SCi Sales Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Brendan O'Flaherty

Lots of promise let down by a tyranical owner

I worked at SCi Sales Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to some great, high profile clients. Have attracted some real talent through their doors, if you can recognise this and learn from them while they are there it canmgreatly expand your knowledge and experience.

Cons

An owner and MD that manages to get great talent into the team and then not allow them to do their job. He seems to think that he is the authority on everything where nothing could be further from the truth. The way he speaks to people and manages them is appalling, and I'm afrid he will continue to run the company and its people into the ground.

Advice to Management

Limit the involvement of the owner with front line staff to an absolute minimum

Dishonest bullies- avoid at all costs!

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Hammersmith, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Pros

Some of the people are lovely

Cons

Commission is capped- if it's paid at all, the CEO is a bully, managers blame their incompetence on you... the list goes on. You're promised the world in your interview, to find out on day one that the targets are unrealistic and that the commission (if you can even earn any) is capped. You don't get paid per sale here- you hit your entire target to even start earning. The CEO fires people that he doesn't like- it doesn't matter if you're good at your job or not. Management will throw you under the bus to cover themselves with the CEO when needed. Staff turnover is ridiculously high - easy to see why. Avoid this place like the plague.

Advice to Management

Grow up and start treating your staff like humans.

Run away

Pros

None, ok, maybe the additional breaks through out the day were nice, but i'm just using this space up because its a 20 word minimum.

Cons

You will hate it here. If you are offered a job, run away. Quickly. The offices are located in an alley and pretty horrendous. Of they doubled my salary I wouldnt go back. The problems are TOP down... A horrible CEO who takes joy in firing people. I'd rather work as one of thosecharoty people on the street

CEO is the worst human being I have ever met

Pros

If you have no self respect then this may the environment for you.

Cons

I worked here to six weeks before I handed my one week notice. I have never walked out of a job before as a professional person, but I think too much of myself to be treated like a dog, screamed at in management team meetings and have things thrown at me (yes, physical bullying as well as emotional!). I worked as a recruitment manager here and was hired with a view to 'fix' recruitment. There was nothing wrong with recruitment, the issue was with turnover created by the bullying tactics of the CEO. That being said, I tried to make changes to the process and was always met with disdain. He hired three other management positions at the same time and all four of us had left within a few months. The working environment was dirty and falling apart with some sales people in a room with no heaters during snow storms. If anyone offered constructive critisism or didnt agree with something they were fired. It was a put up and shut up culture.

Advice to Management

Your CEO/Owner is a tyrant who cant see past his own ego. He compensates for his lack of intelligence by bullying the people who actually know how to do their job and telling him that he is the best at their job and they will never be better than him (while in the same breath not understanding basic employment laws). BRENDAN - the problem is not your staff. It is YOU

SCI - where telesales folk come to die

Current Employee - Inside Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SCi Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The telesales staff are all in the struggle together which creates a great team spirit. We have a common enemy.

Cons

The CEO. He is really, really bad at his job. It's a small company so unfortunately anyone who joins the company will have misfortune of coming up against him He belittles people, he bullies, he shouts, he sacks based on personal dislike and he is running the company into the ground (research the company annual losses). Yes, it's also true that the positive reviews are written by management staff (they sound like mini sales pitches).

Advice to Management

Just retire Brendan! Go somewhere and rest thone tired legs and that tired jaw.

The good reviews are written by Managers

I worked at SCi Sales Group full-time

Pros

Everybody hates the CEO, so we all have something in common - great for team building :) Good local pubs to drown your sorrows. The good reviews on here are written by managers pretending to be staff.

Cons

Where do I start? The CEO is the luckiest guy ever, he certainly didnt get to where he is with his skill. Its hire and fire here, with a revollving door for new staff. No point making freinds as they will be sacked next day. Dont believe the commission or the shares.

Advice to Management

The ceo should retire and the management should stand up to him

A company taking the steps to go in the right direction

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Hammersmith, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Hammersmith, England (UK)

I have been working at SCi Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the business late last year, I can genuinely say the place has improved dramatically in that time. Recruitment has been a massive change, when I joined you could see some of the staff were not a good fit for the organisation and vice versa. Since January the quality of the recruitment, has really improved which has resulted in a strong sales team. From conversations with people who have been here longer than myself they have said the culture and environment, is the best it's been in years. There have been some internal promotions recently which were also well received and in some cases overdue. There are some really talented individuals in the business, with one or two more additions the business will continue to go from strength to strength.

Cons

I would recommend some Sales awards, as it would highlight the stand out individuals. As a sales person it's all about being recognised by your peers.

Advice to Management

Do not stop with the changes that are happening right now, you have a sales team that wants to work for you, keep up the momentum, and we will grow the business for you.

Great company, fantastic colleagues and strong management

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SCi Sales Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Internal promotions Mentoring scheme Huge variety of campaigns and clients to work with Possibility of doing a Sales NVQ An extra holiday for your birthday Share options

Cons

Have to type up Lead Forms - sales people do not like Admin Sometimes targets are unrealistic, some campaigns are very hard

Advice to Management

The support and coaching is great. it is very helpful. the buzz on the sales floor is consistent from Monday mornings to Friday afternoons.... I feel motivated and I love the way each lead or sale is recognised throughout the business. More communication, I'd like to know about Campaigns coming up so that I can mention to management when its one I am particularly keen on.

Don't believe everything you read on here.....

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at SCi Sales Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been here for a short time, but I have never felt so welcomed into any company before. Right from the start you are valued and appreciated. You get a designated Mentor who helps you day to day and the support from Management is great. I feel like I have been here for ages already. I was even taken out to lunch by my mentor on my first day! I get constant feedback on my performance from the Sales Director who has a great approach, he is incredibly motivating and supportive. Its hard joining a new company and being a newbie but I strongly feel this is the right move for me and that I am going to be very successful here. The people are great too, they help you get settled. There appears to be a great team spirit and success is highly acknowledged and I've never been in a Company like this before. The Clients we work for are mainly large blue chip organisations and the variety is vast. The experience to gain here is limitless. I really feel this company is going places and I for one am glad to be part of it.

Cons

Hard to find any yet but if I had to nit pick then I would say some more social events after the beer o'clock on the Friday would be most welcomed!

Advice to Management

The Sales Director and his team are doing a fantastic Job! The Office Manager is a breath of fresh air and the welcome into the company by the HR lady was excellent. Right from the recruitment process through to the induction. Keep getting those great Clients in and my job will be easy!

They promise more than they appear to deliver.

Pros

They have a Beer - O - Clock on a Friday afternoon. Some of the people were lovely. It was very local to where I live, and I used to walk to work. The location is near shops, restaurants and a small shopping centre, which is useful for lunchtimes.

Cons

A terrible CRM which often used to crash. The telephone system used to play up very often whilst I was there. A lack of sales training, although they claimed to be rolling out a sales training program. They used to have a quiz morning every Wednesday, which some may see as a pro, but I didn't like participating. I was never really any feedback about where I was going wrong until I was dismissed. Some people who were there are generally not happy to be there and are using the place as a stop-gap for something better.

Advice to Management

Give regular feedback on calls to indicate where you are going wrong, I can fix things once I can see where the issues are. It's not always a good thing to focus on the positive, when there are areas that need to be improved upon as well. Apparently there are now mice on the sales floor, if this is true, this needs to be sorted out!

RSS Feed </> Embed