SICK USA

www.sickusa.com

SICK USA Reviews

4.4

Alberto Bertomeu

Great company and people!"

I have been working at SICK USA

Pros

Great products and great managers. Management truly cares about the success of their salespeople. Great reputation within the industry. Culture is very professional and results focused. The best benefits I have heard of.

Cons

I have heard that competitors pay is more competitive. Other than that everything I have encountered has been very positive.

Consider having higher base salaries for sales people. Competitors are know to have more competitive base salaries before commission.

Good environment, but lots of restrictions

Former Employee - Information Technology in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at SICK USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They had some good technology to work with and weren't too afraid to spend money on the right solutions. The people were mostly appreciative and you actually got praise for the accomplishments that were done instead of the usual "it's quiet so you know you're doing well"

Cons

Unable to perform quite a few key duties because of restrictions from HQ in Germany. Mid-level managers approve every unreasonable request from employees without giving much thought to it. IT Manager there is a Project Manager and does not listen to technical experts.

Germany needs to give some freedom and access to the larger subsidiaries. Local management is doing well.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SICK USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for SICK is team work, everyone helps each other out to get product finished on time. Once you have proven yourself and you have the trust of others many obtains open up to you. It can be a very fast paced and challenging work environment which I loved. Management is great; they love new ideas or different ways of tackling a problem. You will like working at this company!

Cons

As someone has already pointed out, Germany calls the shots. Though many changes have been made, almost everything (large changes, product builds, pricing etc…) needs to go by Germany. It is a tuff job, you will be required to work a lot of hours, suggest putting your foot down up front or you will be worked very hard. Pay is a little low.

You all are doing a great job, keep pushing back on AG.

Sick is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at SICK USA

Pros

Sick is a great company. They have extremely dedicated people that all want to help you succeed. I have never worked anywhere else that had so many people that were genuinely interested in doing everything possible to see that the company did well. No malcontents, no whiners - it is great. What a great place to work. I am a salesman and all they do is try to make sure we have everything we need to go out and sell. They try to make sure that the goals of the company are the goals they set for us and that we are happy. Highly recommended.

Cons

Communication scored poorly because I don't feel like we hear what they are working on at all. But I am not sure that we would at any company. I am not sure that it is really needed. But I do feel that more communication could be done. I also feel like the feedback portion is a bit light. One annual review each year and it felt like an afterthought. Not much of a career tool for me, and probably just addressing a guideline for them. Sort of a dud of an approach, but I only mention it being bad because there is nothing else to complain about...

Communicate more. And more often. The meetings were a good idea and shouldn't be left to die.

Overall good place to work.

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at SICK USA

Pros

Fair & balanced management style. Decent benefits, pay a little low compared to competitors. Good staff; most everyone is interested in doing the right thing for external and internal customers. Can be a little slow on the uptake with ideas for business growth (SICK AG German HQ calls the shots).

Cons

German HQ calls the shots.

Keep up the good work, lobby SICK AG for more autonomy in developing new products/business opportunities.