SGN Nutrition Reviews

Updated February 25, 2015
24 reviews filtered by

Good at first and things started changing

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to make commission based on sales. The product is nutritional in nature and is a supplement with electrolytes like Gatorade. If you are in a store that has high traffic and the customers in that area are into health and wellness you may make some good money.

Cons

Hard product to sell. When I first started It was good. I was making more than quota and getting extra commissions. I was selling in Costco and management thought that the spot that I was in was too close to the register lanes and then I was unable to sell as much because they but me in a low traffic area. Soon the policies started changing and there was more micromanaging so I decided it wasn't a good fit for me any longer

Advice to Management

Wish that the Eco Drink tasted better

2. Great for extra cash, but not a career

I worked at SGN Nutrition

Pros

-The best part about this job was the level of independence it gives you, I only ever saw the man who interviewed me, otherwise i never met a single co-worker. Being self reliant and having 0 micro managing was great.

-It was easy to get new supplies and phone interaction with other coworkers was always pleasant

Cons

-training was frustrating, they do 2 conference calls when they hire people with 0 sales experience and expect them to be super stars right out of the gate.

-It was hard to upsell certain days, the company had Spanish on their signs in addition to English, but in the area I was it was pretty much useless. They had no plans to add Asian languages or Eastern European, which would have aided in sales significantly.

Advice to Management

Do more demographic research on each store you send a seller to

Seems Like An Easy Sell, But It Isn't

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. Easy training. You work independent of any oversight. You get to work in Costco with some cool people.

Cons

Poor training. Company does not have a consistent message and changes management constantly. Product has been in Costco for a while and most of the customers in the store have already tried it and have already made a decision to buy it. There's very little you can do to change their mind. Also, this company had 6 reps at the store before me, and some of them did a lot to damage how customers view the product.

Advice to Management

Rehire Richard Ennis. After you fired him, the company went downhill quick. I always felt like he cared about me, but the new Regional has a lot to learn about how to motivate people and is a jerk. Also, stop telling your employees one thing and then do another. You guys need to make your minds up.

5. Totally disfunctional company..........

I worked at SGN Nutrition (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to report................

Cons

Use and abuse people, until they quit

Advice to Management

Keep chasing profit, forget about the people...........

6. Sampling ECO-drink, a vitamin and mineral punch.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You could make money but it's difficult. You have to ring 20 boxes before you get paid. It takes about 8 hours of hard selling to get to 20. Then you work overtime to get your check. If you work a 12 hour day you can make really good money.

Cons

Long hours, with no breaks.

Advice to Management

Follow Employment laws.

7. Educate customers on the product , benefits. enjoyable and exciting

Former Employee - Sales/Promoter in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Sales/Promoter in El Paso, TX

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (less than a year)

Pros

good company , good pay , and easy job

Cons

DIDN'T TELL ME THAT SALES WERE A DEMAND TRIED MY BEST

Advice to Management

BETTER TRAINING

8. They cancel your next shift if you dont hit your sales goal...

Former Employee - Demo
    Former Employee - Demo

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Vitamin drink actually doesn't taste that bad. There is a commission structure after you hit your target of 20 boxes, but it isn't very much--2$ a box after 20. They will supply you with free samples of the product for personal use. THey do pay you for the minimal training they give you. (less than 2 hours)

Cons

The product is hard to sell,and expensive.I am doubtful that it is as effective as the company says it is bc its claims have not been substantiated by the FDA. This company doesn't give very good training, everything is done over the web. You need to have a smartphone to email pics of your table set up to your manager. They make you purchase a table for 40 dollars out of your first paycheck... they say they will reimburse you in a week. Craziness right? I didn't get a job bc I had extra money to throw away...sheesh.

Advice to Management

SMALLER TERRITORIES, more face to face training and manager visits. Do away with that 40 table that you make demoers buy. Just pay for it yourself! and ship it to their store or home.

9. current promoter in Lancaster, CA

Current Employee - Promoter in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Promoter in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (less than a year)

Pros

A terrific company with a wonderful product that supplies great support and training as well. Not for the meek or timid though. However, if you're out going and high energy you can make some sweet money. I'm averaging about $25/hr.

Cons

None as yet for me, though I suppose an extra day or two a week might be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

10. Lack of Communication and Management does not care.

Current Employee - Sales Promoter in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Promoter in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hours are flexible, but that's about it. Product is overpriced even at warehouse pricing.

Cons

Showed for work only to discover by a customer that the product was being offered at a lower rate online with a manufacturer's rebate coupon and free shipping for less than I could offer in store. When inquiring, I received no feed back from either my team or team leader. Nothing like cutting the throat of sales promoters who are paid hourly + commission + bonuses based on boxes sold during shift. There is no integrity and management does not care about their salespeople. No integrity!

Advice to Management

Communicate and care for the sales team at storefronts.

11. A company that is experiencing growing pains..............

Current Employee - Club Demonstrator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Club Demonstrator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Quality Product, thats about it............

Cons

High Turnover, no two way communication, bad price points for regional areas, no training, micromanagement, treated like a dummy..................I would not recommend working for this company!
    No benefits, bonus program is too high to reach, so $9.50 hr is the best you will see.

Advice to Management

Outsource your retail marketing to a company that specializes....................