SGN Nutrition Reviews

1. good job for part time

Former Employee - Promoter4 in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Promoter4 in San Diego, CA

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

will you stand on your feet all day so that's hard but after you get into the groove of selling or promoting to drink a kind of cells by itself. it's hard to get the car you have to sell

Cons

just having to stop people in and get their attention and you have to be on all day you can't let people just walk by its at Costco orgood Sams

Advice to Management

on days other than Saturday you need to drop down the quota to like 15 before you getyour bonus

2. Boring Job-Product Hard to Sell -Low Hourly Pay-Commission only after High Quota

Former Employee - Demonstrator in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Demonstrator in Cleveland, OH

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company paid like clockwork. Provided good training & marketing materials. Good if you only want to work P/T & independently

Cons

Product was hard to sell due to artificial sweeteners, high price & other artificial ingredients. Working at COSTCO was horrible. They have no respect for demo workers. Low hourly pay. You only make commissions after selling 20+ boxes of product, which was difficult to do. Very boring job.

3. Vitamin Sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to make commission. Interact with people.

Cons

Product is hard to sell. Stand on feet all day!

Advice to Management

N?A

5. Promoter

Former Employee - Promoter in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Promoter in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good job if you like talking to people and promoting a healthy drink. Amazing some people with junk food in their carts, but refuse a healthy sample. Hours are good I do feel the 8 hour shifts standing on cement is tiring. They would be just as effective as the others demonstrators in the clubs who are scheduled only 6 hrs.

Cons

Starting pay at 10.00 is low especially if you have to travel any distance because your not paid milage. After first 20 boxes it's 4.00 additional monies for each box sold over the 20 limit. On a Thursday or Friday can be slow and almost impossible. I've heard from other promoters they'll work 10 to 12 hours just to make extra to me this is ridiculous hours. Of course, you're not required to do that, but force many who depend on this pay.

Advice to Management

Train your people better especially going into Sam's Clubs or Costco asking promoters to come through receiving departments, which these clubs say is fine, but associates really don't want to deal with us. Also, the food certification is a joke because we aren't able to use the facilities of Costco or Sams to wash, rinse and sanitize as required. They depend on the people working for SGN to have good hygiene.

The product works.

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Carson City, NV
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Carson City, NV

Pros

I can actually sell something decent to people and not feel like I'm going to land them in a nursing home because of side effects because for most people there aren't any. The product works wonderfully even though statements haven't been approved by on the fda, that's because its up to the doctor to let you know. Their job is to give the information.

Cons

The only thing I've found is that sometimes it can be hard to hit your bonus mark after 20 boxes if you're not at a high traffic store. But the pay is good and my boss has always been flexible with the scheduling I need to allow me to get my kids to and from school.

Advice to Management

Don't always expect people to sell big and provide more information about the ingredients so we can knowledgeably inform the customers. Most of that I had to do on my own.

THIS JOB IS A JOKE

Former Employee - Demo in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Demo in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE AT ALL EXCEPT THE 2 hr paid at home training. Learned how to lie to people to get sales

Cons

Fired by email. AND THE PRODUCT SUCKS NASTY AND LIARS . Says no sugar in it but believe me it is. Says its all natural thats a lie. It is both natural and artifical

Advice to Management

Stop wasting time by putting people on to demo then taking them off schedule. Full of crap. Glad that i didn;t depend on this job for my spare income

8. Bad Experience

Current Employee - Promoter
    Current Employee - Promoter

Pros

There were not any pros

Cons

Not enough hours. Lack of everything. Not a good job

9. This company lies about the hype

Pros

Flexible Hours, awesome product, good environment

Cons

Company HQ is a joke, pay and commission is terrible unless you live and work in a major city, none of the managers truly do their job or help, and scheduling is a mess.

Advice to Management

Quit and do everyone else a favor.

10. decent pay if you like to talk to people

Former Employee - Promoter in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Promoter in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

its commision sales so it can be pretty good money if you are willing to work at it. i know a few promoters in our area make good money but i think it depends on the location too

Cons

training is lacking and you have to learn as you go and you really don't know where you stand compared to others in the company. confrence calls once in a while are helpful but not enough.

11. Sales rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hackensack, NJ

Pros

There is no one that looks over you, you're independent, pay is okay for college student.

Cons

Hard to sell their product and lack of management within their company.

Advice to Management

Stop firing and hiring

RSS Feed </> Embed