SEI/Aaron's
www.seiaarons.com Atlanta, GA 500 to 999 Employees

SEI/Aaron's Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Charles Smithgall

More then just another employee

ProsI have been working for SEI Aaron's for the past 9 months and I am very happy with my position and the company. SEI values their employees and lets you know your not just a number. From getting a personal call from the CEO welcoming me to the team as well as getting to work side by side with the President of the company speaks values and is something I have never experienced on another job. They truly care about their employees and making sure we are all happy and enjoy coming to work.

ConsThere have been no negatives to working with the company. I see continued growth and look to have a long prosperous career here.

Not a career job

Management Trainee (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGood benefits, people are decent, opportunity for advancement if you want to move up within the company, no real experience needed

ConsVery long hours, always have to work Saturdays, constant micromanaging, it is never 'good enough', customer s are intolerable

Once a great company, loss of multiple upper management personnel has created a loss of culture and retention.

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFun, financially rewarding, great place to excel with the proper GM assisting you to grow to your potential. Benefits (i.e. vacations, PTO, and healthcare).

ConsLong hours. Regional staff usually is promoted from short term success. Career can end at any time with change of management and no action plan (even after being successful and tenured, and no evaluation).

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate termination of senior/tenured employees. HR should return phone calls. Test or evaluate promoted upper managers. Stop turnover with exit interviews. Get back to Culture. Go back to being a personal business to create a successful business back with accounts and sales. Stop worrying about every store being 1000 customers. We have had a lot of success with stores being 700 to 950 with still 16% or more consistent profit.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

long hours .

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood work environment

Consthey say they have a value system put not in all cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in values all the time with all employees

extraordinary, really?

General Manager (Former Employee)

Prosget back to you on that

ConsThe person who said compensation is phenomenal is a recruiter, I guarantee it. By the time they get done deducting everything under the sun from your bonus there is nothing left, even if the store produces a profit that exceeds standard.

The 45-50 hour work week comment is a joke. as GM you will be required to schedule yourself MINIMUM 55 hours a week, and that will often turn into 60+ during peak times such as beginning of month and during promotions.

General manager

ProsPay is decent for a general manager, good benefits, ability to move up if you want to work 80 hours a week...

Cons55 hours. Say your a part of a team, in reality your just a number. If you have a family this is not the job for you. Bonus structure is a joke!!!

Worst experience of my life!!!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was great, that's about it.

ConsThe manager nor the assistant manager done their jobs, so therefore the CSR's had to pick up the slack, then when it was time to go home if all of our task hadn't been complete we had to stay and finish. If it hadn't been for doing the manager's task we would have completed ours on time

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to look into management of the stores. The manager at the store I worked at was more worried about smoke breaks and talking on the cell phone that anything ele.

Just a good learning experience......

Customer Accounts Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThey have fantastic benefits and retirement options. It also is a good way to get some experience on how to run your own business because the store is ranked and managers are paid off of profit and loss.

ConsThe business in general can sometimes be on the verge of unethical. Making it at times feel like your a used car salesman. It also has terrible management in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent!

SEI Aaron's has good core values that they try to uphold as much as possible.

Customer Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Auburn, NY

ProsJob stability with full time hours.
    Cost of benefits decrease the longer you work for the company.
    Better than average pay for the rent to own industry.

ConsWork/Life balance is difficult in my position but I work 50 hours per week and as a Customer Account Manager the demand is harder on me than other positions.

I have dealt with uncommonly frequent management turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has great values and upper management lives them as much as possible. More effort needs to be taken to ensure behaviors at store level are acceptable.

Not for someone who has family or kids

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOff on Sunday, and paid major holiday off, benefits are good

ConsPay increase sucks!!!!, long hours, no pay increase for being promoted except when you become a store manager

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people and they will take of you, remember you are only as good as you weakest employees

Worked for SEI/Aaron's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SEI/Aaron's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SEI/Aaron's CEO Charles Smithgall. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by SEI/Aaron's employees.