Pros – Best organization to work for
Cons – Transfer in the entire country is the problem
Advice to Senior Management – Be more aggressive on marketing aspect
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
1 person found this helpful
Pros – Holiday homes and LFC for managers is a positive in the organisation.
Cons – There are many cons:
1. The top management wants that SIDBI employees should start working hard and compete with the pvt sector banks/FIs. But, they have failed to realize that the softwares/systems used by SIDBI are very outdated. SIDBI's top management keeps on asking for unnecessary data, which wastes a lot of time.
2. SIDBI has to change a lot of things - but they are still in 1990's. TOP management doesnt bother about how difficult it is for the employees at the branches.
3. In the end, I would like to say, SIDBI should increase its pace to match up with other pvt
sector banks and do something about the outdated softwares that we are using.
4. Promotion is a big deal in this organisation. It takes 4 years to be eligible and then a long
process to get through.
5. As per the terms of employment it is a 5 day working organisation. But we are asked to work till 730 pm everyday and saturday we have to work.
Advice to Senior Management – Start doing something for the organisation. I have seen you only talk big and do nothing.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
Pros – 1) 5 day working on paper
2) Situated at only major centers in India
3) Head-office posting is quite comfortable
Cons – 1) Highly head-weight, egoistic senior people.
2) Its basically a FI not a Bank, hence you can never satisfy the customer's loan requirement.
Advice to Senior Management – There is too much focus on process rather than delivery.
Pros – Unique exposure of small and medium scale enterprise financing, good work life balance, experienced management, people know each other as its a small government organization and hence senior management is approachable. 5 day week as it is a financial institution, perks at par with RBI
Cons – Banking exposure is absent as it is not commercial bank, slow growth prospects, outdated banking processes, administration is unfriendly and inefficient (with regular amount of politics), unexpected and unwanted transfers
Advice to Senior Management – Employ better HR policies to prevent turnover