SEMCO Energy

Add Photos

George A. Schreiber Jr.

System Administrator

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Marysville, MI

ProsLeaving Semco was the best thing that could happen for my career.

ConsUnethical, good ol boys club, backstabbing, scumbags - these are a few words that come to mind when I think of the IT management at Semco. I've had management alter my time cards, alter my expense reports, and even alter yearly reviews AFTER those documents left my hands, without my notification, and always in the favor of the company!

I was scrutinized and given poor marks in a yearly review for NOT lying to a software vendor about how we used their product - again to better the company's bottom dollar. Essentially violating their license agreements and committing piracy!

Don't expect ANY sort of work/life balance. You are expected to sacrifice everything - nothing matters but the company and it's bottom dollar!

Management would not express any concerns until review time then rake you over the coals about issues you had no idea even existed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a standard and hold yourself to it! Also try taking an ethics class.

Best place to be, if you appreciate Career Stagnation.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Marysville, MI

ProsThere are numerous "good" people elsewhere in the organization. You can hide from the real world and collect a paycheck. Management does so why not you? Great place to sit and watch the paint dry.

ConsThis is a HIGHLY Risk Adverse organization, So much so you will never use your technical skills. They frown upon innovation. They will not respect you. They will lie to your face. They will give you glowing reviews, yet treat you like the enemy. Very hostile environment. Stay away unless you enjoy working for lying deceitful scumbags. It's like the roach motel, managers check in but never check out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an Ethics class and stay awake during it. You need it..

(Former Employee)

ProsI no longer work there.

ConsDeceitful, unethical, manipulative, micromanaging dirt bag managers. Pigeon holed career paths. No regard for your personal life (children, school, etc.) Management lies to your face. Hidden agendas. They reward butt kissers over skilled and talented people. All of management are elitist .

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in the mirror and recognize what a monster you are.

Worked for SEMCO Energy? Contribute to the Community!