SHI International

SHI International Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

SHI International President and CEO Thai Lee

Thai Lee

Pros
  • It can be a laid back, flexible work place but that can also depend on your manager(in 10 reviews)

• Surrounded by lots of great people who have the flexibility to be creative and provide feedback to executive management for improvements(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Inside sales reps in Austin are offered 3 times the starting base pay of inside reps in NJ(in 8 reviews)

• Low base salaries for experienced sales reps so the financial peaks and valleys can be extreme(in 6 reviews)

Great company to gain experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsI've been here going on 3 years and it's been great. The company is growing so there are opportunities for growth within the company. Every place has some cons, but overall this is a great place to work with a great vibe.

Opportunities to learn, managers who want to help you advance, amazing culture, and (mostly) awesome co-workers

ConsLow pay, really my only issue

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees (if they are good at what they do) more to have qualified teams to support the business.

Its an Animal House

ProsGreat way to learn IT industry in all ways. You can become very dangerous learning the industry from SHI. Decent pay.

ConsThe leadership says they care...don't believe the hype. Its a shark tank, period. Stay away, lest you be eaten. Very selfish company with a "me me me" mentality. Everyone also constantly passes the buck, unwilling to help. Instead, you get a snarky condescending used car salesman atmosphere. This company has a lot of hubris (just go to a sales conference awards show to see what I mean). However, theres a sprinkling of some genuine good people there.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that just because YOU think you have a value prop that is sooooo good, doesn't mean much. In reality, customers view you as self serving jerks, rather than truly caring consultants. Simplify and hire/train more true professionals rather than some 21 yr old college kids. Your corp division is a bunch of out of control punk kids.

Need to Review Growth Plan & Management Accountability

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Young, vivacious, but professional environment

Cons-Management brought in from competitors has skewed company's growth plan & vision
    -Disparity of how management is held accountable for their actions
    -Very stiff consequences for minor offences committed by some individuals and no consequences for larger ones committed by others

Advice to Senior ManagementFor upper management specifically, review the standards to which you hold your managers on the team level (inside & field). Set precedent to what is acceptable/unacceptable behavior and hold all to the same consequences.

Also note, hiring more heads doesn't always equate to more profit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

review company

Contracts Manager (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsVery youthful colleagues, high energy, good atmosphere, great HR.

ConsNot enough work in a small start-up group, made it very difficult to go in every day and look for things to do. Now I'm back to drawing board.

Pretty cool place to work for college grads getting their feet wet in the world of IT Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to work in austin

Consnone that I can think of at this time

Little training, high expectations

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsYou get to meet and work really great and energetic people, the commission rate is decent compared to other companies

ConsManagers have little upper management training, you receive little to no training and the expectations are very high,

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your sales people when they have complaints or concerns and actually address them and not just tell them they're being looked at.

Account Exectuive

Account Executive (Current Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

ProsGreat oppurtunities for learning IT industry

ConsAs company grows and profits rise some employees are not compensated for hardwork No Recognition or appreciation from Upper management HR

Advice to Senior ManagementJust to be aware that we are people and not just numbers Fix HR constant taking away of benefits

Ehh..

ProsDress code, young workers, laid back atmosphere

ConsMicro- managed, unprofessional, long hours, little pay

Great company and vision for growth.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Pros-Great cultire and work life balance
    -Comp plan is excellent - once book of business is built six figure income
    -Surrounded by lots of great people who have the flexibility to be creative and provide feedback to executive management for improvements
    -Great place to become well versed in multiple technologies

Cons-Company politics have too much weight on opportunities for growth
    - Flavor of the month training strategy - doesnt allow for follow through of trainings to improve go to market strategy for reps; you're pushed to something new before you can get comfortable with previous product training/campaign
    -Lack of support from middle management

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers from within, and implement guidelines around account management. Feels as though you are competing against your own company at times when call center reps are prospecting the same accounts as field sales reps

Diligent effort is not rewarded

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery energetic, youthful environment.
    New office appears to take into consideration employee wellness and development.
    Company has been growing at a high rate year after year.

ConsPromotions appear to not be based on hard efforts but rather on favoritism.
    Compensation appears to be below-average; not making an effort to reduce turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent with your promises of rewarding those who work hard.

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!