SEO Inc. Reviews

Garry Grant

Hard Work = Happy Clients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top tier agency – Up-to-date SEO knowledge and know how. I have seen the company revise the SEO strategy for each client based on the latest Google updates – they put in extra time each campaign to ensure the client is on par with the latest updates. I feel 100% confident in recommending the company’s services to friends and family. The company has many happy clients – happy, repeat clients.

Cons

For every 20 happy employees, there’s that one unhappy one causing drama upon exit by leaving crazy false reviews on Glassdoor lol.

Advice to Management

Learn to read minds? Unless you can read minds, it is going to be hard to know which new hires are going to be duds… otherwise, keep up the great work – you have a strong crew of smart, dedicated and happy employees!

Best Job Ever

Current Employee - Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After 10 years in the online marketing industry, I can wholeheartedly say this is the best company I've worked for. Smart people, smart management, smart business programs, close-knit group.

Cons

None. The roster of clients continues to grow, the new hires are smart, and the veterans are super knowledgeable.

Advice to Management

As evidence by some of the more colorful reviews here on glassdoor, only advice is to be very careful on new hires and make sure they say who they say they are... the ones leaving silly reviews years after getting fired are obviously unstable and cant let it go.

Provides a Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Account Manager in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees that are here, love it here. I am grateful to have a job that I love. The people are what makes it so special. I feel we have a team of very smart, dynamic and dedicated folks that depend on this company for their livelihood. It’s sad to see ex employees go postal and try so hard to tear the company down – a place that provides so much to so many – employees AND clients. They treat the employees who know their stuff and who *ACTUALLY WORK* very well. The company had to fire a few slackers, and these are the ones using glassdoor as a revenge site.

Cons

No tolerance for sub par work. Slackers get canned. Those thinking they can get an easy job will be disappointed if they weasel their way into this company. They employ many great people, provide top tier service, and is a great example of a progressive company.

Advice to Management

Background checks on new hires, keep up the great work!!!

Spammy Tactics, No Skills, Lackluster CEO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at SEO Inc.

Pros

As other employees stated, you can basically do anything here. Most of the days are spent sitting around listening to the "glory" days of the CEO as a "professional" racecar driver, or his "Van Halen like" garage band days.

They also provide a free shuttle to the office from the Target down the street.

Cons

The pay here is way below industry average, while offering zero growth opportunities.
    The management didnt pay rent, so we were evicted from our office and now work out of the CEOs house.
    We have no resources to provide our clients with actual strategy or improvement in their business. In fact, alot of the tactics are very sketchy and have lead to more harm then good for the clients.
    The CEO has ZERO digital marketing knoweldge relevant past 2001. He can consistently be found in his "office" playing Call of Duty instead of finding ways to turn the company around.

Advice to Management

Close the doors.

Do Not Use or Trust SEO Inc.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Encinitas, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Encinitas, CA

I worked at SEO Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can get away with pretty much anything you want by working here. Management is so aloof, that even if you have no skills whatsoever, you can skate by.

Cons

The company is using outdated SEO tactics that were successful when the current CEO started the company in the 90s. I guess not much has changed since the 90s.... Except the entire SEO game.

Message to employees: Bail. Or don't even apply. Not sure anyone leaves this place and still has SEO Inc on their resume. Kind of a long-running joke in the digital world. Avoid at all costs. Unless you're cool with sub-par pay and terrible working conditions (you'll be working out of the CEO's house. Yeah.)

Message to clients: Just see above. Old SEO tactics that aren't relevant in today's digital world. Don't waste your time or money.

Advice to Management

Stop leaving yourself positive Glassdoor reviews. It's too obvious. Also, understand the fact that people just don't like how you do business. Get used to it.

Don't be fooled...

I worked at SEO Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is located in San Diego.

Cons

CEO is a con. An ex-musician who stumbled upon SEO when it become popular (give him credit there), was a pioneer in black-hat techniques, pockets as much money as possible while putting nothing into company. SEO, Inc. is a running joke in the San Diego digital marketing community. Honestly, ask anybody who has been in the area for awhile.

Notice all the "5-Star" ratings are from current employees who haven't learned the truth about company or management. Beware - it's not a good company to have on resume.

Advice to Management

Go back to music.

18 years in the business and still going...

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- I've been here over 10 years and still learn new things every day from our team which is always researching the newest SEO / PPC / Social Media trends.
    - Laid back and great team work environment which knows how to deliver results to clients.
    - Constantly evolving working environment which keeps work and office interesting.
    - Management compensates employees for successful clients.

Cons

- Competitors and recruiters who are constantly trying to lure our employees away.
    - Google who always keeps us on our toes

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your clients and employees happy by listening to their suggestions.

Great collaborative work environment!

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SEO Inc. has an amazing team of employees, most of them with 10 + years of experience in online marketing, eager to go the extra mile for their clients. I love the brainstorming meetings because everyone contributes and develops brilliant online marketing strategies.

I enjoy the relationship that we have with our clients. SEO Inc. is their online marketing partner and they come to realize the value in the tailored tactics we offer and implement for them.

SEO Inc. is flexible with employee’s use of vacation time and is sympathetic to employee’s needs. Furthermore, management encourages and provides opportunities for employees to learn and grow.

Cons

I would say the parking is inconvenient.

Advice to Management

I think the company should open the internship program again.

A company with nearly 20 years experience, combined with nearly 100 years total SEO experience from within management.

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A company that has the most overall experience in the field of Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimization. The amount of talent and SEO direction within the company is why SEO Inc., is making such a huge come back. A lot of veterans within the SEO industry work here, and they are constantly pushing modern SEO practices. SEO Inc., makes working in a very difficult industry-look easy. The cooperation within the company is outstanding, there aren't "one man" teams at SEO Inc. Everyone is out for the clients best interests, while using the best SEO Foundational practices out there.

Cons

The challenges of working here come with working within the SEO Industry. It can be highly stressful from demanding clients, some implementations may not work for every industry and client-but there is always someone to help with strategy or direction for a specific client or specific implementation.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing out things that everyone can enjoy-delivery lunches, snacks, water etc.

A Shining Example of a Marketing Agency - Politics Frowned Upon, Incompetents Filtered Out.

I have been working at SEO Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company of savvy, knowledgeable industry veterans. As with any agency job, this company requires committed dedication and attention to detail. Agency jobs are tough for all departments - IT needs to know multiple platforms , Account Management must juggle multiple clients, business development must be on top of the game and of course, all department must keep absolutely current with SEO updates as well. And they all do. At this point, the core group is a strong group of well rounded internet industry professionals.

Another "pro" is the small business feel of this company. It makes for a fun, casual atmosphere - a welcome aspect in a fast paced job.

Cons

Not necessarily a 'con', but more of a casualty of such a fast paced company is that not everyone who comes on board can make it past a few months. Within a few weeks, it's easy to identify those that will not make it in this fast paced environment. They are given the chance to succeed, given training and several chances. We hire people we see with potential, and it's painful to see those that can't keep up have to leave. This company is made up of industry veterans with a lot of knowledge to share, sometimes it's just not enough. It takes a tough, dedicated person to learn how to manage and succeed at these jobs. You have to love the work or you will hate your life and possibly even take it out on your coworkers.

Advice to Management

Have a company wide newsletter of the top 5 items industry news items each month. We read so much on our own, that it would be nice to share the top updates that we need to know as a whole.

And company lunches and bagel Fridays don't hurt either!

RSS Feed </> Embed