SAP

3.8
2,075 Reviews

SAP CEO Bill McDermott
Bill McDermott

Pros
  • good work/life balance (relaxed work environment without stress or pressure) (in 331 reviews)

• Relaxed work environment without a huge amount of stress or pressure (in 150 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is encouraged, but some positions make it difficult to maintain (in 95 reviews)

• Disproportionate non-technical middle management in charge of technical projects (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

SAP is the best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, working for home is appropriate or working remotely is also acceptable. The people (Staff) are really helpful and friendly and are not competitive. Everyone works as a team! There are Jam Groups you can join that are very informative. They have on-the-job training and Open SAP learning center where you can take on-line courses should you choose to do so. The salary is excellent!

Cons

Sometimes the executives and be a little finicky. Sometimes they will be very moody, but that's just their way of getting their point across. They CEO's VPS and SVPs have very hard jobs to fill. The Administrative Support team is there to help them advance and do their jobs better.

Keep up the good work! Innovate, Simplify, Communicate, and make SAP the great company we all know it is and can be in the future!

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at SAP

Pros

As an employee I feel that we are very well taken care of. The organization regularly updates the HR Programs and People Policies to build an employee friendly work environment. From free food, to free transport, to a creche within the campus, to extended maternity leaves, to a gym, yoga class, to a book club, to theater, music and dance interest groups, to a runners' club - we have it all. People are happy to come to work because they are allowed to indulge in their hobbies within the campus itself.

The company also makes ample arrangements like the apphaus, the code marathons etc. to encourage people to think and come up with innovative ideas.

The best thing about SAP, however, is it's commitment towards Diversity and Inclusion. In addition to very Inclusion friendly policies for women, early talents, mature talents, currently we have around 10 people worldwide who are on the Autism Spectrum.

Cons

At times I feel that the management concentrates ONLY on the top performers and does very little for the average ones.

Co - op

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Amazing people and challenging work

Cons

nothing to complain about this

Plenty of opportunities to get training, get involved in projects, choose your area of extpertise etc...

Current Employee - COE in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - COE in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at SAP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunities: Training in SAP and partner technologies which is very valuable across all industries and organisations, control over the direction of your role within the company and your team, a lot of opportunity to travel worldwide for work..
    Perks: Competitive starting salary with great benefits including health, dental, pension, tax saving schemes, free lunches and well subsidised breakfast & dinner, Flexi time etc...
    Environment: Friendly with accessible managers and team leads, smart / casual dress code, hard work is recognised and for a big company - one to one mentoring is still used & is effective. The average age is very young at 30ish - with many interns rotating in & out every year which creates a good buzz

Cons

No real negatives to mention.. One thing that is challenging is the onboarding process - everyone's experience is different as they often start at different times and many new hires in recent months / years means that start dates don't always coincide and some colleagues start on their own while others in a group. There is a good general onboarding structure but this varies across teams and lines of business - a lot of self motivation is required in order to get the most out of your first few months of ramping up. You need to famiarliase yourself with internal processes and read / study material related to your role without being asked and often during your spare time - you will need to have a keen interest in the job and work hard to develop core technical competencies yourself so that you can effectively learn SAP related material / technologies and do your job well. However - the Buddy / coach system is effective and supportive once you actively participate in your own development.

Great company and great product

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Diverse products and leader in ERP applications.

Cons

Slow to adopt Cloud platform.

Looking for longer term rather than short term number.

Working in this company is a good expereince and diversed

I have been working at SAP

Pros

stability, good people, great enviornments good conditions

Cons

sometimes not using the latest technologies

Fantastic time to join a transformational company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SAP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity, fantastic calibre of employees, strong leadership, clear and transparent leadership who are approachable and open. Freedom, flexibility, facilities, friendly, great training and development. Brilliant.

Cons

this is a time of transition and transformation. Goal posts are set but how we get there is evolving, if as an individual you aren't comfortable with change then this is not the company for you.

Be bold and move quickly.

Awesome job

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at SAP as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I reallly like their culture: flat hierarchy. They treat interns and full-times equally. Everybody can have their voice heard.
    There are interesting and challenging tasks. Collegues are extremely nice and professional.

Cons

too corporate
    Some policies are bizarre. eg. it takes very long to get approval to use a library in production code.

Best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Newtown, PA

I have been working at SAP as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This company cultivates a great employer employee relationship and is considered on of the top companies to work for in the country.

Cons

I honestly could not think of any real cons with this company. It is a great country that supports and cultivates their employees in whatever endeavors they wish to pursue in the ccompany

Loved working there

Former Employee - Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at SAP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work live balance and great management, loved the culture and opportunity to travel if it's what you are into.

Cons

Some politics but nothing too awful, benefits could have been better.