SCA Tissue North America

Don Lewis

office coordinator mailroom department

Former Employee - Office Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Office Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at SCA Tissue North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the office culture was great, the policies of the company were excellent, I enjoy
    working with the staff, and training was superb

Cons

I was only their for a short period of time, it was a temp position, but the pay was great, growth opportunites
    was there.

If i was their a little longer, I would of moved up in the company with training.

Future is Bright

Former Employee - Supervisor in Menasha, WI
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Menasha, WI

I worked at SCA Tissue North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management, Employees take ownership and pride in their work. Great company who believes in safety, quality of life, and trusting in their workforce.

Cons

Communication could be better with middle management and with the Union who work closely together.

Keep believing in what got the business where it is today. By not being like the other Tissue and Towel mills. Your employees are the best.

I worked at SCA Tissue North America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to grow your territory how you see fit. If you hit your number management will pretty much leave you alone. Company car, cell phone, computer...etc. Little turnover within sales force. Great customer service department.

Cons

Every district manager is different. Some call you every 5 minutes wanting to know where you are and some you never hear from.

SCA Tissue provides great family wage jobs...

Current Employee - Production in Bellemont, AZ
    Current Employee - Production in Bellemont, AZ

I have been working at SCA Tissue North America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management is very helpful and provide incentive lunches for employees when performance and safety goals are met. Huge focus on safety.

Cons

Union. Company has clearly displayed that it is ethical. Unions cant continue to ask for more or else we will see our jobs shipped to other countries. Companies are placing more importance on employee's attitudes and work ethics now, than ever before.

Keep up the good work! From my vantage point, people are being "right sized."

Transparent and ethical company. Great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Phila, PA

I have been working at SCA Tissue North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly office environment (I do appreciate the fruits served to all employees, clean facilities and nice staff) very international and young team. Open door policy and little bureaucracy. Transparency, ethic and care for its stakeholders. Fair wages and room to grow in the company (especially if you willing to relocate overseas).

Cons

Few actions to gather the employees and discuss the company's next strategies and goals.

Set up more clear goals and objectives

The worst professional experience of my 20+ years experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I worked at SCA Tissue North America

Pros

The benefits were very good and the strategic plan for the organization was progressive and with thought.

Cons

The culture is of the organization is to drive performance based on fear of retribution. This causes the employees to avoid conflict by keeping to themselves and as a result it is not a collaborative or friendly place to work. I have never experienced a company where so many people are so unhappy. The turnover rate is very high and often due to firing an individual with little or no feedback.

It is important to be truly available to lower levels of the organization, actions speak louder than words. Hold your peers accountable for their poor behavior; people are assets to the company and should not be discarded for challenging the status quo or because they made a mistake.

Disagree with other employee's comments... obviously they were let go!

I have been working at SCA Tissue North America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

SCA is a great company, working at the SEC in Neenah we have very little turnover, most people like their jobs. Expectations are high for performance, but where isn't that the case??

Cons

Going through some tough organizational changes globally the first half of this year.

Communicate with employees through the transition, continue to make SCA the great company it is!