SBM Site Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles Sommers

Great experience , Lack of growth opportunity

Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    South San Francisco, CA

ProsYou learn a lot about the facility management in a very short period of time(4 to 6 months). There are great opportunities for growth within the company. What you put in you get out of it depending on the site you have been assigned.

ConsTHe interview process was misleading. There is little support from upper management even if they are not working at your site. They occasionally cut corners to meet budget. Theft of supplies by front line employees is common. If you have the opportunity to work at different sites you have little notice. Little thanks for your efforts. Zero flexibility

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter work/life balance, better pay/bonus, improve transparency

You would have to be desperate and unemployed to accept an offer here

Manager (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsReally can't think of anything. They pay you, you don't have to buy sodas or snacks, they are complimentary there. Other than that, can't really think of anything positive to say

ConsPoor leadership, senior management are glorified custodial workers, no big picture strategic thinkers. The managers don't reward success and just punish failures. Getting fired is like a tag line for them, just not a good company to work for. At the end of the day, all that is really cared about is how much more or less money the CEO will have in his pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of you are better than this, they aren't loyal to you, why be loyal to them?

I am hardworking in efficient manner.

Housekeeping (Former Employee)
    Volcano, HI

ProsI am dedicated, honest and responsible to my job. I like this job since this is my practise expertise. I am familiar with this job and easier for me now to the tasks. I am relocated here with my family and need a job to earn for a living

ConsI work hard and loyal to my job, i do my job assignments very well and i am familiar with prompt duties and abide rules and regulations.I can be depend on, i am responsible to my job as well as know my duties and responsibilities

Advice to Senior ManagementInform the benefits and rules and regulaions in your company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Your hard work will most definitely pay off....opportunities galore!

Site Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a tremendous amount of opportunity within SBM and the individuals who put the hard work in are many times noticed. Don't get me wrong, there will be the 1-2 years you must put in to open yourself up to these opportunities, but once you prove yourself and your loyalty than you pave your furture. Once you reach this point, the pay is very reasonable along with decent benfits. SBM allows you to develop your strengths and use them in a manner that will make you successful. They are also growing rapidly not only domestically but overseas, and with growth (once again) comes more opportunities. It is a very fast paced industry and multi tasking is a must in order to succeed. SBM empowers their employees and management to run multi million dollar accounts and gives you the resources to be successful.

Cons-In the beginning phases of employement you will be putting in very long hours and work weekends from time to time
    -Having to clean up the sales team's messes when the under bid a contract just to get the business
    -Being on call 24/7, 365

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to increase Corporate's presence in the ops field to have full understanding of how a site is functioning. Also need to work with Sale's team so they completely understand staffing needs of a site before under bidding the contract. Many times this happens and salesend up relying on tenured management to cover their backs and make extensive cuts to meet unrealistic budget model that they put overpromised.

Lacking support from management

Site Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFor the self-motivated, SBM appears to be a yellow brick road. From entry level to management to district to regional, it would be easy to progress and get promoted if you were single and ambitious.

ConsTraining is scant, comprising solely of powerpoints and conference calls. Support from immediate management is sufficient, but when regional management and above gets involved, the culture seems to shift from "we want to build your career" to "we'll find someone who can/will do this if you disagree with us."

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that those seemingly insignificant entry level people are the lifeblood of your company, and improve training.

Beware of this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    McClellan, CA

ProsSorry cannot find any pros with this company.

ConsExpect there to be 2 sets of rules. One for you...you are not to get upset about anything and one for your manager who can get pissed off and storm out of the office. No matter how hard you work and how many excellant customer satisfaction surveys you get you're told you can't be hired because there have been complaints against you but they can't produce any evidence. You go to lunch with your recruiting team just to come back and find yourself locked out and fired with no explanation at all. Then go home and find your position being advertized for $16/hr when you were just making $30/hr. Stay away they do not care about their employees and everyone is terrified of the owner.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. You don't treat people like that.

good company

Custodian (Former Employee)

ProsI think they gave me a good chance to make a good wage start at 9.00t011.00 dollars ahour

Consthe shift start at 6.p.m

Advice to Senior Managementthey train me on many jobs

disappointing

Manager (Former Employee)
    Dayton, OH

ProsThere were no pros because of the way I was treated.

ConsThey don't treat employee's professionally

Worst Facility Management Company Ever

Division Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsAutonomy, many locations throughout the US.

ConsOverworked, Underpaid, Hard to move up within the company. Insite is a good software system, however, there is not enough support in the field to operate it. Company is SALES driven and forgets about it's current business and employees. Morale is at an all time low!! Horrible company. Will low bid accounts to win them and then cut, cut, cut headcount and leave it up to the site manager to be there 20 hrs a day trying to run the account.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within, don't lie to customers by selling the world and not delivering on it. Don't try to do be 1 service provider for everything because all will just be subcontracted out.

Could have been better

Site Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and plenty of like minded individuals who have great ideas. Room for advancement with hard work.

ConsOn call 7 days a week and no work/life balance that they pitch to you upon accepting the job, terrible communication lines at times, lack of understanding with personal issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to come down to the lower levels and understand what exactly goes on

Worked for SBM Site Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SBM Site Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SBM Site Services CEO Charles Sommers. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by SBM Site Services employees.