SAP Reviews

3.8
1,928 Reviews

SAP CEO Bill McDermott
Bill McDermott

Pros
  • SAP has a great work life balance with lots of opportunities to work from home (in 284 reviews)

• Relaxed work environment without a huge amount of stress or pressure (in 136 reviews)

Cons
  • In general work life balance is good, past 2013 year it has been bad for me (in 78 reviews)

• Disproportionate non-technical middle management in charge of technical projects (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast Paced & Challenging place to work

Current Employee - Vice President of Business Development  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President of Business Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with the company for the last 4 years and have found it to be both engaging and challenging. My roles have provided me with the opportunity to stretch my abilities and continuously learn new things. I've enjoyed my time at SAP. The company offers plenty of opportunities for advancement as well.

Cons

Lots of change. If you aren't adept to change then SAP may not be the place for you. We make changes to things regularly and sometimes they can be complex. They are usually for the good and to keep ahead of our competition but you need to be flexible and not challenged with making changes.

Minimize the change and allow our Senior Execs to run their plans before pulling the plug on them. The last several years we've had an extensive amount of changes each year and it would be nice if we allowed our Execs the opportunity to fulfill their goals and initiatives.

Great company to work for

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

European company with a global footprint

Cons

There are no real cons, there are not many companies especially in the US that are as great to work for as SAP. As I have to put a con I would say that the HQ is in Newtown SQ, PA on East Coast, NYC would be better!

Wonderful, smart and approachable people

Current Employee - Interaction Designer
    Current Employee - Interaction Designer

I have been working at SAP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good work ethics, employee satisfaction.

Cons

None that I could think of at the back of my head. Not the most creative environment for UX people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Growth Opportunity

I worked at SAP

Pros

+ High performing sales organization with talented team members willing to help to support sales.
    + Opportunity to make lateral moves inside the organization to learn and grow
    + Virtual working environment

Cons

+ Challenge to make sure you get the right territory to be successful
    + Very political so need to have your game face on at all times
    + Not invented here mentality can inhibit creativity to help get deals done

+ CEO is a charismatic leader with a can do attitude. Needs to make sure his leadership team is creative and open to new ideas that drive revenue.

Intern

I worked at SAP as an intern

Pros

Cons

Travel, 24/7 work culture, lack of work/life balance

Great place to work if you happen to be with a good manager

Current Employee - Development Director  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Development Director in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good and smart people, deep-rooted respect for the product, most people believe in core values defined by SAP. Fair salary, good benefit package. You can work here all your life.

Cons

It is very easy to manipulate and misuse the system and create your own small mafia-group and go unnoticed and unpunished for a very long time. Keep in mind, that it represents only 10% of the company. You have to be unlucky to fall in this group - unfortunately it does exist and there is no escape if you are trapped there.

It will be so disappointing if SAP Management gets it advice from Glassdoor but you must at least try to find the bad apples in the management layer - the ones who are not aligned with people and do not believe in SAP core values.

Game changing

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company with good benefits. They are in the process of recreating themselves with new innovative products. Good opportunities in my 10 years at SAP. The compensation has been very good and leadership has been solid.

Cons

Work life balance is not very good. There is more to do than can be done at any time.

Continue to simplify the business.....

Great global with lots of mobility

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Miami, FL

I have been working at SAP as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The huge benefit of companies this size is the global mobility. If you're willing to move around, possibilities are endless. They value their employees. Allow working from home options and flex time. Nearly endless resources at your fingertips. Pay is great, bonuses are unheard of and ridiculously generous. Amazing talent in the company. Really world-class people I've worked with.

Cons

It's pretty much expected to work around the clock. If you're not willing to move, you could get stuck in a hurry. They have a problem fostering early talent and unlocking their full potential. The majority of the US workforce is in their early 40's. Although they have early talent programs and much talk around it, theirs little actually done around it. People are also a little dry and have a huge sense of self-worth and entitlement.

Technology is ever-changing, you need early talent to make an impact for the future. Start now, and not late.

Great company for veterans!

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great office culture. Get lot of benefits although i was an intern. Free food.

Cons

Leadership is not good. Currently VP resigned company and since then company has been going through ups and downs.
    They don't offer interns a full time job. Avg. age of employees at SAP 43 which is not good for new grads.

Please hire new grads and promote interns to full time.

Constant change, not necessarily for the better

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work virtual from anywhere in the world
    A stable, long-term career if you want it
    Lots of smart people to learn from
    Looks nice on your resume (which I've heard numerous times since working here...like this should compensate for everything else...)

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for career growth - you can stay where you are for 20 years if you want
    Top-down mandate for strategy - often with no actual insight into the problems they are trying to solve
    Lots of strategic changes being made without a real vision of what the changes are attempting to accomplish
    Quite high turnover in product management
    Low pay for equivalent position in other companies in the Silicon Valley market
    Flex hours can mean working 12-18+ hours per day during busy times

Stop sending out continual notices of change in executive management. This doesn't impact my day-to-day and we will have a different rich white man in that office in less than 6 months any way.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!