SELEX Systems Integration

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Warner

Great people, fast-paced environment, great pay & benefits

I have been working at SELEX Systems Integration full-time

ProsHigh paying positions, great benefits, 12 paid holidays, but the best part is the people! Location is great.

ConsSome long-term employees find change difficult. Building is old.

Best Job I ever had

I have been working at SELEX Systems Integration full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of work, great benefits, stable through all of the world economic financial upheavals

ConsWith lots of work comes lots of hours. Financial upheaval in the world economy make it difficult to predict where money comes from to perform. Lots of legacy employees who need to move on

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to do what you have been, don't worry about ex employees sour grapes on a web site. Of course you can improve your own performance, who can't? But thanks for keeping all 120 of employed minus the relative few who have had to be RIF'd. I'd say that 10 employee layoffs in 6 years is a pretty good job security situation given that the lowest performers usually go first.

Be prepared to work on your vacation time

I worked at SELEX Systems Integration

ProsIf you love working even when on vacation, always work with directions without applying your ideas then this is the place for you.

ConsNo growth opportunities, you will remain in your position until you retire or got rid of. Management will make up numbers at year end by getting rid of employees.
Employees are treated as contractors (you know what happpens to them after a project is done) with no overtime pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime for you guys to retire or fire yourselves

Beware the Positive Reviews!

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at SELEX Systems Integration full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAs a former manager, I recommend that one be very skeptical about the wonderful opportunities, and positive reviews, of Selex. Unless you are lucky enough to work for the CFO, one's prospects for a pleasant job are truly dim. The executives over operations, programs, and engineering are extremely difficult individuals who demand the impossible. And the CEO runs the marketing program -- if you like international travel to exciting places like Cambodia, Indonesai, Romania, Turkey, Pakistan, Senegal, and other remote parts of the world, for weeks at a time, then a Selex Marketing job is in your future! And the RIF's -- Selex is rife with RIF's. had one in 2010 -- laid off almost 10 in operations alone, and Engineering had to let 3-4 people go. This was closer to 10%, and not 5-10.... It was common to work 7 days a week in November & December, then force employees to take vacations in January & February. Pay was pretty good. Management knows this and will use it to your detriment. The threat of termination is always lorded over people.

ConsExtremely poor work-life balance. Managing global supply chain is very difficult for the very small spend the company has. Engineering projects seem underfunded and rushed, driving frustration into manufacturing and procurement. Company constantly struggled to allocate very limited resources to maximize operations efficiency (read between the lines here...)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real. Get real with your staff. Be honest. Be truthful. MANAGE, don't Dictate.

Happy -- to be outta there!

I worked at SELEX Systems Integration full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's a pretty nice paycheck.

Consthere is no work life balance.

Terrible Managers

I worked at SELEX Systems Integration

ProsAt first seemed like great place to work.

ConsHighly political atmosphere. Upper management only want to maintain their own positions of power and do so by damaging reputations and denigrating performance of subordinates.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire a few people in upper management.

Job Seekers Beware!

I worked at SELEX Systems Integration

ProsThe pay seems to be competitive in this gloomy economy, but they will make you work for it - be prepared to be on call 24x7.

ConsOrganization seems to be slowly fading, despite all of the program "wins" posted on their website. The workload is incredible - they load you until you fail. Be prepared to work holidays and weekends -- its mandatory.

Unbelieveable.

I worked at SELEX Systems Integration full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere is no shortage of work to be done.

ConsYou'll NEVER get all of your work done, most won't be satisfied with your work. Be prepared to work WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS.

Worked for SELEX Systems Integration? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SELEX Systems Integration reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SELEX Systems Integration CEO Mike Warner. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by SELEX Systems Integration employees.