SAP

3.8
2,073 Reviews

SAP CEO Bill McDermott
Bill McDermott

Pros
  • good work/life balance (relaxed work environment without stress or pressure) (in 331 reviews)

• Relaxed work environment without a huge amount of stress or pressure (in 150 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is encouraged, but some positions make it difficult to maintain (in 95 reviews)

• Disproportionate non-technical middle management in charge of technical projects (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, too many reorgs

Current Employee - Vice President in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good people. Products are not awesome but they are industry standards. Going to Europe every month, all business class.

Cons

Reorg every six months. Many many many layers of duplications. Politics are as strong as you can get.

Fewer reorgs

Great company, progressive social responsibility outlook

I have been working at SAP

Pros

The company is large which provides a lot of good opportunity and the focus on social responsibility is pretty inspiring. Communication pushed down from top is usually clear and consistent across organizations.

Cons

There are way too many reorganization exercises. Even when you're not directly impacted, you are 2 degrees of separation from someone who is and the culture/ work morale can be taxing. Communication from the "trenches" seems to lose meaning as it gets pushed up to upper management ... like the telephone game.

Great company to work for with good benefits but the pay was slow to come.

Former Employee - Information Technology in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at SAP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very progressive work culture which promoted collaboration and innovation. When I first got there in 2001 the benefits were 100% paid for by the company. When the bubble burst they took more and more money out of our paychecks each year. By the time I left in 2007 they were growing and starting to reward for performance.

Cons

No work from home arrangements although I understand they have relaxed that to some degree over the past few years. Many reorgs over the years which can create instability and confusion. There always seemed to be an annual reorg which put everyone on edge.

None

SAP is the best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, working for home is appropriate or working remotely is also acceptable. The people (Staff) are really helpful and friendly and are not competitive. Everyone works as a team! There are Jam Groups you can join that are very informative. They have on-the-job training and Open SAP learning center where you can take on-line courses should you choose to do so. The salary is excellent!

Cons

Sometimes the executives and be a little finicky. Sometimes they will be very moody, but that's just their way of getting their point across. They CEO's VPS and SVPs have very hard jobs to fill. The Administrative Support team is there to help them advance and do their jobs better.

Keep up the good work! Innovate, Simplify, Communicate, and make SAP the great company we all know it is and can be in the future!

Great place to work for, very good with work and personal life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Smart people, and team work environment. Very good with work life balance. If you are on vacation, people don't expect you to read and reply emails. Although sometime you do reply for emergency situation.

Cons

Senior vp turns over is high. Usually we spent more times to educate the about the product than relying on the senior executives to set vision and long term strategy.

Co - op

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Amazing people and challenging work

Cons

nothing to complain about this

Intern

I have been working at SAP as an intern

Pros

Matches all the benefits of an Intern with what is provided to the full time employees

Cons

I donot feel anything bad about working with SAP

Do not layoff the people

Director

I worked at SAP

Pros

Company is growing and establishing itself as a cloud player. Opportunities abound for those willing to stretch themselves out of their comfort zone. Work environment is good and working from home options are available depending on the organization you belong to. Excellent place to learn how to work in a large global environment.

Cons

Management is concentrated in Walldorf,, so unless you are very well networked or have had the opportunity to work in Walldorf you may be limited for upper management positions.

Good Company. Excellent people. Frenetic pace

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at SAP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay was definitely above average. Worked with extremely bright hardworking people. Innovative company with a lot of moving parts (i.e. products and solutions).

Cons

Expectations were often difficult to achieve. From the sales side revenue expectations per individual sales engineer were difficult to attain in certain verticals and product lines and seemed to continue to rise. Pay per deal seemed to continually decrease over time.

Best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newtown, PA

I have been working at SAP as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This company cultivates a great employer employee relationship and is considered on of the top companies to work for in the country.

Cons

I honestly could not think of any real cons with this company. It is a great country that supports and cultivates their employees in whatever endeavors they wish to pursue in the ccompany