SCBT Financial

www.scbandt.com
  www.scbandt.com

SCBT Financial Reviews

2.8

SCBT Financial President, CEO, and Director; CEO, South Carolina Bank and Trust Robert R. Hill Jr.
Robert R. Hill Jr.

Bottom line...Love working here!

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at SCBT Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is financially sound with ethics being held to a high standard.

Cons

Management should be earned and not based on seniority. Put people in management positions that actually show management and leadership skills and care about the staff. Does not compensate base on abilities only job title.

Realize staffs potential and utilize it instead of fearing that they are after your job and not utilizing the staff's abilities completely!

BEWARE!!!

Former Employee - Administration
    Former Employee - Administration

I worked at SCBT Financial full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Can't think of a single one.

Cons

Beware if this bank takes over a bank where you're currently working. Everything is all "puppy dogs and rainbows" in the beginning and they welcome you with open arms. THEN they make you apply for your own job, the job that you've been handling very well for years, thank you very much. And been receiving great reviews at too. Don't hold your breath. You'll be out the door. They'll hang on to you for a little while to "help with the transition". But you'll be treated like you're invisible while you're "helping". You might as well be part of the after-hours cleaning crew for all the respect you're given during this time. If this bank comes calling, get out while you can.

Get a soul.

They do things harder, not smarter

Current Employee - Can't Say  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Can't Say in Columbia, SC

I have been working at SCBT Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of spare time to goof off

Cons

They keep acquiring new banks yet continue to do back office things in an old school manual fashion. It's all about titles and a horse and pony show...not about work. Insanity begins as I sit at my desk days on end with absolutely nothing to do.

Put people in management positions that actually show management and leadership skills.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to begin my career.

Current Employee - Credit Analyst  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Columbia, SC

I have been working at SCBT Financial

Pros

I don't worry about the company failing.

Cons

The compensation is very low compared to other companies.

More communication from the leadership team. There should be some physical presence.

Stay away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I worked at SCBT Financial

Pros

It's a paycheck. Front line staff are great.

Cons

Executive Management is aloof. Lack of communication. Lack of respect to the front line staff. Good old boy network that cover up for each other.

My advice is to the Board of Directors. You need to vet your people. You have definate charecter flaws in the executive management.

Doing more is what we do best!

Current Employee - Human Resources Director  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Louisville, KY

I have been working at SCBT Financial

Pros

We are a bank committed to providing the best customer service possible to our customers and a positive, supportive environment for our employees. Ethics are held in the highest regard. Business strategy is shared with all employees and they are recognized as critical to the success of the bank.

We strive to be a community bank with big bank solutions. Our products and services are comparable to larger banks in our industry. Our ability to respond quickly to customer needs puts us one step ahead of the bigger, regional, publicly-held banks.

Ownership is committed to growing our bank. Our employees are also committed to reaching that goal.

Cons

Executive management changes too often.

Never forget that leadership includes communicating the vision with employees.

Ups and Downs

I have been working at SCBT Financial

Pros

Customer service from the staff is exceptional.
    Two weeks of vacation until 5 years and then an additional day up to 3 weeks.
    The core values were wonderful.

Cons

No promotions from within above FSR level.
    Unfair treatment of staff with obvious favoritism.
    Market Leaders have too much control over the individual branch employees.
    The bank is now leaning towards a sales oriented platform instead of a service one.

The bank is growing much too fast for the support side. Instead of promoting virtually every employee who is not a teller or FSR to a Vice President is only giving a pay raise to those who don't deserve it as much as the front line people. The tellers and FSRs are the backbone of this company and employees will continue to look elsewhere if the morale is not increase and raises are not given where they are deserved.

Used to be a great place to work until growth became the #1 objective.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

I worked at SCBT Financial

Pros

Very competent senior management team

Cons

As soon as the bank began to acquire other banks, the culture immediately changed. Taking care of long time employees of SCBT was no longer the 'top' priority of senior management. Growth was all that mattered. And once size is all that matters, morale takes a hit, everyone has to start fitting in a 'box' unlike before, and you begin to feel more like a number than an employee. And the number of hours you had to put in just to keep up with the growth (I'm talking 65-80 hours EVERY single week) just wasn't worth it anymore.

Worked for SCBT Financial? Contribute to the Community!