SAY Media

www.saymedia.com

SAY Media Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Matt Sanchez

Great company to work for & passionate people who work there.

Client Service Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking with some of the coolest, smartest people in NYC.

ConsNot too much room to grow within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management- very results driven.

Decent day job with no future.

Designer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible schedule, relaxed office environment and friendly people. The company gives you as many other perks as it can afford to make up for the fact that it can't do much for your career.

ConsBe careful if you accept a 'design' position in the 'studio' at Say. You will be used as a mindless tool and piece of human software for the sales department. You will work under talentless people with nothing to teach you and are entirely focused on deadlines. You will complain, your complaints will be heard, and then immediately disregarded. When working at Say you will quickly learn how the 'corporate game' works and what it's like to be a number in the system. If you're able to accept it for what it is, working there can be a decent day job before finding a real job/ career.

Great culture. Rapid changes require agility.

ProsSay offers employees flex time off and is very accommodating for personal needs. That said, because we are all given laptops and phones, there is a culture of always-on and always-accessible unless you go out of the country.

Great people -- creative, smart, intuitive.

Company quickly adapts and addresses industry trends, so there is always more to learn.

ConsCompany is quickly changing. We often say that the one constant thing about Say is change.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun Culture, Chopping Block

Strategy (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun culture.

Innovative company with some very talented people. The product is very fun to pitch and you get to be very creative in your approach to making decks and building solutions for brands.

Free lunch Friday..

ConsI saw several people get laid off during my time at say. For a while it was weekly. Very sad for moral.

Upper management was very baring, did not keep promises for growth opportunities.

Constant change.

Advice to Senior ManagementSure you know what's broken.

Media Manager

ProsGreat people, always learning new things, good perks.

ConsLack of direction. Poor policy on promotions and raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop the people you have before you lose more good people

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Extremely unprofessional with terrible management.

Sales Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey paid a great base salary.

ConsThe managers are completely unprofessional and play favorites. They have a "training" program each week that is more like a pop quiz session of who they can humiliate each week. They fire someone new almost every week. NO JOB SECURITY! For the record, I left before that could happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new managers who have actual training.

Such an intelligent, hard working and fun culture...can you beat it?!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAll of the employees are extremely friendly and truly enjoy working with one another.
    It's refreshing to work for a company where managers take responsibility for their employees and everyone works hard to get the job done. No micromanaging! Amazing culture...it's great to come to work everyday.

ConsLots of changes happening, but for the better...

Advice to Senior ManagementDefinitely keep the lines of communication open. Everyone should have an open door policy and be willing to share the good and the bad with employees. They'll appreciate the honesty in the end.

I DARE you to find a company with a better culture than Say Media.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAmazing group of people, great benefits (unlimited vacation....umm...yes, please!) very transparent Senior Executives, extremely laid back atmosphere.

ConsCompany makes a lot of changes (ex: letting go of the President) and can't seem to make up it's mind on their mission statement.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being transparent. As much as the truth may hurt us sometimes, its way better than sweeping it under the rug, or even worse - lying.

Bad Management, Poor Leadership

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosthe people - nice and creative, they threw good parties

ConsBad management - didn't care much about the staff, poor leadership who didn't have strong relationships with high-level agency folks and only looked out for themselves. NO mentorship as most employees had no previous experience and provided no inspiration or knowledge. constantly changing their strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at the people and maybe do exit interviews???

Not for everybody

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsA handful of extremely intelligent people work at the company, Nice people, free snacks, metro card paid for, pretty good pay.

ConsThe atmosphere (loud music, no quiet space at your desk, open concept). I received very little help with learning new things. Worked extremely long hours - almost 11 hours 5 days a week with no over time. Office had mice in the summer, air conditioning problems. A ton of turn over.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the constant change. I understand it's a relatively new company, but try something out long enough to know if it's working or not.

Worked for SAY Media? Contribute to the Community!