SGN Nutrition

Add Photos

Anthony Misner

current promoter in Lancaster, CA

Lancaster, CA

ProsA terrific company with a wonderful product that supplies great support and training as well. Not for the meek or timid though. However, if you're out going and high energy you can make some sweet money. I'm averaging about $25/hr.

ConsNone as yet for me, though I suppose an extra day or two a week might be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Sales promoter

Sales Promoter (Current Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsGreat hours, especially for college students. Great pay hourly and the commission adds up quick. They are very flexible with your schedule, they ask for you to give advance so they do not pay for your spot where the table sets up. They understand that people have things come up. There products are great and very easy to sell, they design it for a wide variety of people.

ConsI really have no cons so far. I guess if I had to pick one, it is simply that you have to store a lot of stuff in your house. It is not really an issue, that is the only thing so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, and you guys are great about contacting us.

Direct Sales

Promoter (Current Employee)

ProsThe compensation structure provides great opportunities to be awarded for doing well in sales. The scheduling is very flexible and allows promoters to find substitutes under certain condittions.

ConsSince the performance of a promoter depends on sales, some work days can be very slow, which in turn lead to low sales numbers. The inconsistency of the sales market is the biggest drawback in some stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership is doing great as each manager is working hard and trying to maintain a good stream of communication between them and the promoters.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for extra cash, but not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-The best part about this job was the level of independence it gives you, I only ever saw the man who interviewed me, otherwise i never met a single co-worker. Being self reliant and having 0 micro managing was great.

-It was easy to get new supplies and phone interaction with other coworkers was always pleasant

Cons-training was frustrating, they do 2 conference calls when they hire people with 0 sales experience and expect them to be super stars right out of the gate.

-It was hard to upsell certain days, the company had Spanish on their signs in addition to English, but in the area I was it was pretty much useless. They had no plans to add Asian languages or Eastern European, which would have aided in sales significantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more demographic research on each store you send a seller to

Educate customers on the product , benefits. enjoyable and exciting

Sales/Promoter (Former Employee)
    El Paso, TX

Prosgood company , good pay , and easy job

ConsDIDN'T TELL ME THAT SALES WERE A DEMAND TRIED MY BEST

Advice to Senior ManagementBETTER TRAINING

Ok Part-time job.

Brand Ambassador/Sales (Current Employee)

ProsLots of training available.
    Paid in a timely manner.
    Hourly plus commission.

ConsProduct is a hard sell to consumers for various reasons.
    Hourly could be more.

It's helped me getting confidence

Huntsville, AL

ProsThe product I'm promoting is good for the health of the whole family

ConsNo good pay compared to other jobs similar to this one

Sampling ECO-drink, a vitamin and mineral punch.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou could make money but it's difficult. You have to ring 20 boxes before you get paid. It takes about 8 hours of hard selling to get to 20. Then you work overtime to get your check. If you work a 12 hour day you can make really good money.

ConsLong hours, with no breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow Employment laws.

They cancel your next shift if you dont hit your sales goal...

Demo (Former Employee)

ProsThe Vitamin drink actually doesn't taste that bad. There is a commission structure after you hit your target of 20 boxes, but it isn't very much--2$ a box after 20. They will supply you with free samples of the product for personal use. THey do pay you for the minimal training they give you. (less than 2 hours)

ConsThe product is hard to sell,and expensive.I am doubtful that it is as effective as the company says it is bc its claims have not been substantiated by the FDA. This company doesn't give very good training, everything is done over the web. You need to have a smartphone to email pics of your table set up to your manager. They make you purchase a table for 40 dollars out of your first paycheck... they say they will reimburse you in a week. Craziness right? I didn't get a job bc I had extra money to throw away...sheesh.

Advice to Senior ManagementSMALLER TERRITORIES, more face to face training and manager visits. Do away with that 40 table that you make demoers buy. Just pay for it yourself! and ship it to their store or home.

Lack of Communication and Management does not care.

Sales Promoter (Current Employee)
    Albuquerque, NM

ProsHours are flexible, but that's about it. Product is overpriced even at warehouse pricing.

ConsShowed for work only to discover by a customer that the product was being offered at a lower rate online with a manufacturer's rebate coupon and free shipping for less than I could offer in store. When inquiring, I received no feed back from either my team or team leader. Nothing like cutting the throat of sales promoters who are paid hourly + commission + bonuses based on boxes sold during shift. There is no integrity and management does not care about their salespeople. No integrity!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and care for the sales team at storefronts.

Worked for SGN Nutrition? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SGN Nutrition reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SGN Nutrition CEO Anthony Misner. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by SGN Nutrition employees.