SCM Data

Updated December 12, 2014
3.2

CEO
1 Rating

It was good to work here

Current Employee - Software Test Intern in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Test Intern in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SCM Data as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I learned a lot of on the job and gained the better understanding of the industry. This company was very flexible with my the schedule. People well cultured and I got good benefits. Fantastic experience out of college.

Cons

There was a lot of personal growth for me in this company. I like it a lot. They offer me good the perks and I the like the staff and people I work with. I got a lot of free things

I like what you and keep doing it.

BIG SCAM

Current Employee - N/A in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - N/A in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SCM Data

Pros

It's just a scam and no pros at all

Cons

Weird people, Be careful when you sign rate agreement and read it carefully because
    rate agreement has 5K clause which means your bound to work almost 600 hrs at at their discretion where ever they want to you to work otherwise they will charge you for training which is $5000.
    I would say it's nothing more than scam.

Stop trapping people

N/a

I worked at SCM Data full-time

Pros

It is good to start insurance career. They supported your education for your insurance career. Pretty said good about this company.

Cons

Run for the hill if you started working for this company. You will under a lot of pressure and stress by the senior management. They work load is terrible for the low salary that you make it. I don't ever again for any outsource insurance companies like this one or any like it. They are the same. I understand why they are always hiring people. They have a huge turnover.

Senior management try to have a proper training for your staff and have a clue what is going in your company work.

Good company for international students

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SCM Data as an intern

Pros

they provide free H1B visa sponsorship, great working environment, and they take care of employees, and excellent work-life balance

Cons

currently not, they provide free H1B visa sponsorship, great working environment, and they take care of employees

Great company to work for!!!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SCM Data full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing marketing team. Everyone is helpful.

Cons

so far no cons!!! this company takes good care of employees.

Keep promoting SCM. I hope it will become one of the best company in the US.

SCM Data (Fremont)

I have been working at SCM Data

Pros

A lot of people got placed via SCM. They have 3 different locations. If you have an issue they will seat and listen to you and solve it. They are pretty fair with the post employment. Better than some other companies such as Beta soft Systems (which now are changing their name to something like 360 technologies or systems). Don't ever go with Beta soft Systems. SCM have a good managers. Very friendly staff.

Cons

When it comes to setting up interview for you with clients, they are not efficient, they wait till last minutes to manage that, and from that some problems get created. Also, most of their marketers are good but still have some of them that doesn't know how to work correctly (lack of communication). Other than that, nothing specific.

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Information Security Assurance Analyst in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Information Security Assurance Analyst in Foster City, CA

I have been working at SCM Data full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SCMDATA a free IT training and staffing company now located on 39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy in Fremont, previously located on Fremont Blvd is a very well-known consulting company to being a successful software career in QA/BA. Before I entered the office of SCMDATA I had heard of many good opinions about the training and marketing provided by the company. With a great hope and ambition to succeed I signed a contract with them. I will never regret this decision. For one, I got a job within 2 months in a career that I was always interested in, that is Information Security. Moreover they provided free accommodation and travelling allowance whenever I had to go out of station for a face to face interview. They also provide assistance in building an attractive resume and facing challenging interviews. They have a great working and learning environment which fosters a sense of dedication to achieve. I have to mention my marketing manager Dinesh Puri and Ketan in this regards who have been a great support been all along. One more important benefit to be gained by joining SCMDATA is free H1B Visa and Green card sponsorship. Last but not the least they are very punctual and accurate in processing payrolls on time! Overall I will give a 10/10 for SCMDATA. Join, learn and achieve!

Cons

I did not go through at problems .

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at SCM Data full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work Culture, Pay processing, Benefits and grievance handling.

Cons

Focused on only few technologies and skills like Business Analysts, Project management, Quality Assurance, Sales Force.

Consider diversifying into other technologies too, like, JAVA, .Net, ERPs etc.

Horrible company,total scam

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Herndon, VA

I worked at SCM Data full-time (less than an year)

Pros

none at all, ALL CONS

Cons

everything about SCM,MMC . Scamming us on OPT

shut down

Great Company

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at SCM Data as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Really great company to work for. I have been working with them from last 1 year. They are amazing.

Cons

They deliver what they have promised for great salary ,great benefits , free accommodation...They have proactive team which supports a lot on job.....I must say They are really amazing...

We can see SCM data is growing its all because of the hard work.