SCANA

Add Photos

SCANA Chairman & CEO Kevin Marsh

Kevin Marsh

Engineer

ProsGreat company to work for. Cares about the employee, and their family. Good growth potential, good pay/benefits.

ConsWorkload is increasing as regulations increase

Awesome place to work!

Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) Cayce, SC

ProsSCANA is still a tight knit group. It is like working with family. I still maintain the bonds that I formed when I was there. Both my parents worked at SCANA, and I was proud to continue that tradition. If I had not gone back to school, I would still be working there today. You will be hard pressed to find a better group of people than those within the Heavy Equip. Oper. and Forestry Dept.

ConsIt is a power company, so many people that don't work there hate you for their light bill being high. But, they are dumb. I am sure there are bad people within the company, but SCANA is such a big company with so many opportunities for work, you can easily move around within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions come as promised. They also hold regular cook-outs to give something back to the employees. They feed you during meetings.

Stable company

ProsSound company financially, knows its business well, experienced workforce, stability

ConsVery slow to change, too focused on not spending, takes a long time to move

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the company's most valuable asset.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of employees just marking time

Procurement Agent (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsGood benefits, decent salary. If you start here early in your career, you might do better than seasoned workers. How you are treated depends a lot on what department you work in and the manager - more good ones than bad.

ConsFound there are many people with a lot of tenure who don't do much of anything. If you work in one of these areas and are willing to pick up the phone, you will be worked to death. There seems to be a magic advancement track that has no entry point for most people. Some promotions seem random, and managers may be moved around to areas where they have no experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more emphasis on the core values you claim to promote.

Great place to work. Competitive salaries, great people and good benefits.

Performance Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) Jenkinsville, SC

ProsGood Benefits, Salaries, People, and large potential to grow professionally.

ConsWork-Life Balance can be difficult at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Great Place to work, Great Culture

Supervisor (Current Employee) Cayce, SC

ProsDefinitely a family friendly place to work. Senior leadership cares about the people. Leadership is flexible with schedules and assignments if needed. Multiple growth opportunities in the company for people willing to take them.

ConsSometimes it is difficult getting and retaining personnel to stay with the company. Benefits are changing to reflect the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Going on two years..great place to work

Workstation Support Tech Ll (Current Employee) Cayce, SC

ProsGreat Work environment
    Great Benefits
    Great compensation

ConsManagement should be strict on certain things that take place

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people with less experience a chance to start a career, not everyone with a degree will have the most experience.

Nothing wrong but nothing great

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Cayce, SC

ProsRelaxed atmosphere. A comfortable place to work. All the people are very nice and the facilities are excellent. Standard work hours

ConsNo sense of urgency. No way to move up. The major con is location. It's in a terrible place to live forever and raise a family, however everybody that works there seems to do so

Advice to Senior ManagementLet things change. They have to get worse before they get better, but that's ok

Employee Beware

Business Director (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsAn engineering focused energy company with a deep history rooted in SC politics. Good safety record with their engineers.

ConsManagement is not clear on their business direction and hostile to work force. Scana built natural gas pipelines all over SC to neighborhoods that don't exist and then filed rate cases with the Government to jack up the rates on energy to pay for it. They built a new headquarters building and left the downtown area in Columbia.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the 1970s management routines and modernize your workforce. Develop real business strategies that work.

focused on building nuclear plants

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cayce, SC

Prosgood people, great climate, challenging work

ConsTight budgets, limited opportunities for outside training

Worked for SCANA? Contribute to the Community!