SDSE Reviews

Orlando Bullock

1. Growing Company that is Meeting the Challenges

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SDSE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people who work at SDSE from Senior Management to the individuals on the front lines supporting the customers are great people, the environment keeps changing in the right direction. The company is taking the needed steps to ensure success, they are hiring new people which is providing new insight to help make it to the next level. The work / life balance is there as long as the job is done. Proposals are going out the door, so you can see that they are keeping the growth of the company in mind.

Cons

As with most company's these days the benefits can be expensive. However, SDSE is exploring options to make this better. SDSE could do a better job providing training to off-site employees.

Consider more training opportunities and have more corporate events so that we can meet other company employees.

2. Has potential, but falls short every time...

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at SDSE

Pros

Work-life balance was good.
    You meet new faces everyday, customers are friendly and thoughtful.

Cons

Promotions or any upward mobility in this company is non-existent.
    management issues, communication between managers were abysmal, making simple task like asking for days off a tedious task.
    Too much favoritism between managers and certain employees.
    Punishes you for co-workers' failings.

Listen to your employees.

3. I have not worked here I'm applying for a job

I have been working at SDSE full-time

Pros

I am a very motivated person,I have strong communication skills. I have a strong background in property management, multi -tasking skills, team leadership.

Cons

I have had over 10 years of experience as a property manager, I enjoy working as a team player. I have had achieved several awards. I am a very dependable person! I feel I would be a asset to this company!!

I have a strong communication skills from the past experienced property manager. With a strong background in: operating expense,payroll,office reports and analysis and organization, multi-tasking skills, team leadership! Also I was great in marking and sales. I feel I would be a asst to the company for this postion.

5. Wow... really?

Current Employee - Senior Instructor/Designer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Instructor/Designer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at SDSE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pros? That I have a job. Pros? That this contract is up in a year, if SDSE doses't lose it before then.

Cons

Immediate supervisor is a ghost who hires family and friends. Sr. Management is a joke.No employer contribution to benefits. No training budget. No employee appreciation. Home office attrition is high. Do I really need to continue?

Finish up the contract, pay the bills, close up shop, and retire to the beach somewhere. You have no business running a company.

6. I HATE THIS COMPANY

I have been working at SDSE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no Pro's. This company sucks. I do not understand how they win contracts.

Cons

HR sucks and you can not tell them anything because they will in return tell the individuals that you called about. Management on both sides (corporate and in the field) suck and only care about themselves.

I personally can not wait to leave this company.

7. Nurisng Instructor

Current Employee - Nursing Instructor in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Nursing Instructor in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at SDSE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great position for work-life balance. The vacation and holiday benefits are really good. There is great emphasis put on student's first, which is good because with small class room sizes, we focus one on one with students.

Cons

With any job, working with a small group of women that are nurses and teachers sometimes can be challenging, but overall working environment is good.

NA

8. No problems here

I have been working at SDSE

Pros

Quality management with great engagement

Cons

Didn't have some of the benefits I had hoped for

9. Unprofessional Sinking Ship

I worked at SDSE full-time

Pros

Work-life balance is good; Direct management depends on which contract you're assigned to but mine was good; Beginning pay was reasonable (see cons for note about raises)

Cons

Upper management is a complete joke - they make promises of how things will change for the better and then nothing comes from it, they are unable to manage the contracts that they already have, they can't win new contracts, and they are completely unprofessional; raises are non-existent - I was told to wait until they won a new contract to discuss a raise, which never happened because they can't win new contracts; cost of benefits is ridiculously high; Upper management just likes to party with their friends, and if you aren't in their club then don't expect much; If you never have to deal with upper management then you may be alright, otherwise avoid this sinking ship

Lower the cost of benefits; Maintain professionalism; Appropriately manage the contracts that you do have so that you stop losing them

10. All talk and no change

I worked at SDSE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None. I really can't think of any.

Cons

The only metric is profitability. Although the rhetoric supports transformative ideas, you are not going to be able to develop them here.

Retire.

11. Procurement

I worked at SDSE full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of outside parties for management.

Cons

To much outside partying with management. No structure. Managers are never available for employees or contractors. Will only hire friends, friends of friends, and anyone who will party with them outside of work. Ratio of employees is 90 to 10 with it comes to racial employees.

Start treating your employees, and your friends, like employees. Be a manager. This is a job not a country club.