SER Jobs for Progress

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nory Angel

I loved working there. Challenging work environment and fast paced at times.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was trianed very well in my last possition. I had a good work environment, they offered training oppertunities for policies and proceedures for the programs available. I worked for and with good people.

ConsI would hear alot of people complain about employee retention and the fact that they would move people around very often.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to notice and acknowledge the employees that give their all at their jobs. Try to keep the people who work their hardest and best for the good of the company.

As an Anglo male, I experienced extreme discrimination. Hispanic females are preferred.

Career Development Specialist (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI enjoyed the relationship I had with co-workers.

ConsManagement is clueless. They treat their subordinates as subhumans. You are not allowed to take more than three days off in a row. Management will cancel scheduled leave at the last moment. There is no communication from the workers to management. You are not allowed to ask a question during training sessions. Training consists of a person reading slides to the audience or the audience reading the text of a policy to each other. Very child like.

They are cheap, unconsiderate anb there are zero chances of professional advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsIt is a semi amicable environment to work in, besides that I can't think of more pros.

ConsThere's a lot of cultural preference
    There are no chances of professional advancement
    Company's president is reactive because he wants to save a penny in everything
    They expect work but withhold information that could be beneficial to you
    They think that by taking a penny from you they are going to become rich
    They expect you to work at the same rate forever
    High turn-over
    All equipment is old and dated

Advice to Senior ManagementThe president of the company is not the all-mighty know-it-all and should learn to delegate not only in words but in actions because those of us who are pro-active prefer to do things to prevent catastrophes not wait to solve them. Autonomy is something that is needed on order to manage people and should consider reviewing their job descriptions so that the turn-over lowers. Money is a big factor and just because the majority of office personnel make good money and are ok (submissive) to not receiving pay raises it doesn't mean the other employees are ok with it as well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great co-workers, lousy management, office politics ridiculous

QA Specialist (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsTravel, pay, benefits, people working with and type of work being done is good.

ConsManagements' secrecy, favoritism, unfair practices, gossip, terrible office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new upper management who can support the hard working staff rather than rewarding their friends. Be present. Lead by example.

Good for entry level case managers

Case Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgood non profit
    Excellent in the community

ConsVery little training
    Too many changes

Advice to Senior Managementmore training

Hard Work; Great Rewards

Career Development Specialist (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsI enjoy helping people that are in need of a better life.

ConsThere is so many people that need assistance and we don't have the money or the employees to provide the assistance that is desperately needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us the resources we need to provide the services that are needed by the population that we serve.

Sincere interest in the customer

ProsCaring staff interested in helping clients find employment

ConsLimited funding available for services

Worked for SER Jobs for Progress? Contribute to the Community!