SEI/Aaron's Reviews

Updated July 27, 2014
Updated July 27, 2014
2.8

Charles Smithgall

After being in the top 10 sales people for a long time all I got is 'thank you'

I worked at SEI/Aaron's

Pros

GM was flexible about me requesting days off when I needed it on short notice.overtime is paid as well as holidays.high chances to get good bonuses if you are a good sales person. It all depends on your GM,I had seen 3 on duty while I worked there - while one was a joke,another one was fired for stealing ,the last one was a decent person,but RM had his own views on that store.

Cons

No personal appreciation or recognition.after me being on top of the sales for half of the year (my previous SM resigned and I had to be in charge of sales as well as service issues) in stead of promoting me they hired a person with no experience offering her way better salary.after I left the company(never missed a day of work) they didn't pay me my sick/personal time that I hadn't used for over a year.

Instead of hiring new people for managing positions give a chance to those who proves their performance and loyalty to the company on daily basis.

Management sucks, if you like ripping people off, work here

Current Employee - Manager Trainee  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Everett, WA

I have been working at SEI/Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

good coworkers, Sunday off,hour lunch,paid for miles

Cons

pay, management, hours, PAY PAY PAY, vacation time, amount of work done is not pay worthy, upper management i a joke.

Promote people that actually work not lazy people!!!!

Would not recommend employment at Aarons

Former Employee - Delivery Driver
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver

I worked at SEI/Aaron's full-time

Pros

Easy to be promoted, one hour lunch break, on the road most of the day so your away from the store

Cons

Pay wasn't good, very long hours, no time for family, management was terrible, dealt with very ignorant customers, go into gross homes

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a career job

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

I have been working at SEI/Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, people are decent, opportunity for advancement if you want to move up within the company, no real experience needed

Cons

Very long hours, always have to work Saturdays, constant micromanaging, it is never 'good enough', customer s are intolerable

Once a great company, loss of multiple upper management personnel has created a loss of culture and retention.

I worked at SEI/Aaron's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fun, financially rewarding, great place to excel with the proper GM assisting you to grow to your potential. Benefits (i.e. vacations, PTO, and healthcare).

Cons

Long hours. Regional staff usually is promoted from short term success. Career can end at any time with change of management and no action plan (even after being successful and tenured, and no evaluation).

Evaluate termination of senior/tenured employees. HR should return phone calls. Test or evaluate promoted upper managers. Stop turnover with exit interviews. Get back to Culture. Go back to being a personal business to create a successful business back with accounts and sales. Stop worrying about every store being 1000 customers. We have had a lot of success with stores being 700 to 950 with still 16% or more consistent profit.

More then just another employee

I have been working at SEI/Aaron's full-time

Pros

I have been working for SEI Aaron's for the past 9 months and I am very happy with my position and the company. SEI values their employees and lets you know your not just a number. From getting a personal call from the CEO welcoming me to the team as well as getting to work side by side with the President of the company speaks values and is something I have never experienced on another job. They truly care about their employees and making sure we are all happy and enjoy coming to work.

Cons

There have been no negatives to working with the company. I see continued growth and look to have a long prosperous career here.

long hours .

I worked at SEI/Aaron's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good work environment

Cons

they say they have a value system put not in all cases.

Believe in values all the time with all employees

General manager

I have been working at SEI/Aaron's

Pros

Pay is decent for a general manager, good benefits, ability to move up if you want to work 80 hours a week...

Cons

55 hours. Say your a part of a team, in reality your just a number. If you have a family this is not the job for you. Bonus structure is a joke!!!

extraordinary, really?

I worked at SEI/Aaron's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

get back to you on that

Cons

The person who said compensation is phenomenal is a recruiter, I guarantee it. By the time they get done deducting everything under the sun from your bonus there is nothing left, even if the store produces a profit that exceeds standard.

The 45-50 hour work week comment is a joke. as GM you will be required to schedule yourself MINIMUM 55 hours a week, and that will often turn into 60+ during peak times such as beginning of month and during promotions.

Just a good learning experience......

Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Accounts Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at SEI/Aaron's full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have fantastic benefits and retirement options. It also is a good way to get some experience on how to run your own business because the store is ranked and managers are paid off of profit and loss.

Cons

The business in general can sometimes be on the verge of unethical. Making it at times feel like your a used car salesman. It also has terrible management in place.

Be consistent!

Worked for SEI/Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!