SHPS
www.shps.com Louisville, KY 1000 to 5000 Employees

SHPS Reviews

SHPS President and CEO Rishabh Mehrotra

Rishabh Mehrotra

Ok place to work, but I do agree that there are probably better places out there.

Clinical Staff (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsFlexibility of work day. Immediate management at least listens and tries to work with you. Positive co-workers. Plenty of educational opportunities. Telecommuting is great. Benefits are ok, good but not the best.

ConsLay-offs in the past year. No over-time despite over-time work. No merit increases-it's like upper management joined the bandwagon on this freeze when the economy took a dive, but no mention of resumption of merit increases despite new contracts being added. Negative co-workers. IT and documentation programs are long, duplicate a lot of information, freeze often and are difficulty to work through. Increase in mandatory office ( versus home) work days.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is so out of touch with it's employees, it's unreal. Immediate managers are better to work with.

Working at SHPS is "meh." You could do it and it's an ok job but there are better places out there.

Developer (Former Employee)
    Plymouth, MN

ProsThe people are cool and I had the best manager ever. People I worked with got well deserved promotions. Attitudes to remote work were also awesome.

ConsThe software and internal IT are pretty crappy. The place seems like a good place to collect mediocre workers and mediocre management. When I working on projects, it was really hard to get useful information about the reason why things were done a particular way. That made it really hard to make changes that reflected important business interests without accidentally just dropping something. The code is nicely done but it's 500% underdocumented so it's nigh impossible to understand the reasons behind many of the actions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some real oversight of how IT is managed. Silly

Shps is ok for the most part

Manager (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsSHPS is more recession proof than most companies.

ConsAccomplishments not recognized or rewarded. Some upper managers are out of touch. Should really evaluate who does what. Who actually does the work and who deligates and takes the credit. Directors should learn to recognize what their team members contribute. All of what they do and be able to defend their value to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what you team actually does first hand. Find out what is taking up their 8 hours. Learn who contributes and who is just skating by. Who actually works and who just deligates. Who actually works through the 8 hours and who just kicks off reports that run for 8 hours and only checks in from time to time and steps in when something crashes. Should get out of the promoting my friend frame of mind. i have personally witnessed individuals being brought in and promoted when they weren't qualified for the job in the first place because of the outside relationship to the executive.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ok place to work

Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee)

Prosgreat benefits. Beautiful office. Nice coworkers

Conslack of room for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Overall good company to work for

Database Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsMy direct manger and most of the mangers I work with are true professionals and they've all been in the tranches. This is generally true for the IT department.

ConsFirst that comes to my mind are the long, long hours (it is also the nature of the job, I'm working in IT)
    The other one would be the fact that from what I hear you are stuck with your salary you negotiated when you joined.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo much turnover, I and I would assume the stagnant salary is a one of the main reasons. Raise the salary of your top performers from time to time.

Stay Far Away

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsWork at home, some good people, healthcare coverage below standard, PTO time good

ConsToo many broken processes, nobody wants to fix them, terrible consulting organization, some misrepresented information to customers regarding software capabilities.
    No communication from management...
    I enjoy my team but am embarrassed by the reputation in the market. Colleagues at other companies give me a knowing look of pity when I tell them where I work.
    How can a health plan function if they cannot use the software. Work arounds???
    Our internal development team do not know how to make it function.

The benefits are the worse, pay is well below standard for the industry.

I have been here a little over 2 years and worked very hard with little rewards. Was promised a bonus plan, but aways an excuse on why it was moved to another day. Really?
    Implementations take way too long, is that due to the fact you want to get more money on implementations? Look at what the competition is doing. The direction here is not up for growth. Employees looking to leave....

Advice to Senior ManagementCannot close a deal, have you looked at who is selling?
    Management needs to clean house soon,
    Scary times at company
    Staff are looking for other jobs
    Look at an overhaul of the exec team

Its a job

ProsThe people are great to work with.

ConsThe salaries are low, and no raises have been given for more than four years.

SHPS CareWise

RN-telephone Triage (Former Employee)

ProsIf one wants to work remote, opportunity is there. Very nice middle mgmt. people.

ConsInsulting rate of pay for professional nurses. Extremely strict sick policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery inflexible re helping employee maintain a work/life balance.. Insulting pay rate. Nursing organization needs to have nurses at the helm.

No training plan, 4 K med deductible for single, $90 per month med payment for single, NO direction or vision, and

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGREAT view in Minneapolis office. QUIET, 2 floors and 330 cubes with only 90 people on both floors, if that many. Steady stream of experience leaving, (Oooops not a pro)

Cons330 cubes with only 90 people on both floors, if that many. Steady stream of experience leaving, 24 have left in last year, more than 100 years of experience. Suck it up for a year and get a real job.
    Management lacking any direction or vision, they produce letters for people who have been downsized, shitcanned or separated from their company. Many clients going to Towers Watson, don't get involved with Troy Clarity, Bad news. HR is CLUELESS< take some online assement, what do they pay you for Patty?

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the office.

Work with great people

ProsAmazing people, good technologies, good pto

Consbelow average pay and terrible benefits

Advice to Senior Managementcare more for your employees

Worked for SHPS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SHPS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SHPS CEO Rishabh Mehrotra. All 37 reviews posted anonymously by SHPS employees.