SEO Inc.

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
3.5

Garry Grant

Great collaborative work environment!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SEO Inc. has an amazing team of employees, most of them with 10 + years of experience in online marketing, eager to go the extra mile for their clients. I love the brainstorming meetings because everyone contributes and develops brilliant online marketing strategies.

I enjoy the relationship that we have with our clients. SEO Inc. is their online marketing partner and they come to realize the value in the tailored tactics we offer and implement for them.

SEO Inc. is flexible with employee’s use of vacation time and is sympathetic to employee’s needs. Furthermore, management encourages and provides opportunities for employees to learn and grow.

Cons

I would say the parking is inconvenient.

I think the company should open the internship program again.

18 years in the business and still going...

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- I've been here over 10 years and still learn new things every day from our team which is always researching the newest SEO / PPC / Social Media trends.
    - Laid back and great team work environment which knows how to deliver results to clients.
    - Constantly evolving working environment which keeps work and office interesting.
    - Management compensates employees for successful clients.

Cons

- Competitors and recruiters who are constantly trying to lure our employees away.
    - Google who always keeps us on our toes

Continue to keep your clients and employees happy by listening to their suggestions.

A Shining Example of a Marketing Agency - Politics Frowned Upon, Incompetents Filtered Out.

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A company of savvy, knowledgeable industry veterans. As with any agency job, this company requires committed dedication and attention to detail. Agency jobs are tough for all departments - IT needs to know multiple platforms , Account Management must juggle multiple clients, business development must be on top of the game and of course, all department must keep absolutely current with SEO updates as well. And they all do. At this point, the core group is a strong group of well rounded internet industry professionals.

Another "pro" is the small business feel of this company. It makes for a fun, casual atmosphere - a welcome aspect in a fast paced job.

Cons

Not necessarily a 'con', but more of a casualty of such a fast paced company is that not everyone who comes on board can make it past a few months. Within a few weeks, it's easy to identify those that will not make it in this fast paced environment. They are given the chance to succeed, given training and several chances. We hire people we see with potential, and it's painful to see those that can't keep up have to leave. This company is made up of industry veterans with a lot of knowledge to share, sometimes it's just not enough. It takes a tough, dedicated person to learn how to manage and succeed at these jobs. You have to love the work or you will hate your life and possibly even take it out on your coworkers.

Have a company wide newsletter of the top 5 items industry news items each month. We read so much on our own, that it would be nice to share the top updates that we need to know as a whole.

And company lunches and bagel Fridays don't hurt either!

A company with nearly 20 years experience, combined with nearly 100 years total SEO experience from within management.

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A company that has the most overall experience in the field of Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimization. The amount of talent and SEO direction within the company is why SEO Inc., is making such a huge come back. A lot of veterans within the SEO industry work here, and they are constantly pushing modern SEO practices. SEO Inc., makes working in a very difficult industry-look easy. The cooperation within the company is outstanding, there aren't "one man" teams at SEO Inc. Everyone is out for the clients best interests, while using the best SEO Foundational practices out there.

Cons

The challenges of working here come with working within the SEO Industry. It can be highly stressful from demanding clients, some implementations may not work for every industry and client-but there is always someone to help with strategy or direction for a specific client or specific implementation.

Keep pushing out things that everyone can enjoy-delivery lunches, snacks, water etc.

Coffee, it's important ...

I have been working at SEO Inc.

Pros

Friendly working environment, the owners are generous to a fault, in a good way. Great set of clients. Strong IT team. Gym on site.

Cons

The coffee sometimes needs help. We could use some healthy snacks.

This company has launched many careers. Overall they have given a chance to many people starting out in online marketing/digital marketing careers, and sometimes this has backfired because many of these employees have been given a false sense of easy success – in different companies there is no way they would make the pay them make here, or advance as quickly… then they get greedy and want bigger salaries and titles in short periods of time, and throw tizzy fits when they don’t get it, then they quit or get fired and leave pretty horrible reviews on glassdoor.

The company has a strong, solid methodology behind their SEO strategies, and the clients reap the benefits. The company has been around 17 years, and is not going anywhere. There is a strong client list, great IT team and dedicated, capable and caring account managers. This is really a solid company, and I’m having a great time here –I love the work and the people. I’ve worked at huge, massive companies where employees had to deal with strict HR red tape to take half a day off. I would much rather work for a company that treats it’s employees with personal respect and understanding – and that’s what I have here at SEO.

