SBGA Reviews

Updated July 1, 2014
Updated July 1, 2014
3.8

CEO

The most supportive staff I ever experienced professionally.

I worked at SBGA

Pros

This company is first class. I worked there for 16 months. I'm simply not a sales person. With that said, I made great money so anyone good at sales will make a fortune.

Cons

Be honest with yourself. If you are not a sales person deep down, I'd move on. You need to have a strong work ethic because you are your own boss.

Only hire the best of the best. You deserve no less.

Opportunity to Succeed!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at SBGA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity to excel is in your own hands. The training an support has been first rate. They really care and want you to do well and it shows. Refreshing.

Cons

Although we are trained to succeed it's still not an "easy" job. But, I guess if it was easy the money wouldn't be there either.

Thank you for putting my success back in my control.

Amazing support staff with outstanding resources. Industry experts ready willing and able to assist your every need.

Current Employee - Outside Consultant  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Outside Consultant in Boise, ID

I have been working at SBGA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very open minded management that listens to its partners. Training is very thorough and you are trained by the best in the business. Great income potential and a life changing experience. Following leaders will take you to the promise land. The opportunity has changed my life and will continue to be an amazing experience that cannot be take away from me or my family. The sky is the limit! Work hard and be rewarded financially!

Cons

Very tough to start, you need financial savings to start any business. You would get nothing if it were easy. So much to learn. Everything given is 100% earned. Don't look for a easy road. Only the strong thick skinned survive.

Benefits / medical dental for contractors.
    Written clearly defined contracts
    Traveling opportunities
    Keep listening to your partners

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This job changed my life! I was given an opportunity to showcase my talents and I have never had to look back.

Current Employee - IBC Independent Business Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - IBC Independent Business Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at SBGA as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

This company has bent over backwards to set me up for success. I will forever be grateful as it has allowed me to be my own boss. I started to make good money four weeks into the position, which gave me a real belief that what I was hearing about other people's incomes, could indeed be my story as well. The training is the best you could ever expect to get anywhere. They support you financially and mentally. Thank you.

Cons

The social outgoing go-getters types are given appointment support sooner than the ones that aren't. It took me 2 weeks to get my business cards which I think delayed me in getting my first account as fast I as I would have liked.

Continue with the amazing culture you have all built up and you cannot go wrong. Let people know up front that you cannot be truly successful doing this part-time.

An opportunity of a lifetime!

Current Employee - Independent Business Consultant  in  East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Independent Business Consultant in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at SBGA as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

This environment allows for innovation and amazing growth opportunities. You certainly get paid accordingly for what you contribute. I'm not just a number or a tool to bring in revenue. I'm respected and appreciated. I'm supported in the most surprising ways. For a company with over 300 employees and at least 75+ sales reps, I have yet to meet a person that won't go out their way to assist in my success!

Cons

It takes about 2 solid months to learn all their is to know to become successful. It took me a little bit longer but I reached a six figure income at nearly the 2 year mark and never went backwards. Learning the paperwork and staying organized have been the toughest hurdles for me.

Continue to support new folks like you have me. It made all the difference which turned this job into a lifelong career. Perhaps it would be helpful to have a paperwork or administrative assistant for us folks out in the field.

GET WELL JOB!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at SBGA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only thing I gained from working at SBGA previously known as merchant services was the experience. This company isn't willing to compensate you for the hard work you put in day in day out if it doesn't benefit them in some way. They put the back office who arent sales people on a bonus structure to avoid giving anyone a raise. If you decide to work for this company my only advice would be to learn everything you can about the industry there are other companies outside of this one that are willing to actually pay a decent salary.

Cons

Management is arrogant belittles their employees. No room for advancement, rarely do they promote from within they rather hire from the outside. If you want to make bonus numbers are almost irrelevant in whatever position your in you have to kiss the right behind to get it.

Compensate your employees for the hard work they do to make the organization successful

Always growing company

Current Employee - Call Center  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center in Irvine, CA

I have been working at SBGA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been here 11 years and it's always growing, you always get a paycheck and its financially stable. It feels really secure and comfortable. I've never had to worry about my job or the business going under. The managers are great. They are honest and have always been good to me. I can share anything with them even complaints and I don't worry about what will happen to me, they take me seriously. It's also a good environment, not like a boiler room or brutal place to work. It prioritizes professionalism and promotes straight talk and communication.

