SIRVA

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wes W. Lucas

Great company to work for.

Assistant Business Data Analyst (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsRelaxed atmosphere with minimal supervision.

ConsRelaxed atmosphere, communication needs to be more frequent and effective.

Awesome

ProsLaid back atmosphere, Very professional and straight forward

ConsVery busy alot of work to do all the time

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation could be better with reviews.

Great Experience, Few Growth Opportunities thereafter

International Relocation Coordinator (Current Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsThis job offers true, hands-on experience for newbies looking to enter the world of freight forwarding, logistics and corporate relocation. Your learn to liaise with international agents, foreign brokers, forwarders haulers and gain an invaluable understanding of the moving industry.

ConsThe culture is very much driven by cost reduction and not by long-term valuation of human capital. Not surprisingly, the pay is low for the work that you perform and the responsibility that you carry, once you have gained experience in the industry

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not just a job

Operations (Current Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsI love my job at SIRVA because I believe we have a ton of autonomy in doing our jobs. We are customer centric and don't force people into a box. People have a opinions and can service their internal and external customers the best way they know how while aligning with the business.

ConsBecause we are so customer centric, there is a lot of pressure to get things right and done quickly. I think this is a good thing because it is all to be able to service the customer but it definitely can be a demanding industry to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, things are really awesome here, keep momentum going. move forward not backwards.

I have been working at Sirva for over 5 years as a Claims Adjuster and I would say it's an OK company to work for

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

ProsThe majority of the people are wonderful to work with and the company likes to promote a "family" feel to the company but offereing things like Zoo Day or Komet Hockey Day and they give employees a ton of Vacation/Sick time.

ConsSalary increases are almost non-existant, carreer advancement opportunities are few and far between and the insurance is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the employees what they are worth and get better benefits.

Stressful

Loan Processor (Former Employee) Independence, OH

ProsDecent benefits. Can work from home some days. Nice building with free gym. Good pay.

ConsVery stressful mortgage dept. No breaks. Work through lunch.morale down. Jobs are on the line always. If you cannot work under stress this job is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people that are not liked by employees. Listen to employees. Control amounts of e mails. Change the stressful way of doing things.train people.

Financially sinking

Relocation Counselor (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsNot many, it was a very negative experience

ConsHorrible company morale. employees managed too many files with little support.

Great, but job security was an issue.

Relocation Associate (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsI absolutely loved the people I worked with at SIRVA. I still keep in contact with quite a few people that I worked with even after a few years after leaving the company. Good hours Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:30pm. You can adjust your schedule if needed. Great team- oriented environment.

ConsJob security was an issue. The company was going through some layoffs and employees were forced to take unpaid vacation days. Workload became extremely heavy for those that stayed due to many employees jumping ship.

International Relocation Counselor

International Relocation Counselor (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsEasy upward mobility, great PTO, flexibility to move around within the US

ConsAs you move up their has been known to be less structure and less training. More of a move at your own risk. Don't trust your manager, trust VP's. I had the unfortunate experience of trying to trust my manager and it bit me in the ass.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house, get rid of anyone that has integrity issues, emotional issues, and are not willing to actually manage their team.

Enjoyed working for SIRVa

Client Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Independence, OH

ProsManagers were very helpful, and always supportive of their employees. Hard work was recognized and respected. Hours were good, never needed to work overtime or from home.

ConsSome procedures were done because they had been done that way in the past. They were not always looking to improve the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep supporting and recognizing your employees for a job well done

Worked for SIRVA? Contribute to the Community!