Snabe

Bill McDermott & Jim Hagemann Snabe

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Human Resources

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Proswork life balance respected, even with hard work. great network of very smart people. always wanting to do better, seeking to improve things. excitement around innovation.

Consbig company acting as a startup can seem disorganized sometimes. overly complex processes, difficult to find information (need to know who knows).

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to simplify. continue to drive for innovation. start measuring impact of re-orgs and making better business cases for them. continue to improve integration of new employees.

A great company!

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood relations with colleagues
Lot of autonomy and responsabilities
Skills development
Career opportunities in others functions/locations
Social engagement

ConsProcessus and organization
Communications from top management not always clear

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more clear with communication and strategy

Software engineer at SAP

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at SAP full-time for less than a year

ProsFirst class infrascructure and staff. It was a very stimulating work environment. The ability to work on long term innovating projetcs was nice.

ConsThe staff it too old and not dynamic enough. I felt overwhelmed by their lack of will to move forward quickly. In a team of turtles no one wants a hare to enter, because they would sufer from the comparison

They promise bonuses and then do not deliver.

Information Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 5 years

Prosa salary, lunch tickets, CE trinkets

Consanything else that you can think of.

Advice to Senior Managementwe will never make 35% margin. We do not sell databases like Oracle.

European ministry for software : very good work/life balance, lots of politics and inertia

Product Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery good work/life balance, several recent innovation initiative that are real breakthrough for the market (Big data / hana, mobile, Saas) which bring as many really interesting professional opportunities. Global company where product management can have a global reach on business. Strong intercultural background, product management is often involved with many sites & cultures as well with different technologies. Pays well.

ConsMany hierarchical levels, which brings executives too far from the reality and often inaccessible or unconcerned, with lots of politics, all this is bringing tons of inertia. Cumbersome organisation intended at fitting everybody, groups are sometimes redundant or useless.
HR totally inefficient to enable mobility or support careers, while such a large company actually offers so many opportunites internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimplify organisation, focus on people competencies, do less politics, focus on markets instead of listening a handful of large customers.

SAP

Human Resources (Former Employee)

I worked at SAP full-time for less than a year

Prossalary and benefits are really good

Consmanagement is really poor, no support

If you need to work somewhere, SAP must be your first choice.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Paris (France)

I worked at SAP as an intern for less than a year

ProsAgile Teams, great opportunities and different cultures

ConsOld people, old tools for the employees (Software)

Quick good place to work in

Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood working conditions in general

Consquite few autonomy
career opportunity is somewhat flat

SAP experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SAP

ProsSolid company, safe, increasing sales despite economy, generous benefits, mutlinational experience, possibility for broad exposure to all kinds of technologies and product domains.

ConsAll decisions seem to be centralized in Walldorf and to a lesser extent Palo Alto. Product teams in satellite offices are rarely considered. Management team changes (departures or changing to other depts) constantly.

overall is good

Paris (France)

I have been working at SAP

Prosfree lunch, trainings , possibility to travel at the customers, most of the peaople have good experience and you can find some excellent guys who knows technology but are very rare to find, sometimes you get to work from home

Conswork life ballance is pretty bad, work 90% of the time more then 9h each day even more - come back home tired; managment takes decission real slow and is a long process for tiny things, you spend a lot of time in the ISP internal system to enter your time and expences and is a long process, a lot of wasted time on administrative tasks that you do on your own time - that time is lost instead of learning something new or do the job; salary is not that good is averange or bellow market; promotions are rare;per diem is small in some counties - it needs to be adjusted

Advice to Senior Managementmore trainings for people; we need less time to spend for administrative tasks; path is not clear sometimes in career and promotions are rare; you are not apprecieted enough after a project is done no awards - even if no money is involved but a diploma award will raise the moral a bit - its just a piece of paper after all; figure a way to improove the quality of life and to spend more time with the family and not to work 2h over the official ones - it should be flexible - sometimes it is not mandatory to be at the office everyday - some tasks can be done remotely.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAP reviews and ratings in Paris — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAP CEO Bill McDermott & Jim Hagemann Snabe. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by SAP employees.