Great Company with Proven Track Record

Current Employee - Business Development in Encinitas, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Encinitas, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company with a proven track record of clients and methodology. Good team and management with many on the team for 10+ years!!! SEO Inc. started in the business before many of the first major search engines came online and before nearly anybody in the SEO business. Good company culture and many years of experience with SMB and Enterprise clients across multiple verticals.

Cons

Could use more healthy snacks.
    Working hours could be more flexible but the company is growing so there are good advancement opportunities

Awesome Company with Great Results for Clients. Plus Now the Slanderous Riff Raff is Out

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, team of impressive SEO specialists with proven SEO methodology. Many of us have been here 5+ years. Some of us are going on 10+. Plus we have many clients that have been with us for several years, and counting. We are an extension of their web development and online marketing teams, and we feel truly vested in the success of each of our clients.

Cons

We had our share of immature, petty, incompetent employees. Thank goodness they are gone. We have brought in people who talk a great talk, but when we find out how incredibly incapable, incompetent, lazy and a detriment to the company they are, we have to let them go. Many of these fired folks have in turn written false, very negative and slanderous reviews on this site.

Conduct background checks on incoming employees. We don't need anymore con artists and schmucks who feel entitled to more than they are worth.

Poor excuse for a company

I worked at SEO Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's located in the best county in the world, san diego. That's about where it ends though overall this company is a disgrace to San Diego soil.

Cons

Where do I even begin? we could start with fact that this company is a complete SCAM. The company (if you can call it that, I much prefer fraudulent den of vipers) is constantly lying to its clients and not fulfilling the terms of its contract this is partially because they don't pay their bills causing delays/ non delivery of services paid for by the clients. fun fact the reason that these services are not delivered is because the CEO takes the money and uses it to pay his bills and fulfill his nasty cigar habit

Next, let's talk about the owners.The "CEO" is no more than an incompetent, loud, con man. He often spends his "busy" days out front of the office shooting the breeze and smoking cigars with his over paid son. It is a well known fact the owners are skimming money from the company, I mean how else does the CEO's son afford a nearly $100k brand new mercedes, while collectors are constantly calling the company.

Finally we will discuss how SEO inc. treats its employees. The overall morale at SEO inc. could be described as deplorable at best. Employees are only there to get a pay check and are lucky if they get that. Fun fact #2, every pay day there is a mad dash to the local bank where employees rush to cash their check for fear that it might not clear.
     SEO inc. has some truly talented employees that are hidden away in this sinking ship of a company.

Call it a day SEO inc.

Close up shop and turn yourself in to the IRS.

SEO Incs' Back

Current Employee - Brand Specialist
    Current Employee - Brand Specialist

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Friendly Environment - A lot more Management/Employee outings and social events.
    -Open and Collaborative, there are talented and very knowledgeable people here with over 60+years combined SEO/Internet marketing experience.
    -Challenging and Great to learn. The work at times can be intense, but knowing you have other teammates to help is great. Again this point somewhat inherits the collaborative comment that people are available and ready to help when problems arise.
    Desire to be the Best- Though this may seem obvious, but everyone at SEO Inc desires to be the best Internet Marketing Agency experts around.

Cons

Miscommunication-Maybe one of the biggest problem here at SEO Inc, though it is very collaborative-it can be hectic, we do not lay on management for direction on every call-we are given the opportunity here to be our own industry leaders and leaders in our roles, so it may become overwhelming and sometimes so many people are working on such assortment of projects that some become unaware of who is doing what.

Let the Team know how much they really matter, though our CEO does his best at running the company and not boosting our egos 24/7-it still should have some attention it is still an essential part of being one of the most successful business' for you industry/space.

A good learning experience and a place to grow your knowledge.

Former Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at SEO Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Good training guides and attention to detail by employees here.
    - Great attitude of workers in the office all there for the good of the company, for the most part.
    - Micromanagement is at a minimum.
    - Flexible schedule and understanding from management when time needs to be taken off.
    - Ping pong and foosball tables make for a nice relaxation method between meetings and long durations at your desk.

Cons

- Compensation could be better
    - Lack of a clearly defined roles for some employees allows for work to slip between the cracks.
    - Communication between departments could be better.
    - Could use a vending machine and some more little perks like that.

- Invest what you can in the employees. Small changes = big morale improvements.