SCC Reviews

Updated August 13, 2015
56 reviews filtered by
  • Birmingham, England (UK)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
3.6
SCC Chief Executive James Rigby
James Rigby

Pros
  • Good people get recognised and do well (in 4 reviews)

• Some lower level management is ok and the general staff are great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No promotion, no career progression, no pay rises, no recognition of your worth as an employee, no prospects, no job security, poor management (in 17 reviews)

• I worked there for many years and received NO PAY RISE (in 9 reviews)

SCC- Variety of roles

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working within SCC has been a pleasure and they provide you with a variety of roles within the company.

Cons

only issue i have is with the communication within training.

SCC friendly and family owned

Current Employee - Technical Pre Sales in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Pre Sales in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time

Pros

Working with a friendly management team is always a positive aspect of working for such a good company..

Cons

with SCC providing workers benefits i think there needs to be more of a variety on what they offer..

Enjoying my time here, very engaging

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time

Pros

Busy Environment Expanding company Strong work ethic Supportive team structures Flexible benefits package A trustworthy company that has kept its promises

Cons

Pension contribution model would benefit from a review.

Advice to Management

SCC is expanding rapidly and changing rapidly, so it is key to stay on top of this. That said SCC is operating in the right areas and has many compelling offerings, the environment is good and there are many opportunities available. If you are prepared to work hard this is a fantastic company to be part of.

8/10 - I Would Recommend A Friend

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

Good place to work. If you want to take responsibility, you will get on.

Cons

The communication of the achievement against the business plan is not as clear as it should be

Advice to Management

Improve the top down communication of initiatives to improve the business and encourage bottom up feedback of operational improvement opportunities

Jul 30, 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your review.

A good family company with lots of great staff,,,,,,,,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having worked in the business for over 20 years, I am surprised by some of the comments about lack of career progression as this is simply not representative of what i have witnessed. there are many people who have crafted long term careers in the business. It is a highly pressurised environment due to the nature of the business but everyone works together and people are genuinely helpful and supportive. There have been a lot of changes over the years but in recent times there have been some key changes which have resulted in changes in structure etc and I assume this is partly fuelling some of the negative comments, However the business needs to change and evolve in order to continue to be successful. The CEO is visible and down to earth and very approachable. The management are committed and hardworking and although not everything works in the way that it might, there are real signs of good progress in many areas. I have stayed here for a long time because I like the people, the company and the opportunity to get involved in exciting and interesting things.

Cons

The car parking is currently a challenge. There are people who don't take the time to understand the values and ethos of the business and are constantly negative - presumably those posting negative views.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to staff and improving.........

Jul 9, 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your review. An interesting statistic is that more than 50% of our employees have been with the business for over 5 years - and a third have been with us for over 10. This is ... More

SCC is an excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

There are a number of pro's around working for SCC, it may be large, but it still has a family feel. Being privately owned it's always encouraging to see the senior management team make quick and decisive decisions and then act on them. The recent changes that have been taking place over the last few years have been some of the most exciting I have seen since joining nearly 17 years ago. We have a superb leadership team, all of which actively encourage career development. Over the years I have seen many people come in a junior staff members and rise through their careers with the support of SCC. SCC isn’t the products or services it sells, it’s the people, good hard working committed people WILL be successful at SCC. We have a great culture and real honest values, it's easy to be part of a company you respect.

Cons

No cons I feel are worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing all the recent changes and hard work come to fruition.

Jul 6, 2015 – SCC

SCC

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best company to grow and learn

Cons

Didn't find, but let`s be honest,it`s not perfect but it`s perfectible

Jul 30, 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your honest review.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

SCC is a great company to work for because they recognise and reward good performance, the people at the company are fantastic and a pleasure to work with resulting in good teamwork and results.

Cons

Very little downsides for me, it would be location of the main office I work at due to the distance I have to travel but that's down to my decision of where I currently live.

Advice to Management

SCC is going from strength to strength and looking forward to the next few years to see more business growth.

Jul 2, 2015 – SCC

Career Progression

Current Employee - Senior Third Line Systems Support in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can only give Pro's on my Personal Career Journey at SCC (Started SCC for a Gap Year as a Packer within the newly established Refurb and Disposal Area, now 10 years later and many varied job roles later i am a Senior 3rd Line supporting many Key and core systems) * Supportive Senior Management (In IT) * Career Progression * Varied job roles (Personally appeals to me) * Solid core values

Cons

* Some areas i have worked can be much more restrictive and constraining * Training has always been something i personally would want more of due to my ambition and strive to progress withing SCC *

Advice to Management

Notice your key assets and invest heavily as they are the ones who will put in all the effort to keep meeting and surpassing targets,goals and ensuring that SCC core values are always being upheld.

Jul 15, 2015 – SCC

That you very much for your honest review.

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Job roles are flexible.

Cons

High turn over in certain areas of the business.

Advice to Management

I have had some wonderful Managers and work with some lovely people. The management from team leaders to the CEO are very approachable and fair.

Jul 6, 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your honest review.

RSS Feed </> Embed