SGN Nutrition

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anthony Misner

Seems Like An Easy Sell, But It Isn't

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time for less than a year

ProsEasy to get hired. Easy training. You work independent of any oversight. You get to work in Costco with some cool people.

ConsPoor training. Company does not have a consistent message and changes management constantly. Product has been in Costco for a while and most of the customers in the store have already tried it and have already made a decision to buy it. There's very little you can do to change their mind. Also, this company had 6 reps at the store before me, and some of them did a lot to damage how customers view the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementRehire Richard Ennis. After you fired him, the company went downhill quick. I always felt like he cared about me, but the new Regional has a lot to learn about how to motivate people and is a jerk. Also, stop telling your employees one thing and then do another. You guys need to make your minds up.

Totally disfunctional company..........

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SGN Nutrition for less than a year

ProsThere are no pros to report................

ConsUse and abuse people, until they quit

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep chasing profit, forget about the people...........

Great for extra cash, but not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SGN Nutrition

Pros-The best part about this job was the level of independence it gives you, I only ever saw the man who interviewed me, otherwise i never met a single co-worker. Being self reliant and having 0 micro managing was great.

-It was easy to get new supplies and phone interaction with other coworkers was always pleasant

Cons-training was frustrating, they do 2 conference calls when they hire people with 0 sales experience and expect them to be super stars right out of the gate.

-It was hard to upsell certain days, the company had Spanish on their signs in addition to English, but in the area I was it was pretty much useless. They had no plans to add Asian languages or Eastern European, which would have aided in sales significantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more demographic research on each store you send a seller to

Sampling ECO-drink, a vitamin and mineral punch.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time for less than a year

ProsYou could make money but it's difficult. You have to ring 20 boxes before you get paid. It takes about 8 hours of hard selling to get to 20. Then you work overtime to get your check. If you work a 12 hour day you can make really good money.

ConsLong hours, with no breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow Employment laws.

Educate customers on the product , benefits. enjoyable and exciting

SALES/PROMOTER (Former Employee)
El Paso, TX

Prosgood company , good pay , and easy job

ConsDIDN'T TELL ME THAT SALES WERE A DEMAND TRIED MY BEST

Advice to Senior ManagementBETTER TRAINING

They cancel your next shift if you dont hit your sales goal...

Demo (Former Employee)

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time for less than a year

ProsThe Vitamin drink actually doesn't taste that bad. There is a commission structure after you hit your target of 20 boxes, but it isn't very much--2$ a box after 20. They will supply you with free samples of the product for personal use. THey do pay you for the minimal training they give you. (less than 2 hours)

ConsThe product is hard to sell,and expensive.I am doubtful that it is as effective as the company says it is bc its claims have not been substantiated by the FDA. This company doesn't give very good training, everything is done over the web. You need to have a smartphone to email pics of your table set up to your manager. They make you purchase a table for 40 dollars out of your first paycheck... they say they will reimburse you in a week. Craziness right? I didn't get a job bc I had extra money to throw away...sheesh.

Advice to Senior ManagementSMALLER TERRITORIES, more face to face training and manager visits. Do away with that 40 table that you make demoers buy. Just pay for it yourself! and ship it to their store or home.

current promoter in Lancaster, CA

Promoter (Current Employee)
Lancaster, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time for less than a year

ProsA terrific company with a wonderful product that supplies great support and training as well. Not for the meek or timid though. However, if you're out going and high energy you can make some sweet money. I'm averaging about $25/hr.

ConsNone as yet for me, though I suppose an extra day or two a week might be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Lack of Communication and Management does not care.

Sales Promoter (Current Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time for less than a year

ProsHours are flexible, but that's about it. Product is overpriced even at warehouse pricing.

ConsShowed for work only to discover by a customer that the product was being offered at a lower rate online with a manufacturer's rebate coupon and free shipping for less than I could offer in store. When inquiring, I received no feed back from either my team or team leader. Nothing like cutting the throat of sales promoters who are paid hourly + commission + bonuses based on boxes sold during shift. There is no integrity and management does not care about their salespeople. No integrity!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and care for the sales team at storefronts.

A company that is experiencing growing pains..............

Club Demonstrator (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time for more than a year

ProsQuality Product, thats about it............

ConsHigh Turnover, no two way communication, bad price points for regional areas, no training, micromanagement, treated like a dummy..................I would not recommend working for this company!
No benefits, bonus program is too high to reach, so $9.50 hr is the best you will see.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsource your retail marketing to a company that specializes....................

Ok Part-time job.

Brand Ambassador/Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time

ProsLots of training available.
Paid in a timely manner.
Hourly plus commission.

ConsProduct is a hard sell to consumers for various reasons.
Hourly could be more.

Worked for SGN Nutrition? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SGN Nutrition reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SGN Nutrition CEO Anthony Misner. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by SGN Nutrition employees.