SHI International Reviews

Reset

1. Inside Account Manager

Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent growing company. Great Benefits. I love how majority of the company is young. There is unlimited coffee there! Also vendors come in and frequently buy lunches and other types of snacks for you and it is quality food

Cons

There really is no cons to the company. Everyone is very friendly and supportive there. There is a two strike and you are out policy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep up the good work and I'm sure SHI will thrive even more.

2. Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

On your first day at SHI you will encounter supportive, like-minded and fun co-workers, some of which will become trusted friends over time. You will increase your earning potential as you build a career in a growing industry and develop an understanding of both the business and technical aspects of IT. You will pick up skills and expertise you never new existed but are vital to virtually every business, school and government agency in the world. Over time you will encounter abundant entrepreneurial opportunities available to those willing to pursue.

Cons

There are no "cons" specific to SHI that do not exist elsewhere. Like any long-term career, you will encounter sometimes difficult times but you will be empowered to find the solution.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide "old-fashioned" world-class customer service as you continue to evolve with the ever-changing IT industry. In other words: stay the course.

BDM

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International (More than 3 years)

Pros

SHI is compromised of the best, most humble, talented, fun, and passionate people. Employees are treated somewhat decently, the benefits are average. Thai sits on the floor with the team and frequently works on Saturdays.

Cons

SHI does not provide a clear career pathway. Unless you are extremely lucky you will be told "if you want to make money at SHI, your best bet is to leave the company and come back, we only offer lateral moves" For a technology company SHI could really use some updates to their infrastructure.

Advice to Management

I understand that you do not want to push back on HR or step on toes, but please for the sake of SHI's future, for the sake of actually holding onto truly talented folks, demand some re-org in HR management.

Mistreated and Questionable ethics across Corp Division

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at SHI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is good for tenured reps and management

Cons

-Senior Leadership targets employees to get rid and fires people left and right -Highest turnover in the industry. I would estimate under 2 years on average ( ask how long your manager has been working there or how many years the most tenured AE has been employed) -A lot of senior leadership uses Drugs and promotes terrible, unprofessional, and appalling behavior. -They act like they are the wolf of wall street when every other var/lar in the industry has tons of reps making 500k-1M a year -If you are a woman I would stay away from this culture -Management won't' hire anyone over 30 See how there are laws being broken. The last few year the company has gone downhill and all good people left

Advice to Management

Be careful how many bridges you burn with people. This is a small industry and your reputation with clients and previous employees is important. It's no wonder the reputation of Shi is that it is a joke and laughing stock of the industry

6. Successful monotonous for those who can hang

Pros

This company had great benefits in the office. Free coffee machine, Vendor's would come feed you etc. The IAM job once you get through training depends on your timing and placement. Training can hold a lot of people back, some of the managers don't really have a lot of people management experience outside of shi since they tend to hire inside staff from Within.... which is another good thing to work your way up.

Cons

Base Pay was ok. Commission could sometimes be unpredictable and also depended on our account, you can make 500/mo your first year on average or you can walk in over 1k/mo average. Once you are there for some time the commission increases. There is definitely some favoritism here which is rather obvious when you see the chain of brown-nosing individuals getting good results... 9 hours a day but they have a gym and you have an hour lunch. Job is OK for someone who gets complacent, but if you are a go-getter you cannot spread your wings here unless you want to play by their rules, but hey its corporate!

Advice to Management

Increase Base Pay and breakup the departmental freindships.

Inside sales enterprise

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very young company. Lots of social events like sponsored breakfasts, lunches and even happy hours. Most managers are wonderful and flexible when needed. Benefits are okay. Great gym and nurse onsite.

Cons

there is no consistency manager to manager. Senior management is clueless and out of the office constantly attending events they're not needed at. Communication between departments is a joke. Promotions are often given as rewards to those who can't hack it in their current role.

Advice to Management

You should really spend some time and reward those loyal workers who have stuck with the company - increase vacation days or offer a work from home option a few days a week. SHI isn't a bad place to work by any means, but show us were appreciated once in a while - and not by have another vendor sponsored event.

Extremely Micromanaged

Former Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at SHI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, offer many trainings, lots of after work outings, was able to learn a lot, plenty of career opportunities.

Cons

It all depends on which team you are placed on. I knew a lot of people who had awesome managers and loved the territory they covered but, unfortunately, I was not one of those people. The micromanagement was the worst I've ever experienced, I felt like I was a little child. Also, their expectations are ridiculous. You will be working 10+ hours a day and making no money for the first year and a half. This job is very political and the management favors certain people. In the beginning, all you hear about is how much money you "can" make, but it's not very realistic, especially depending on the territory you cover. This is definitely a fresh out of college job. Very high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Choose your managers wisely. Don't focus on so many things every month, just makes everything chaotic and unorganized. Less micromanagement.

"IAE

I worked at SHI International full-time

Pros

Great employees, young company as most employees are straight out of college. Occasional happy hours and great gym.

Cons

Ridiculous expectations with no real investment in their employees after initial training. You will be a number and if your numbers don't look like the numbers they expect you will be criticized, regardless of how hard you work or how many hours you put in. There are very much favorites and politics and the "culture" is pretty much non-existenent. This job will suck your soul away.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on hiring expendable employees and instead focus on investing in the employees you've already hired and their growth.

10. analyst

Pros

Good Company to work for

Cons

no cons come into my mind right now.

Relatively speaking, SHI is AWESOME!

I have been working at SHI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been here a short while, but the company culture is truly nurturing. Every time I meet a new co-worker, I learn they have been there for upwards of 10 years. They are all so very welcoming and truly want to see others succeed. In an organization this size, it is so refreshing to see a high level of professionalism and mutual respect across the board. There are no cliques. Every one greets every one. Every one holds doors for each other. People genuinely care about each other and the company.

Cons

In today's economy, many businesses are looking to do more with less. I can see how it is a delicate balance in a privately held company. Not many draw backs, but bonuses and/or slightly higher salaries would be appreciated. Still, working in a company like SHI is worth the trade off. Also, for some positions, a flex-place work policy would be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a fantastic job. Would you consider setting a bonus structure around specific, quantifiable goals? Would you also consider a flex-place policy for positions that don't necessarily need to be located in the office 5 days a week to be productive? Either way, I am not going anywhere. This company keeps growing, despite industry trends. Company culture is excellent. That is more than could be said for many places. SHI is definitely doing a lot of things right.

RSS Feed </> Embed