SCC Reviews

Reset
3.1
SCC Chief Executive James Rigby
James Rigby

Pros
  • Good people get recognised and do well (in 4 reviews)

• Some lower level management is ok and the general staff are great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No promotion, no career progression, no pay rises, no recognition of your worth as an employee, no prospects, no job security, poor management (in 17 reviews)

• I worked there for many years and received NO PAY RISE (in 9 reviews)

innovative, capable and successful

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SCC is an agile and focused organiation that promotes innovation and is totally sales focused

Cons

could do with reviewing some terms and conditions against hte marketplace

Advice to Management

empower staff to get on with it

Great place to work

Current Employee - Service Architect in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Service Architect in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, good work ethic, great leadership. I love the SCC brand and enjoy everyday of work.

Cons

Lots of away working due to lack of skills in certain UK areas

Advice to Management

Don't send too much work abroad (Romania)

Amazing

Current Employee - Support in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perfect stepping stone. Nice people

Cons

Non what so ever. All nice people

Happy days

Current Employee - Software in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm really impressed with SCC. It's had a really good year and continues to grow and develop. With the company's growth and successes has come my own. I have been promoted and had a pay rise in 2014. This is how businesses should be when things are going well for them. The restructure has been very positive and ensured that the right people are in the right places, getting rid of the non-performers. SCC is highly recommended

Cons

Not many. The main office is tired looking and the employee benefits need adjusting, other than that Snr management are responsive to the change and you can see the improvement in how SCC now operates and performs. Leadership is much stronger than in past years due to changes in management from the restructure and new people. Overall, I am very happy

Advice to Management

Company values could do with a refresh

As a new starter I have been made to feel very welcome, and like the direction the company is going in

Current Employee - Learning and Development Advisor in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Advisor in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A successful and hardworking culture. Willing to invest time and effort in to doing things properly. A high number of staff are long serving (10+ years). Down to earth people, who are themselves in the workplace, but still work hard. Takes corporate social responsibility seriously.

Cons

Policies and premises could do with being modernised - however, this is being worked on.

Advice to Management

Stay open to change, and the additional success that modernisation of the business can bring. Definately going in the right direction.

Fantastic Place to Build a Career

Current Employee - Report Writer in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Report Writer in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Built on a culture of mutual respect, SCC has been a fantastic place to work. I have been encouraged to work my own way, and have been given any resources and support needed in order to perform to the best of my ability. As much as I enjoy my job itself, the people are what make working for SCC so fantastic. It's not just management that are supportive, but peers too. We often collaborate to drive results and I have never found myself in a situation where no support was available to me. It is definitely an environment where you succeed based on your own merits, so if you are willing to learn and work hard, this is definitely the place for you.

Cons

The car park gets very busy.

Feb 5, 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your review. There are plans in place to improve the car parking facilities at our Birmingham campus.

first 12 months at SCC complete

Pros

Genuine internal movement opportunites. I moved internally to another department at SCC after 9 months in an administritive role. There are always opportunities available

Cons

Currently cons is non applicable

Advice to Management

Upper management are extremely approachable and obviously hand picked which I have found isn't always the case at multi national private companies. SCC's support to local causes and Charities is also supported by the Management.

Feb 9, 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your review.

Working for SCC

Current Employee - Senior Manager Within Sales in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Within Sales in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

I have been with SCC for over 25 years as have many of my counterparts and many of the staff working for me also have 10, 15 and 20 years tenure. If your personal ethos is to work hard, be totally committed to a company and the customers you serve and have the highest levels of integrity then SCC is a great place to build a career. Additionally apart from the first role I was employed to do with SCC every subsequent role has been created for me as part of a significant career path progression. I am proud that many of the staff I have employed over the years have in turn become senior managers within SCC and of those that have left they have succeeded in their new companies.

Cons

SCC has been termed a marmite business to work for. If you want to work hard and be accountable then that's the culture within SCC if not you don't like marmite.

Feb 9, 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your review.

Been here for a good few years, and hopefully a good few more to come.....

Current Employee - Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Contrary to what some others have said, I have, and still do, enjoy my time at SCC. I've had the opportunity to work with a broad variety of customers and managed to move up through a couple of positions. I do feel that my voice is heard and thoughts are valued, and this has helped me see change in the areas that I can influence, and working in the services business, the changes can be rapid, which make for a dynamic business.

Cons

It can be like a lot of large companies in that if you don't ask, you don't get. I've heard of people not get training, but I've never had training turned down if I could qualify why I need it.

Feb 9, 2015 – SCC

Thank you for your review. We have recently invested heavily in our Learning & Development capability to ensure that the range of development opportunities are understood and utilised ... More

Been with SCC for 10 years and still going

Current Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with SCC for over 10 years. Staff friendly and management approachable. Open to change which has been more observable within the last couple of years with the investment within the company. If you want to get on the opportunities are there especially with the renewed focus on people development.

Cons

Premises in Birmingham are tired but things are changing.

Advice to Management

Stay open to change and continue the investment in the people development strategy,

Mar 20, 2015 – SCC