SEI Investments Reviews

177 reviews filtered by

1. stepping stone

Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at SEI Investments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good place to learn about the industry, unique culture

Cons

low pay, massive turnover at entry level due to low pay, constant cycle of training new people

entry level employees are paid well below industry standard

2. Great Place to start a career and learn the different facets of the industry!

Current Employee - Internal Account Executive in Oaks, PA
    Current Employee - Internal Account Executive in Oaks, PA

I have been working at SEI Investments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great learning environment. Tons of opportunities available, but you have to seek them out and be pro active. The pro active employees get the most out of the time at SEI.

Cons

Some people feel the open environment is not conducive to productivity. It is not private and there are no offices. I have not had a problem with this set up.

More communications! Keep the employees aware of the corporate goals

3. A good company for entry level with ok pay and a flexible culture

I have been working at SEI Investments

Pros

Great culture, Flexible schedules, laid back management

Cons

Hard to define career path, Hard to get pay increases,

WASTE and NASTY ENVIRONMENT WORKPLACE

Current Employee - IT Professional in Oaks, PA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Oaks, PA

I have been working at SEI Investments full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There were no PROS about SEI.

Cons

IT PROFESSIONALS DON'T LURE INTO THIS WORST COMPANY JUST LOOKING AT COMPENSATIONS/PERKS.

NO TRAINGING GIVEN, NO KNOWLEDGE TRANSITION, NO VALUES, NOT QUITE SURE HOW AN AMERICAN LIKES TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS SOMEONE IS FATELESS TO WORK IN THIS PLACE.

Any individual who has been sentenced in court to serve the community for any specific reason can be treated as same working at this place. I MEAN IT.

Get out before you are stuck!”

Worst place to work. No morality. Every one pretends to be very nice but cunning behavior.

Work is vendor based. More politics no career oriented. People who work here sucks. Everyone is NOT A PROFESSIONAL here.

Vendors gets the employees just for billing. SEI has more money but they are just wasting on uncultured people instead they can spend money for needful.

Anyone who left anywhere to work with SEI will certainly curse after join here. They loose confidence in career and don't have any knowledge of future.
    You don't know what you are working for, no importance of specialty or any importance given to your skillset.

IT PROFESSIONALS DON'T GET TRAPPED IN THIS WORST COMPANY JUST LOOKING THERE COMPENSATIONS/PERKS. BETTER LOOK FOR SMALL SALARIES AND PEACEFUL LIFE. DON’T MAKE MISTAKE JOINING IN THIS WORST AND NASTY COMPANY.

NONSENSE MANAGEMENT DON'T KNOW EMPLOYEES THOUGHTS

Frustrated senior executive

Current Employee - Managing Director in Oaks, PA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Oaks, PA

I have been working at SEI Investments full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great deal of autonomy, low stress, reasonable quality of life

Cons

Executive leadership of the company is populated by a group of highly mediocre sycophants.

Resign. Failing that, recognize that you are part of an organization and place the needs of that organization ahead of your own petty personal agendas.

7. Great Place to Finish a Career, Bad Place to start

I have been working at SEI Investments

Pros

Great work/life balance, the campus and location are great

Cons

Poor pay seems to be a recurring theme for employees who began their career with the company

Focus on employee morale

8. Very open and laid back environment

Current Employee - Operations Analyst - IMS in Oaks, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst - IMS in Oaks, PA

I have been working at SEI Investments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a very laid back environment.

Cons

Could be too laid back.

Communication is key.

9. Great company

I have been working at SEI Investments

Pros

Stock options, on site gym

Cons

Oaks is far from city

more communication

10. Solid Company to Begin a Career

Current Employee - Trust Operations in Oaks, PA
    Current Employee - Trust Operations in Oaks, PA

I have been working at SEI Investments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Flexible Hours
    Decentralized work environment
    The art and campus are great
    Solid food options
    Nice gym.

Cons

Salaries across the board are far too low for the industry.
    Company is far too client-driven relative to the importance of the employee.

I know my Pros are listed more than my Cons, but that is to only magnify how large of issues these two are. The business plan of this company is entirely based around outsourcing and reducing costs - and understandably so.

But because of this there's less value put on the employee and rewarding their work. You will continue to lose highly skilled and intelligent employees due to not coming even close to a competitive salary.

DO NOT waste your time. WORST and UNCOMFORTABLE WORKING ENVIRONMENT I've ever been a part of. Horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Accounting Analyst in Oaks, PA
    Former Employee - Accounting Analyst in Oaks, PA

I worked at SEI Investments full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There were no PROS about SEI.

Cons

-No Training until 3 months after I started. Thrown into the work on your own, and was expected to know everything within a few days.

-Supervisors look the other way when you walk by them in the hallway. No "Good mornings", "How are you doing?", "How was your weekend?", or even a "Hello." If you see one of your supervisors in the parking garage, bathroom, or cafeteria, they just ignore you and keep quiet. It was the most AWKWARD ENVIRONMENT. Everyone was very ignorant and there is NO OPEN CULTURE at all. If anyone else saw an open culture, let me know.

-Hours were awful. I was told my hours were 9am-5:30pm, but I had to wait for emails later in the day that always came later than 5:30pm. The email was delayed numerous times and I ended up staying until after 6pm, even 6:30pm on a regular basis.

-Awful pay for the workload. I arrived slightly before 9am everyday and got to work right away. Constantly busy the entire day, and rarely had time to eat lunch. The department doesn't give overtime, so don't think about putting it on your time sheet.

-The Human Resources department were not helpful at all. They were never in the office to respond to new hire questions. Everytime I emailed them, I got an auto response: "On vacation..." They took at least 3 days to respond to my emails, and didn't even know the answers all the time.

-I was told by my supervisors in a meeting, "DO NOT LEAVE DURING THE FIRE DRILL". Myself, along with my other coworkers, had to stay at our desks to do work during a fire drill. The fire chiefs inspected the building and looked more confused than we were. I don't even think it's legal to tell your employees to ignore the fire drill.

- Such a high turnover rate. From the very first day, I heard nothing but "I want to leave this place so bad", "I had an interview last week for another company", "There is nothing good about this place." Every single person in my department, including some supervisors, told me they were looking to leave ASAP.

Worst place to work. Do not waste your time. Rather have worked in retail than this place.

Train your supervisors and managers to respect and create an open culture with their employees. It definitely isn't happening, and everyone is leaving the company. There's a reason why your turnover rate is the highest rate. You better change and monitor every department, because I can't see how a company can be successful when you pay to "train" new employees and they leave within 6 months. Stop focusing on artwork, and focus on the employees.

SEI Investments Photos