SD of Waukesha

SD of Waukesha Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great community of teachers to work with!

Teacher (Former Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsThere is a very supportive system of teachers. The students are good kids, may need a little more motivation than other places.

ConsAdministration seemed distant at times, not very supportive. Lots of tasks to complete outside of standard class prep, although that is more of the standard statewide from what I've heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more support to teachers, especially new teachers.

We Pretend to value good teachers!

High School Teacher (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsWisconsin State Retirement System at the end of your career.

ConsNot valued. Doing continually more with less student results. Plain out forgot how to treat people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to the people in the trenches.

I love love being a special education aide

Special Education Aide Substitute (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsSome of the schools and staff are awesome! I had a full day of training at the home office which gave me great insight on what to expect. Also they were willing to send me to other training like behavorial or CPR training thru the school district. They try to promote within before seeking outside staff. With over 27 schools in the district I was almost guaranteed to be working just about everyday! I also love the fact that as a substitute if I really don't want to work I don't have to.

ConsI am as well as other aides without teaching degrees are not being hired full time, as teachers without jobs are taking the aide positions. Why would I want to train a licensed teaching staff who will leave as soon as a position at another school opens up - the school is right back to hiring again. If you are hired for a long term position which I have had many even for as long as an entire school year - you will not get any benefits, no sick days, vaca days nada. Something does not seem right here.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have the experience and am well liked I will be a longevity employee ! Since working with children can be a delicate matter I would seek people who fit the job whether or not they have the schooling qualifications! Whatever happened to who knows more on the job training versus schooling?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waukesha Schools

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsWell qualified and professional teachers to work with

ConsToo many intiatives
    Large class size
    Not enough time to prepare
    Too many meetings
    Teachers are not recognized for what they do that is of value

Advice to Senior ManagementLess meetings
    Less initatives
    Snaller classes
    More preparation time

I feel enriched with knowledge and empower to grow personally and professionally.

Instructional Resource Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsBelieve all children can grow
    Best practices and hire the best
    At the cutting edge for staff and students

ConsTechnology needs to improve to get computers in the hands of the under privileged. I would love to eee Waukesha go wireless as a coummunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep improving on communication with upper management to principals on down. When we are all in the know i see movemented and acceptance much smoother. I am proud to be apart of Waukesha schools.

Worked for SD of Waukesha? Contribute to the Community!