SCC Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
SCC Chief Executive James Rigby
James Rigby

Pros
  • Good people get recognised and do well (in 4 reviews)

• Some lower level management is ok and the general staff are great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No promotion, no career progression, no pay rises, no recognition of your worth as an employee, no prospects, no job security, poor management (in 17 reviews)

• I worked there for many years and received NO PAY RISE (in 9 reviews)

1. Hate the ethics

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made some really good friends

Cons

nasty management who fiddle stats for personal bonuses. I feel I'm managed by fear and the threat of me losing my job for small mistakes. They would rather dicipline someone then educate. I've asked to be put on training courses last year and this year but refused each time
    My self and a lot of others in my area are sick of going above and beyond our remit for no reward.

Advice to Management

Look at how many staff with great account knowledge are leaving. If you rewarded great work people would stay, my team

A good family company with lots of great staff,,,,,,,,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having worked in the business for over 20 years, I am surprised by some of the comments about lack of career progression as this is simply not representative of what i have witnessed. there are many people who have crafted long term careers in the business. It is a highly pressurised environment due to the nature of the business but everyone works together and people are genuinely helpful and supportive. There have been a lot of changes over the years but in recent times there have been some key changes which have resulted in changes in structure etc and I assume this is partly fuelling some of the negative comments, However the business needs to change and evolve in order to continue to be successful. The CEO is visible and down to earth and very approachable. The management are committed and hardworking and although not everything works in the way that it might, there are real signs of good progress in many areas.
    I have stayed here for a long time because I like the people, the company and the opportunity to get involved in exciting and interesting things.

Cons

The car parking is currently a challenge. There are people who don't take the time to understand the values and ethos of the business and are constantly negative - presumably those posting negative views.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to staff and improving.........

Good

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Job roles are flexible.

Cons

High turn over in certain areas of the business.

Advice to Management

I have had some wonderful Managers and work with some lovely people. The management from team leaders to the CEO are very approachable and fair.

SCC is an excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC

Pros

There are a number of pro's around working for SCC, it may be large, but it still has a family feel. Being privately owned it's always encouraging to see the senior management team make quick and decisive decisions and then act on them. The recent changes that have been taking place over the last few years have been some of the most exciting I have seen since joining nearly 17 years ago. We have a superb leadership team, all of which actively encourage career development. Over the years I have seen many people come in a junior staff members and rise through their careers with the support of SCC. SCC isn’t the products or services it sells, it’s the people, good hard working committed people WILL be successful at SCC. We have a great culture and real honest values, it's easy to be part of a company you respect.

Cons

No cons I feel are worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing all the recent changes and hard work come to fruition.

Worst employer of the year goes to SCC! congratulations you have won the award 5 times in a row.

Current Employee - Field Support Engineer in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Support Engineer in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Any 5 star reviews you see take with a huge pinch of salt. Highly likely the management at work and i find it UNBELIEVABLE it would be genuine colleagues with GENUINE reviews. In fact i will bet my house, car and life 5 star reviews are NOT by employees but faked by management.

Cons

I've given SCC around 9 years of solid service (not disclosing the exact). The first 5+ years were excellent, amazing management that help you while you help them. A definite give and take environment whereby everyone was happy at the end of the day. We'd skip out lunch breaks to help out or simply just take 10 minutes lunch and crack on. Unfortunately SCC had a massive change 4 or so years ago, engineers became managers overnight, the same engineers that would fool the system pretending to be on jobs/calls while actually having fixed/sorted the call 30 minutes earlier while having a drink in the local pub to stretch the call out. These SAME engineers are now managers. In the last 4 years SCC have chopped and changed more than any one can count, these ex engineers (now managers) have a great task of watching engineers physically (stalking them and spying) from a distance to see if engineers turned up to a call when they said they did, IRONIC huh?. These new managers have NO managerial experience what so ever, there only known tactic is to bully and intimidate. You WILL NOT be left to do you job. Hence why engineers now (that were good engineers) now stay on the job a LOT longer than needed, so there is LESS harassment. However SCC now call engineers in the office with their ammunition ready with stupid facts like (TV installs take 20 minutes) so 'why was you onsite for 45 minutes'. Simply we all reply with 'Because it was difficult and not a standard removal'. And then nothing is done after that, its just a dirty tactic to keep you on your toes. In 9 years service the rate of inflation has increased incredibly, unfortunately ZERO pay rises in the 9 years until now 2015 we got £400 pay rise! CRAZY! so 400 divided by 9 = £44 ish a year pay rise. Talk about insult, i rather not have it then a ridiculous £44 a year extra. Bare in mind SCC have increased profits in the last 4 years by MILLIONS. Employees are NOT respected or treated like human beings. You have been warned, test them at your own risk.

Advice to Management

Well done ! you bullied someone, do you feel the power? does it make you feel amazing and of some significance in this world? Does it make you grow a pair ? not physically but in your head? We all know those who bully have a insecurity of their own. Good luck, you'll need it.

Thank you for your review.

You must understand that we are a large company with a diverse set of roles. No one experience is the same as another and, as such, the positive reviews on this page are
    ... More

brilliant company with a opportunities always available.

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SCC is a brilliant organisation to work for, and even better for a career path to take. It's structure is to be admired from the core of being created and run as a family owned business that always gives the smoothly home feel to the place.

Cons

The downside in my personal opinion is the amount of space the car park has at its disposal on site.

Advice to Management

My advice is only to higher management because sometime they can spring last minute projects on you when they knew about it sooner, it would be nice just to be kept into the loop at times!

Good company and a friendly working environment

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Something I have loved about the company ever since I joined is how positive and friendly the workplace is, everyone is always super supportive.

Cons

To be honest I could probably have done with a bit more training at the start.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training new employees.

Thank you for your review.

We are currently working on our corporate induction process and employee development programme.

Don't understand all of the negativity

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Farnborough, London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Farnborough, London, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looking through some of these reviews, I really don't understand all of the negativity. The company is family owned so everyone is very close and can't do enough to help you. There are brilliant earning opportunities in the sales roles which always gives you targets to work towards. This also means they encourage their employees to work towards expanding their career path with SCC.

Cons

I will admit the IT systems are slightly archaic, but it doesn't affect any of our work. The only thing it can affect is the communication during training

Advice to Management

maybe update the training systems

Jul 2, 2015SCC

Thank you for your honest review.

We are currently working on our employee development programme.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Service Desk Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for SCC for about 11 months and It is a very welcoming environment to work in, friendly people to work with and great ways to excel yourself.

Cons

Car park could be improved - not enough space.

Advice to Management

Senior management is always very supportive

Thank you for your review.

There are plans in place (with work started in areas) to improve car parking and general facilities at all of our office locations.

Clear goals and good communication from CEO

Current Employee - Sales in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at SCC full-time

Pros

As a current employee, who has vigorously enjoyed my time at SCC, they have supported myself in every way to achieve my goals in moving forward on my career path.

Cons

IT systems could be improved in areas.

Thank you for your review.

We've worked hard over the past 18 months to improve internal communications and keep employees updated with business strategy.

RSS Feed </> Embed