SCC Reviews in Nottingham, England

1.8

SCC Chief Executive James Rigby
James Rigby

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A company run purely for the benefit of one family.

Former Employee - Technician  in  Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technician in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at SCC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They pay you on time. If you came on board via TUPE and can stick it long enough, you'll eventually move somewhere better, because they WILL lose the contract at some point.

Cons

No payrise in 6 years. They care very little, if at all, about employee welfare.

Ticking time bomb

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cannot think of anything good or positive.

Cons

When i joined SCC i thought i joined the biggest IT company in europe. I thought everything looked professional and during the whole interview process it all seemed legit, professional and super friendly managers. Everything was fantastic throughout my probation period, as soon as my probation period had been completed (6 months) it all changed for the worst.

It seems as an employee who just got a new job your aim is to hold on to this job through your probation period, but it seems SCC are the ones holding on to you! This may sound like a good thing but it is not. SCC purposely hold on to you, give you false hopes, false promises and lie because it becomes clear you are not doing just 1 role. you are doing many roles on the cheap:

Computer engineer (5%)
    AV TV fitter (50%)
    Locksmith (5%)
    Rat exterminator (5%)
    Carpenter (5%)
    Handyman (5%)
    Collection and drop off courier (20%)
    Cleaner (5%)

Your wage stays the same, when speaking to a few old 55 to 60 year old engineers they have been on 18k to 20k since they started. I have been with SCC for 2 years and i have seen so many other engineers come and go. SCC fail to keep hold of engineers after the probation period. Many engineers have taken SCC to court and won. Team leaders have taken them to court and won. Current employees including team leaders are going through court proceedings against SCC. This is crazy and shows exactly how SCC treat you if a manager is taking them to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without a question of a doubt, the worst experience of my life.

Pass your role on to a professional, educated, competent managers and watch the company blossom into what it should be a good company.

Worked for SCC? Contribute to the Community!