SCC

James Rigby

Dont bother!

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsGoing home at the end of your shift

ConsManagement are stuck up no formal training only care about SLAS and stats
    Do not care about staff morale
    Jobs are described falsely you will find yourself doing a lot more than you are supposed to and for pennies
    Will only offer pay rise when you are leaving and by that time you have had enough ready!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your staff, treat them better and with more respect and maybe they wont keep leaving

Terrible and soul destroy ... Glad to have left

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros... you had a job ?

ConsManagement have no idea in how to engage with thier employee, other than ruling by fear of being sacked (for going the extra mile), loose part of your pay to cover the cost of an item going missing when the courier (TNT) have lost the said item(s).

Being sent to jobs were you have had no training what so ever, just so that the SLA can be fudged as "engineer has attended". engineers manual out of date by 2+ years, so the password nolonger works and no one in SCC, ie CRM, knows who to call to get the correct password(s) other than "ask the customer".

Echo of comments made preivously of how bad it was working for SCC.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart a revolution and sack the Rigby family. Then and ONLY THEN, will SCC be at peace.

A company run purely for the benefit of one family.

Technician (Former Employee)
    Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsThey pay you on time. If you came on board via TUPE and can stick it long enough, you'll eventually move somewhere better, because they WILL lose the contract at some point.

ConsNo payrise in 6 years. They care very little, if at all, about employee welfare.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sink or swim? Laugh or cry? Hell or nightmare? You choose.

Computer Engineer (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGot my under paid salary at the end of each month which paid the bills.

ConsGlad to of got out this dead wood company. I echo exactly what others have mentioned, constant blame culture...not willing to listen to great ideas from some talented employees. Management's way or no way, when management ideas fail they blame you for it. Constantly sent to all sorts of jobs without any training. 19 year old sent to server calls when 8 months ago they was a carpenter and didn't know how to use a pc let alone repair servers. Computa center has been much MUCH better, they are more approachable, professional and more organised with better and smoother ideas. Honest managers willing to work for the good of everyone. SCC managers would rather a call loses SLA as long as they pee'd you off they are happy. If your looking to join them...you have been warned.

Advice to Senior ManagementLaughing stock of the IT industry.

Manager

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsOnly one positive - Met some great people and new friends

ConsPoor executive team who operate by fear, blame culture and constant covering of poor decisions.

Sink or swim mentality with little support and guidance for new starters.

A family run company which doesn't know the meaning of being a family.

Not empowered to make decisions as Birmingham exec team control everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange change change

PERFECT CV FOR SCC/SCH (Currently the only way to getting a job with SCC/SCH please update your CVs)

Distribution Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsProfile SCC looking for:

Essentials:

1- Must have Criminal Record.
    2- Must have no life.
    3- Must lie to customers.
    4- Must order parts when not needed.
    5- Very important must have experience in sweeping streets (Bin man), delivering milk (milkman) and store man/delivery man anything with no IT skills.
    6- Must have no formal qualifications.
    7- Must have no IT experience.
    9- Must be Bankrupt at least once (You would have advantage if more than once)
    10- Must be a Monkey.
    11- Must be a Slave.
    12- Willing to steal money from family preferably your father and customers.
    14- Have been to prison for at least 2 years for fraud (You would have advantage if more than 3 years)
    15- Must order platform when not needed to mitigate calls.
    16- Calls out of SLA (Very important) must be manually closed to appear as if the call closed within SLA.
    17- Must close call as first time visit/fix even if it is your 1 million visits?
    18- Must be happy to stand on chairs tables anything that will break your nick.
    19- Must spy on your colleagues.
    20- Must be happy to be abused psychologically 24/7 365 days a year.

ConsAmazing Benefits:

1- Enjoy No training.
    2- Enjoy No Pay rises.
    3- Enjoy being Lucky to have a job with SCC.
    4- Enjoy being a Courier.
    5- Enjoy being a Pest controller.
    6- Enjoy working for free.
    7- Enjoy special Overtime at flat rate.
    8- Enjoy the Impartial HR (LOL)
    9- Enjoy No Fairness.
    10- Enjoy being treated like dirt.
    11- Enjoy no support from management
    12- Enjoy being tracked even when you are having number 2 or 1 or just for releasing some gas.
    13- Enjoy your van/car being bugged.
    14- Enjoy SCC.
    15- SCC is your life/ wife/husband/sister.
    16- Enjoy the mangers/ Rigby family getting rich on your expense and misery.
    17- Enjoy No sick pay.
    18- Enjoy No compassionate leave if a member of your family passes away.
    19- You can only have compassionate leave only if you die.
    20- Enjoy Bullying and harassment (at no extra cost to you other than your health) this benefits from day one you will not miss out.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know currently there is few engineers left employed by old SCC management who do not comply with the above, rest assured the current SCC management working very hard 24/7 to get you sacked you are too qualified and too honest.

A cold, privately owned company with a self-pronounced 'sink or swim' culture that spends as little as possible

Solution Architect (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsFor those that don't sink, it is a place where you can develop a good CV and strong skills. Training and technical skills are highly valued.

ConsPoor quality working environment. Shabby décor and dirty toilets. Poor facilities in general and an approach of like it or leave. New recruits are taken with 1 week notice period and benefits are not available within the first six months on the basis that many leave during that time. Car, expenses, hotel and other policies are stacked heavily in the companies favour, providing a poor experience to the employee. Pay rises are rare with many people leaving and returning in order to increase salary. Employees feel undervalued. There is a fear driven culture and overwhelming office-politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress the fear culture, take steps to make employees feel valued.

Was glad to leave. The owners were motivated by "what is in it for me".

Technical Support (Former Employee)
    Manchester, England (UK)

ProsVery few. I was employed on a managed service contract so fortunately didn't have to visit the Birmingham HQ.

ConsNo promotion, no career progression, no pay rises, no recognition of your worth as an employee, no prospects, no job security, poor management. I was there for 8 years and spent most of that time looking for another job, but working for SCC and not having any training at all goes against you. Despite learning in my own time and carrying out tasks of somebody well above my pay grade was never recognised. An interim or probationary role can last for 5 years with SCC. Pay rises were always at least 1 percent below inflation and was frozen for the last 3 years with the company (despite the company making record profits during those 3 years). The owner actually bought Coventry airport and a chain of hotels during this time and the family employees always received great dividends.

I was actually told by my immediate manager once that I was lucky to have a job. That Victorian attitude was permeated throughout the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you value and reward your staff you will get a lot more from them. Running a company purely for your own gains is all well and good but doesn't make staff work harder.

For beginers

Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee)
    Iaşi (Romania)

ProsCertifications, on time salary, life insurance

ConsBreathing is near to impossible because we are to many and the ac is asthmatic, chairs are not wired otherwise they could be electrical, very uncomfortable, claustrophobic offices, bad smels etc is a very long list

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to go to school. In Iasi we have some universities teaching you to be a manager. Without guidance you are only some babies playing adults roole. Try to get organised.

Just don't

ProsThere are no pro's. No prospects, no pay rises, no training, terrible no nothing managers, the list is endless.

ConsAs per above. Do not work for this amateurish company. You will not be happy. No prospects. No pay rises. No appreciation. Very poor salary, £18000 is considered high.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an idea of what you are managing before trying. The worst managers I have ever worked for and I've had a few!

Worked for SCC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SCC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SCC CEO James Rigby. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by SCC employees.