SIGMAnet

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ahmed Al Khatib

A great place to work

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsManagement is involved and accessible. A chat with the director is just a phone call away. Also I was impressed with the transparency, honesty and compassion of management since any VAR is a hard place to work at.

People are upbeat, down to earth and laid back. You can expect any Tier 3 engineer to get their hands dirty and rack and stack with the junior engineers. There is a culture of excellence and humility here.

Training opportunities are aplenty. Since VARs usually implement the latest and greatest, it's impossible not to get trained on new technologies or be exposed to them.

ConsCons are more about the VAR life than about the company itself. Expect odd hours, challenging work and travel. Work life balance is a challenge but it's expected in this line of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement team is responsive and great, and looks out for their engineers. It's what makes this company worth working for.

Never perfect, but conscious and revitalized effort to get there.

ProsOpen door policy with the COO; ability to propose a new idea and help implement it; owner rewards the hardest working with new cars (Mercedes) and nice trips.

ConsNot a lot of opportunity to travel as it's still a regional company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

If you want to learn unethical business practices towards employees and it's customers then this the place to go.

ProsThe only reason to work at Sigmanet is to experience corrupt practices and how to decieve and lie to customers.

ConsManagement and the executive team are as a whole are the cons, in all senses of the word. The executive team is extremely ineffective at retaining talent as evidenced by their very high turnover rate. From the COO to the Directors they have no sense of team nor do they want to get better. The company conducts immoral business practices by providing incentives to key decision makers to win business contracts. If you want to learn everything bad about business then by all means this company is for you. I am actively seeking another job and I am not the only one by a long shot.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a conscience and take a good long look at why we have lost good people. The average span for an employee here is less than a year before they take another job elsewhere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Top Heavy Management = Dysfunctional and Chaotic Work Place

ProsSIGMAnet has solid relationships with the top tier infrastructure vendors in the market place. The company also has extremely competent and knowledgeable practice directors.

ConsTop heavy management does not communicate the direction of the company and makes decisions by shooting first, aiming later. Goals doubled for all practices in 2014. Post-sales engineers are failing getting projects completed on time and within budget. There have been a few issues where sales reps have lost large GP $$$ because a pre-sales engineer failed to scope a project properly. Inside Sales have taken a huge hit in their compensation. The real talented people are starting to give their resignations to go elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet reasonable and attainable goals. Stop limiting your sales reps to what products they can sell and allow them to sell across all verticals. Stop favoring a select few reps and start supporting those who genuinely want to succeed. Lastly weed out those in management who are not bringing value to the company.....there are a handful who are here collecting a paycheck.

Top-heavy management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsExposure to a lot of different company environments

ConsLittle communication from upper management. Too many high-dollar managers at the expense of cost cutting by means of reducing support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut one manager, and hire 2-3 staff to do the work for the same amount.

Totalitarian, Clear divide from executive team, poor hiring decisions, lack of employee appreciation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere's free breakfast on Friday morning.

ConsUnfortunately, upper management has does not investigate the needs of employees. They see you as a number. There has been no "team building" or "employee appreciation". There is a sense of entitlement among the uppers. Poor culture and company values. Lots of disgruntled employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lead by fear. Really take the time to evaluate your employees in more ways than one.

One word.......disfunctional

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsFree breakfast, snacks, sodas.
    Learn a lot very quickly.
    The team has a good sense of camaraderie, and there is no jealousy at all.

ConsYou learn a lot very quickly, but it's not because of good training, it's by fire.
    Staffing issues throughout.
    The needs of the team fall on deaf ears.
    Lack of good communication between departments.
    Lack of direction, and leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team, they know the needs of the daily operation, not view from above, and think that everything is a "number."
    Your mantra is attract, and retain the best talent, but how can you retain when the departments are worked to the bone, and are treated poorly?

Don't you ever try to go there, you will waste your time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsSorry, no pros, a waste of time and career, you can do better in other places

ConsNon sense of direction, a lot of drama

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a lot to improve...

A growing company which has multiple offices in CA.

Account Payable Intern (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsMost of the staff members are quite friendly. No much office politics.

ConsNo benefits to entry level part-time employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company can be more efficient.

Hard to survive

ProsMost co-workers are nice
    Free breakfast on Fridays
    Manufacturer reps are helpful
    Don't have to drive to Corporate very often

ConsEmployees are beat down, they won't stand up for themselves
    Company lacks team work, everyone is out to protect their jobs
    Management is verbally abusive
    Will not provide training or establish documented guidelines
    Management makes promises to customers which are impossible to deliver on
    Scopes are poorly written, pre-sales engineers are unavailable, turn around times on paperwork is atrocious
    Technical staff is overworked and overbooked

Advice to Senior ManagementRetaining employees is important, look at the management staff and think long term...they bring the money now but at what long term cost? Sometimes making a buck will cost you two in the end.

Worked for SIGMAnet? Contribute to the Community!