SEA Corp Reviews

Updated March 20, 2015
3 reviews filtered by
3.8
CEO

1. One of the best Defense contractors in Newport/Middletown, RI.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Middletown, RI
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Middletown, RI

I have been working at SEA Corp

Pros

Family- like culture (could be good or bad, but I like it.) Genuinely care about their employees. Good place to learn. Currently working to diversify outside DOD - and having some success.

Cons

The nature of contracting is that your job depends on winning contracts. They do their best to keep everyone employed though.

2. Great company for engineers!

Current Employee - Web Developer in Middletown, RI
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Middletown, RI

I have been working at SEA Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- Fun people, with an avid interest in golf and parties
    - Awesome benefits, including 401K match up to 8% and a 500/1000-deductible health plan
    - Well-managed

Cons

- Work limited to government sector
    - Reluctance to expand beyond manufacturing/engineering
    - Little support for full-time on-site contractors

Task Managers may want to take a bit more interest in their remote employees to help facilitate communications. Also need to try harder to expand beyond the government sector to better weather crises like the shutdown.

3. Systems Engineering Associates Corporation...ins and outs.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI

I worked at SEA Corp

Pros

Working at Systems Engineering Associates Corporation can be great depending on the job title you hold. They have an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision. The environment at the main office is inviting and promotes productivity, and the company holds numerous parties and events throughout the year that the employees can partake in.

Cons

As for downsides, I would say that communication with management (at least in my case) was a huge downfall. I feel that the majority of my problems could have simply been resolved if management would have listened to my concerns early on instead of just ignoring them.

Listen to your employees!!! If they have genuine issues or concerns about their job, other employees, or work environment please don’t turn a blind eye to that because that will only make things worse for everyone in the end. Good communications are essential in keeping any business afloat.