Cons

Some people don't like polices and processes but this company is big on them. Be open to working within the policies if you're aiming for longevity. Parking is also tough sometimes. They also like business casual at all times.

Keep runnin the company well and making it profitable.

This Is A Great Job for Me

Current Employee - Independent Sales Contractor  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Independent Sales Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SBGA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined the company over three years ago and have been a part of impressive growth on the sales team. We do consultations to small businesses and do products and services for sale to earn commissions. I also work as a mentor helping new consultants with developing and sharpening their skills.

The environment is great. It's sales-centric, performance-oriented, fast paced, and ever changing. I'm my own boss, with all the good and bad that comes with that. I run the day and leads as I want. It's guaranteed failure if I don't hold myself to high standards - but I'm driven.

I've researched other companies for credit card, payroll and seo, and this is the best training and support program I've found. I received more that a hundred hours of i-person training, have a dedicated mentor, and have leads supplied that have grown to a full daily schedule. I also now work as a mentor.

The company has strong relationships with merchant services, fed ex, MCA and vanguard, and is one of the 50 largest I. The country. The size of our customer base gets us pricing that allows us to beat out quite a bit of the competition.

I make great money, and it's allowed me to do great things with my fiancé and family. It's stable and has grown each year. I've worked five days a week, and my pay had grown by double digits, and I'm now earning a six figure salary. The job isn't difficult, it's about building trust with business owners and helping them see that they need your products and personal attention more than others, but it's hard in that you dedicate lots of time and have to have staying power.

The company cared about its employees

Cons

Harsh reality, not everyone succeeds. Be real with yourself before taking the job.

The people that usually succeed are intensely self driven, their confidence is sky high, they don't question themselves (even silently in their heads), they are highly active (to be successful you MUST get out in the field and door face to face every day for a full day), they don't see rejection as failure, and rejection doesn't get them down. People say no and reject, and you have to be able to brush it off.

This is not the right fit if you come across as slick, passive or meek, business owners just don't relate to that. And you have to be preprogrammed to hold yourself accountable and not blame others for a short falling. We're independent contractors, and we have one person to hold accountable, ourselves. Laziness or preoccupation with things that keep you from prospecting also make it a bad fit. If you question yourself deep down inside. If your self confidence is medium or lower. There's rejection, so if it spooks you, don't do it. Some of my biggest customers are ones that rejected me the first two to three times. You won't make huge amounts of money with 10-25 hours or part time, so don't plan for it. The biggest earnings come with hard work, dedicated work, door to door meetings, for weeks and weeks and months. You'll have to work hard at it, you'll have to follow up with indecisive people, visit again and again, and get out of the house and go go go.

You get to work with great products and support but you have to make it happen. Some falter and blame others (another sign that this might be the right sales job). We work for ourselves.

Screen hard for confidence, self esteem and hunger and drive. Help people that are indecisive filter themselves out. Be real, use rejection methods to test people in advance and see how they handle it, that will tell you if someone is the right fit.

Incredible ! ..The support, the continuous training and the organization itself is outstanding

Current Employee - Small Business Consultant  in  Belmar, NJ
    Current Employee - Small Business Consultant in Belmar, NJ

I have been working at SBGA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Protected Territory. Comprehensive product suite. Continuing Innovation

Cons

Being a business owner the responsibility for insurance, 401K etc falls on you

Keep doing what your doing !

This is an aggressive outside Sales position NOT a Business Consulting positon

Former Employee - Business Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at SBGA full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you enjoy selling door to door to business - with alot of rejection then the pay off will be worth it!

Cons

95% of the training is about reading credit card statements -- all different types -- management tries to tell you that they offer other "back-office" services but they do not provide any training of these services also they cannot answer questions about them outside of the bullet points! All of the training staff are former Disney employees - get ready to be treated like a child!

Be honest about who you are, what business you are in and what you are looking for in a candidate - it will save the company and future candidates allot of money and time.

Worked for SBGA? Contribute to the Community!