SAP Reviews

3.8
1,948 Reviews

SAP CEO Bill McDermott
Bill McDermott

Pros
  • SAP has a great work life balance with lots of opportunities to work from home (in 312 reviews)

• Relaxed work environment without a huge amount of stress or pressure (in 144 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is encouraged, but some positions make it difficult to maintain (in 91 reviews)

• Disproportionate non-technical middle management in charge of technical projects (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic company for which to work

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Good benefits, salary, maternity/paternity leave, bonuses.
    *Pleasant security and other staff.
    *Great culture that focuses on development, teamwork, success of both the company and the customer. *Depending on your manager, there is a lot of opportunity to learn and expand your horizons. there are courses in-house for employees that make personal development a real option.

Cons

*Sometimes parking is hard to find at Newtown Square office
    *Some positions require a lot of travel.
    *Work life balance is encouraged, but some positions make it difficult to maintain
    *Yearly increases are not as high as they could be.
    *To start here, many employees must begin as an hourly contractor and work towards becoming salary.

Continue to foster a culture of development. Managers who build a great team are the best way to build the company from the inside.

Fast Paced & Challenging place to work

Current Employee - Vice President of Business Development  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President of Business Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with the company for the last 4 years and have found it to be both engaging and challenging. My roles have provided me with the opportunity to stretch my abilities and continuously learn new things. I've enjoyed my time at SAP. The company offers plenty of opportunities for advancement as well.

Cons

Lots of change. If you aren't adept to change then SAP may not be the place for you. We make changes to things regularly and sometimes they can be complex. They are usually for the good and to keep ahead of our competition but you need to be flexible and not challenged with making changes.

Minimize the change and allow our Senior Execs to run their plans before pulling the plug on them. The last several years we've had an extensive amount of changes each year and it would be nice if we allowed our Execs the opportunity to fulfill their goals and initiatives.

Great company to work for

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

European company with a global footprint

Cons

There are no real cons, there are not many companies especially in the US that are as great to work for as SAP. As I have to put a con I would say that the HQ is in Newtown SQ, PA on East Coast, NYC would be better!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful, smart and approachable people

Current Employee - Interaction Designer
    Current Employee - Interaction Designer

I have been working at SAP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good work ethics, employee satisfaction.

Cons

None that I could think of at the back of my head. Not the most creative environment for UX people.

Excellent Growth Opportunity

I worked at SAP

Pros

+ High performing sales organization with talented team members willing to help to support sales.
    + Opportunity to make lateral moves inside the organization to learn and grow
    + Virtual working environment

Cons

+ Challenge to make sure you get the right territory to be successful
    + Very political so need to have your game face on at all times
    + Not invented here mentality can inhibit creativity to help get deals done

+ CEO is a charismatic leader with a can do attitude. Needs to make sure his leadership team is creative and open to new ideas that drive revenue.

Intern

I worked at SAP as an intern

Pros

Cons

Travel, 24/7 work culture, lack of work/life balance

Game changing

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company with good benefits. They are in the process of recreating themselves with new innovative products. Good opportunities in my 10 years at SAP. The compensation has been very good and leadership has been solid.

Cons

Work life balance is not very good. There is more to do than can be done at any time.

Continue to simplify the business.....

SAP Is Okay

Current Employee - Developer Intern  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Developer Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good organization, Work life balance good; People are driven

Cons

The company is rigid to changes. New changes are considered but not welcome. Majority of the people working adhere to old methods.

Please help speed up processes and try to learn about change.

Great Internship (only if you have the right supervisor)

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Overall I learned a great deal at my internship at SAP. It was encouraged for interns to get involved in projects and run with them.

Great perks including an onsite gym with fitness classes and subsidized lunches as well as an option to work remotely

Cons

Expectations were never communicated by managers since the other interns are primarily responsible for onboarding new interns.
    If you were not assigned to the right manager, you only interacted with your manager when they had requests. Most intern managers were not concerned with your development and integration into the company, which causes the company to lose out on some great talent because they were not assigned to the "right" manager. I saw some great interns leave the company because they were not receiving the development opportunities they deserved. Especially in an internship, managers need to be more involved in an intern's work

Consider implementing an intern to full time employee transition program.

Not a good place to work if your a Business Consultant.

Former Employee - Senior Applications Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Consultant

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When i started 8 years ago, there were a lot of learning opportunities and career opportunities. I wouldn't say that any more

Cons

I can only talk about delivery organization, since I worked in that domain.
    1) Too many managers
    2) Managers have no say in your career. Managers in delivery org. are nothing by HR coordinators.
    3) You are treated as a pawn, no visibility of whats going on in the organization.
    4) Even after 100% utilization, management has ridiculous reasons for cutting bonuses back.
    5) Bad pay master, considering people like me joined thinking low base pay will be offset by bonuses.
    6) No growth via hard work, only if you have a good network you will grow. Talent & consulting knowledge mean nothing. Promotion based on nepotism and your connections.

Fire all managers & directors who are not client facing in the consulting division. They are plain overheads.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!