SCC Soft Computer Inc. Reviews

Gilbert Hakim

Medical Quality Assurance Specialist

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Largo, FL

I have been working at SCC Soft Computer Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Intangible Benefits; Flexible Work Schedule; Relaxed Work environment; Beautiful Nice Working Enviornment

Cons

Low Salary; Lacks Global Communication throughout the company, (many silo departments)

Advice to Management

Keep Quality Focus

Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator in Lutz, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator in Lutz, FL

I worked at SCC Soft Computer Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

-Got a fair amount of accounting experience in a short time -Department manager was very nice and helpful -Lunch program is really convenient

Cons

- Very low pay - Boring, repetitive work - Poor benefits. The 401k match is low and the free health insurance isn't good

Advice to Management

Up the salaries, charge for benefits like other companies so the employees have options of what to take, encourage cross training so we aren't doing the same tedious tasks all day long.

Low Salary and Poor Management

I have been working at SCC Soft Computer Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lunch program is subsidized which is nice. Florida is nice. Bagel day and banana day is nice. Water is available.

Cons

Pay is low. Work space not comfortable. Management quarrel and bicker unprofessionally. CEO is completely absent, does not inspire at all. Pay is simply too low. Dress code too formal.

Advice to Management

Promote and pay more. Modernize dress code less formal.

SCC is a top notch Laboratory Information System software manufacturer!

I worked at SCC Soft Computer Inc.

Pros

They continuously keep abreast of laboratory instrument vendors updates and tweek their product modules accordingly

Cons

There are none at this time...great place!

Thanks For

I worked at SCC Soft Computer Inc.

Pros

Thanks for the experience. I had a great opportunity to work in a department where the manager and the team leads encouraged you to learn. They helped you promote to the next level.

Cons

Couldn't afford to stay at SCC. My new company pays more but, the managers could care less about you or your career.

Advice to Management

You hire good employees out of school you train them, but if you would pay your staff a living wage you might keep them. I miss my old department, until I see my pay check.

The Employees Make this Company

Former Employee - Former Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at SCC Soft Computer Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people in my old department were the best. If you didn't understand an issue with a task or a client was upset, either the employees in my department or in another department would be glad to help. You don't get this help in other company's.

Cons

After receiving a low increase for the third year in a row, and listening to my manager complain about how the VP of HR will never give anyone more than a three percent increase, in a matter of one month after I received a 2.5%merit increase, I updated my resume and landed a job making more money, Yes, the benefits are just as good, but I would have never left if I would have received a fair and reasonable increase.

Advice to Management

VP of HR needs to be honest with the candidates when he is drilling them about their degree, " The Pay is Low, but the employees are great". Your employees have student loans, and Bills to pay and most of your employees work two jobs just to make ends meet, All the employees hear is how much money the company makes.

SCC = Seriously Cheap Company

I have been working at SCC Soft Computer Inc.

Pros

I would say that the people you work with (non management) is what makes you get through the day. Not all departments can say the same but for me it is why I still work here, but not for much longer. Let see we have free bananas on Wednesdays, 1 free bagel every first Friday of the month, and they cover half of your lunch from a menu that gets old really quick. Seriously, those are the only perks. There is medical/dental/vision insurance that they say is free but I think your actually paying for it because of your low salary.

Cons

This company is cheap and will not give you a competitive salary. There are many people who have two jobs just to make ends meet which is ridiculous. They hire programmers from Ukraine so they can pay them dirt cheap salaries and hold visas over their heads so they cant leave when they bring them to the US. The software is sold to client with issues that are known and they are basically the beta testers of the new versions. Most of the managers are just old employees that moved up the ladder without any real business degrees. If you try to advance to another department your manager will likely deny it and will make your work a living hell. Some are decent at this company but others will make you want to quit the first day. I have seen so many people leave this company after 1-2 years to something that pays better and they were from different departments so it doesn't really matter for which department you work for. They make you take hour lunch so you are basically at work 9 hours. They make you clock in and out so you have to have 40 hours on your time sheet. They only give you the bare minimum of holidays so you have to use your vacation or personal days to get off on days like 12/26 and those vacation days have to be earned per pay period. If you do start working here try and learn what you can and move on or else your going to be sucked into a dead end career.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees their worth and maybe you wont lose so many smart individuals. If your employee is happy then your company will grow but from the looks of it now your barely holding on and clients starting to see this.

Wanted: Obedient Sheep, others need not apply.

I worked at SCC Soft Computer Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to go if your looking for something to fill in the few years until retirement, and have ZERO ambitions of a an actual career. Resume builder. The workerbee employees are generally good people. Earned a Masters Degree in Office Politics.

Cons

This place is creepy. VERY passive-aggressive impotent middle management that claim to fight for their departments but are 100% pure company-man. It is about as close to being "Office Space" as one can imagine. Questionable ethics and business practices, shell companies. Releasing endless versions of products to clients that are never ready, all in the name of adding more $$$ to their contracts. If your a young educated adult do not expect to be paid like one, or have any expectations of rising through the ladder, or ask too many questions when things start to smell funny, this is an organization that wants dumb obedient sheep that question nothing, there will be dozens in front of you that have spent 10-20 years "paying their dues". Management will go as far as they possibly can to make unwanted employees quit voluntarily in order to avoid paying unemployment benefits.

Advice to Management

Don't bother, Management has ZERO-tolerance policy for advise.

Disrespectful, micromanaging, unprofessional, no confidence in their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at SCC Soft Computer Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The employees themselves create an atmosphere that make you want to stay. A warm family friendly environment. Nice events like free bagels first Friday, free bananas on Wednesdays, and many employee sponsored events/fund raisers.

Cons

2 owners, one travels so much and only interested in growing his new business, the second is the meanest I have ever seen. I've never worked where VP's scream at each other in open forum, call each other foul names, berate their employees in front of anyone and everyone. There is no possibility to change the processes there to make things better, it will only be run the way she sees fit today, and that is subject to change on the hour. You never know if you are in a safe place of not when you are there, both physically and professionally.

Advice to Management

Unless the owners agree to let outside the family take some responsibilities, I see the future falling apart.

Worst place to work for!

Former Employee - Administrative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at SCC Soft Computer Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros is free healthcare but you go through executive obstacles to get it. Still not really a pro.

Cons

A shorter list would be what ISN'T a con for this company? A whole bunch of people on high horses.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves.

RSS Feed </> Embed