SCC

Add Photos

SCC Chief Executive James Rigby

James Rigby

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work, often misunderstood

Sales (Current Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsGood people get recognised and do well
    Flexible company
    Care about customers
    If you fit in its a good atmosphere
    Being a large family business is quite unique

ConsSink or swim, limited training
    Silos in the business are a pain to navigate
    Fear culture in half of the business

Advice to Senior ManagementTackle the silos, it upsets staff and looses customers

Train people! Sink or swim is a stupid business strategy

Reward people, sales do OK but reward other areas of the business because they work real hard

Great place to work

Service Architect (Current Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsGreat company, good work ethic, great leadership. I love the SCC brand and enjoy everyday of work.

ConsLots of away working due to lack of skills in certain UK areas

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't send too much work abroad (Romania)

Dont bother!

Anonymous (Former Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsGoing home at the end of your shift

ConsManagement are stuck up no formal training only care about SLAS and stats
    Do not care about staff morale
    Jobs are described falsely you will find yourself doing a lot more than you are supposed to and for pennies
    Will only offer pay rise when you are leaving and by that time you have had enough ready!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your staff, treat them better and with more respect and maybe they wont keep leaving

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

innovative, capable and successful

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsSCC is an agile and focused organiation that promotes innovation and is totally sales focused

Conscould do with reviewing some terms and conditions against hte marketplace

Advice to Senior Managementempower staff to get on with it

PERFECT CV FOR SCC/SCH (Currently the only way to getting a job with SCC/SCH please update your CVs)

Distribution Field Engineer (Current Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsProfile SCC looking for:

Essentials:

1- Must have Criminal Record.
    2- Must have no life.
    3- Must lie to customers.
    4- Must order parts when not needed.
    5- Very important must have experience in sweeping streets (Bin man), delivering milk (milkman) and store man/delivery man anything with no IT skills.
    6- Must have no formal qualifications.
    7- Must have no IT experience.
    9- Must be Bankrupt at least once (You would have advantage if more than once)
    10- Must be a Monkey.
    11- Must be a Slave.
    12- Willing to steal money from family preferably your father and customers.
    14- Have been to prison for at least 2 years for fraud (You would have advantage if more than 3 years)
    15- Must order platform when not needed to mitigate calls.
    16- Calls out of SLA (Very important) must be manually closed to appear as if the call closed within SLA.
    17- Must close call as first time visit/fix even if it is your 1 million visits?
    18- Must be happy to stand on chairs tables anything that will break your nick.
    19- Must spy on your colleagues.
    20- Must be happy to be abused psychologically 24/7 365 days a year.

ConsAmazing Benefits:

1- Enjoy No training.
    2- Enjoy No Pay rises.
    3- Enjoy being Lucky to have a job with SCC.
    4- Enjoy being a Courier.
    5- Enjoy being a Pest controller.
    6- Enjoy working for free.
    7- Enjoy special Overtime at flat rate.
    8- Enjoy the Impartial HR (LOL)
    9- Enjoy No Fairness.
    10- Enjoy being treated like dirt.
    11- Enjoy no support from management
    12- Enjoy being tracked even when you are having number 2 or 1 or just for releasing some gas.
    13- Enjoy your van/car being bugged.
    14- Enjoy SCC.
    15- SCC is your life/ wife/husband/sister.
    16- Enjoy the mangers/ Rigby family getting rich on your expense and misery.
    17- Enjoy No sick pay.
    18- Enjoy No compassionate leave if a member of your family passes away.
    19- You can only have compassionate leave only if you die.
    20- Enjoy Bullying and harassment (at no extra cost to you other than your health) this benefits from day one you will not miss out.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know currently there is few engineers left employed by old SCC management who do not comply with the above, rest assured the current SCC management working very hard 24/7 to get you sacked you are too qualified and too honest.

A cold, privately owned company with a self-pronounced 'sink or swim' culture that spends as little as possible

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsFor those that don't sink, it is a place where you can develop a good CV and strong skills. Training and technical skills are highly valued.

ConsPoor quality working environment. Shabby décor and dirty toilets. Poor facilities in general and an approach of like it or leave. New recruits are taken with 1 week notice period and benefits are not available within the first six months on the basis that many leave during that time. Car, expenses, hotel and other policies are stacked heavily in the companies favour, providing a poor experience to the employee. Pay rises are rare with many people leaving and returning in order to increase salary. Employees feel undervalued. There is a fear driven culture and overwhelming office-politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress the fear culture, take steps to make employees feel valued.

A Terrible waste of good people & resources with no cohesive strategy.

Operations Team Leader (Former Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsGreat company if you can sit in the corner waiting to retire & don't get noticed doing so

ConsTyrannical Leadership team that has no strategy or direction, daily fire fighting in an organisation this size is an appalling waste of resources and talent. Some great committed staff, mixed with some completely demoralised long servers. A blame culture that is so endemic it isn't noticeable when you work there. A really undignified way to have to go to work

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are your best asset, they are not a drain, a liability or an over head. they have ideas, talent, aspirations, humour and loyalty. If you pay them poorly, take their security and view them with mistrust - How will the organisation that YOU manage thrive or survive?

A sales driven organisation that doesn't like to pay sales men

Sales (Former Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsGreat people at branch level who are all driven and self-motivated! They need to be with the ridiculously weak Branch management

ConsFilled with "Yes men" at middle management level, senior level is insular and incestuous. A handful of salesman are given deals and then lauded as heroes, the remainder have commission with-held and have to be VERY grateful when they do get paid! The "teacher's pet" mentality means there are a few mediocre kiss-ass individuals that are awarded and promoted, the rest slog their guts out until they are driven to leave!

Great people to work with, very satisfied!

Intern (Former Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsFlexibility, opportunity to learn and develop

Consjust that working hours might be long at times

Professional Crooks

Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsNo Pros simple criminal organization who is willing to make money out of people`s misery (sounds like mafia to me).

ConsCons simple PLENTY SCC likes to use stats to beat engineers with so we have 25 reviews only one gives 5 stars hmmm that's 0.04% against 99.96% tells you a lot (LOL it reminds me of the 100% first time fixes). With out repeating the 24 reviews I share and echo everything has been said this company is the worst example of how to run a business. Just to remind people HR get paid by SCC, so don't expect them to be nice to you unless you are willing to pay them more. Ah one more thing the management asked me to spy on follow engineers so be careful of the old engineers they know they cant find another job so they just spy on engineers to keep their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to hill crooks you are heartless, irresponsible and corrupt bunch criminals

Worked for SCC? Contribute to the Community!