SHI International

SHI International Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

SHI International President and CEO Thai Lee

Thai Lee

Pros
  • It can be a laid back, flexible work place but that can also depend on your manager(in 10 reviews)

• Surrounded by lots of great people who have the flexibility to be creative and provide feedback to executive management for improvements(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Inside sales reps in Austin are offered 3 times the starting base pay of inside reps in NJ(in 8 reviews)

• Low base salaries for experienced sales reps so the financial peaks and valleys can be extreme(in 6 reviews)

Great Culture and opportunity for growth

Inside Account Executive (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLots of opportunity to grow your career and earn good money once you've established yourself

ConsStarting and building a book of business is really difficult

Account Executive for almost 4 years.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company who understand what it takes to win in the Reseller world. Would highly recommend SHI

ConsUnless you are living in Austin or New Jersey it is hard to move into any other positions.

Fantastic company to work for

ProsSHI cares about their employees. Also is always creating new and innovative ways to do business.

ConsSo many new changes in the past few years that it's become hard to keep track of who does what.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFast growing, many opportunities for advancement and making $, obtainable goals, part of a team, positive work environment, inspirational leaders, constant learning and growth opportunities

ConsSales can be stressful at times, systems can be slow, sometimes everything feels like it is a priority, have to be comfortable with inspection

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on positive recognition of performance.

A rocket ship

ProsGreat culture,ton of momentum, and well positioned in the marketplace

ConsDiffering cultures between SHI HQ and SHI Austin

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus in improving communication between HQ and field

Enabling individuals to grow personally and professionally means the company will do the same. A rising tide...

Marketing (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsPrivately-owned by an owner/CEO that works harder than you do, SHI plans for the long-term and not quarter-to-quarter. Ideas are welcome and new positions are constantly created to fulfill those ideas and deliver ever-improving products to our customers. This company is also: young, fun, constantly growing, a $5 billion org that considers itself an underdog.

ConsIf you need someone to tell you how to do your job every day you come to work, this place is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget what I wrote above about the underdog.

Love the culture of HQ

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsGreat company to start at out of college
    Competitive Salary to start
    Great "extras" - gym, clubs, nurse, free food for vendor trainings, dress down
    Informative training program
    Continually growing

ConsIf you stay too long in your position, it's hard to move on to something else within the company.
    Managers are quick to discipline overloaded workers
    No consistancy between departments
    Only get every other holiday off

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a management training program

Inside Account Executive

Inside Account Executive (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsYoung work environment, great perks, laid back, great long-term earning potential

ConsInside sales, 50 + cold calls a day, takes avg. 6 months to start making commission

Excellent Training and Career Preparation

Account Executive (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThey hire the right people. Lots of upward mobility within SMB.

ConsNone so far. Keep doing what you're doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up on the hiring just a tad.

Good place to work

Licencing Specialist (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLaid back, opportunities to grow, pay is better than other resellers

ConsMore job announcements would be a plus

Advice to Senior ManagementNotice talent and reward.

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!