SHI International

SHI International Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

SHI International President and CEO Thai Lee

Thai Lee

Pros
  • It can be a laid back, flexible work place but that can also depend on your manager(in 10 reviews)

• Surrounded by lots of great people who have the flexibility to be creative and provide feedback to executive management for improvements(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Inside sales reps in Austin are offered 3 times the starting base pay of inside reps in NJ(in 8 reviews)

• Low base salaries for experienced sales reps so the financial peaks and valleys can be extreme(in 6 reviews)

Great Company

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to make your own schedule, good pay, great benefits

Consnone at all as of now

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good place to work

Licencing Specialist (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLaid back, opportunities to grow, pay is better than other resellers

ConsMore job announcements would be a plus

Advice to Senior ManagementNotice talent and reward.

Decent Pay but i'd Stay Away

Inisde Account Executive (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Prosfun fast paced laid back work place and the majority of the people and are fun to work with on a daily basis.

Consvery long hours and if you don't kiss management butt you are just another employee and possibly wont make it very long with the company. Upper management is part of a good ole boys club that came from one of SHIs competitors. It use to be a great environment but the company has gotten a little to big for its britches. My advice is if you are looking to get a start for high pressure faced paced sales give it a shot but beware that you will just be a number or expendable if something doesn't go the way your manager wants it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the owner of the company drop the dead weight that only looks out for themselves and bring in managers who really care about employees instead of themselves.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to get started

IT Staff (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsGreat atmosphere for young professional
    Plenty of growth opportunity early in your career
    great healthcare benefits

Consbelow average compensation
    few paid holidays

Advice to Senior Managementlet your managers manage their departments

Not a place to stay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Prosyou can make alot of money here at times.

ConsI'm an Inside Account Executive and life here is....ehhhhh. Your first year quotas are not bad, but they double every year after. If your in the commercial space, you will be fighting outside account executives for accounts, and in general will not be given any great accounts to prospect. The base pay is not enough. Most people leave SHI after a year.

To sum it up....look for other options if you can. this job is not worth the stress and management will lure you in with lofty dreams of money. Everything is 50/50 here. If you are successful here, you are one of the very few.

Advice to Senior Managementeither be committed to SMB or committed to outside sales. This company is going to implode on itself if it does not come up with a clear path. The inside and outside account executives are at odds with each other right now. They are viewing each other as competition.

Former District Sales Manager

District Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLegacy Enterprise group is excellent but 2008 inception of the Commercial Division and it's "senior leadership" were light on the resume and devoid of managment skills. Confronting senior management only resulted in being labeled, "not a player".

ConsInexperience, limited vision and moving product over account managment is a short term plan

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect legacy SW folks with no outside sales experience to understand and develop an outside sales team. The reality is high turnover and demoralization.

Okay job not great unless they give you great accounts

Account Executive (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsMoney money money money money

ConsPressure of finding clients and meeting quotas

Unorganized and reluctant to change

Accounts Payable (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

Prossolid benefits and the company is growing rapidly. The pros are that the company is doing very well due to low payroll causing high turnover.

ConsNot challenging. Inability to adapt by a few hold back many. Lack of leadership, direction, and motivation. Sales is the backbone of the company, so accounting is unrecognized, unless of course there is an issue. Nowhere to grow in accounting.

Great Company, Boring Job

Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsCompany is stable and seems to be growing
    You don't need much experience to get a job
    Easy going workplace environment
    Upper management seems pretty lenient
    Great Amenities

ConsThe job is EXTREMELY boring! Make sure that if you are applying for this position you are 100% an introvert. If you like sitting at a desk all day doing basically nothing than this is for you. I've never been so bored in my life and I wouldn't consider myself an introvert or extrovert. Requires zero movement and you will stare at a screen r 8 hours straight.
    Not a great salary (30k)
    A lot of older people

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you hire people who are boring, because no one else will last.

OK Pay-

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt can offer a nice revenue if you have the right accounts and market.

ConsBecoming more micromanaging and most District Managers are under qualified to manage people.

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!