SITA

SITA Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

SITA CEO Francesco Violante

Francesco Violante

Pros
  • Multi Cultural, Work/Life balance, Benefits, Vacation package, Good work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Good work environment and flexible hours (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Pockets of dysfunctional senior management that doesn't understand the business (in 7 reviews)

• Upper levels of management make decisions that place hardships on support personnel (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Senior Developer

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsA lot of new things to learn

ConsSalary is not that good

Rudderless and adrift

ProsAn abundance of online training courses. Good vacation policy. A wonderfully diverse and global staff, making it easy to make friends around the world.

ConsSenior management has little concern for staff, actively and publicly discounting staff concerns. Two day per week telecommuting was discontinued with little regard for increased staff travel costs, environmental concerns, staff stress and convenience. Results? Lower morale, lower productivity, lower management confidence, lower work/ life balance and a higher staff turnover. Senior management has made it clear the decision was final and no feedback from employees would be considered. The brain drain attributed to this asinine decision made with no feedback from HR indicates just how arrogant and uncaring Violante really is. Salaries are stagnant with annual increases of 1-2%.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your ears and listen to the people who want to bring this company back to greatness and respectability. Your customers and staff are not happy.

The is GREAT company to work for!

Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOne of the major Pros for me was the fact that I was constantly learning new forms of technology. After the training period ended, you really hit the ground running which I enjoyed.
    The pay is excellent also.

ConsMajor cons of working at this company are:
    1. The fact that you are NOT going to get promoted. I was there for a VERY, LONG TIME and was basically in the SAME, EXACT SEAT I was when I began. Absolutely NO ROOM for advancement!
    2. Racists. There are stints of racism in upper management making it hard for people of color to move up within the company.
    3. No sense of loyalty to associates. They will run you over the bus about the least little thing. No matter how long you've been with the company 1 year or 50 years, there is no loyalty for NOTHING! Period.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf this company had career, advancement opportunities, it would be an ideal place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst experience of an employer in 32 years of the IT field.

Network and Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsInteresting technology for the aviation industry.

ConsI had a local manager who harassed me trying to get me fired or to simply resign.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to lower level employees.

Don't work there

Site Administrator (Computer Software Engineer) (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPeople at lower levels are trying desperately to keep customers happy with little recognition of the effort - Management can not make decisions... do not empower or really listen to project and program managers.... more interested in cutting cost and heads than doing right thing... HR a truly "company HR" rather than employee advocate....limited promotion opportunities ... throw people "under the bus" rather than fixing real issue.... senior management

ConsManagement can not make decisions... do not empower or really listen to project and program managers.... more interested in cutting cost and heads than doing right thing... HR a truly "company HR" rather than employee advocate....limited promotion opportunities ... throw people "under the bus" rather than fixing real issue.... senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementReach out and listen to your employees. They have the actual work experience, and not the theoretical strategies and plans that you are pushing upon them. Use COMMON SENSE!

Great working experience

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Bohemia, NY

ProsOpen culture, pretty much you can download, install, test and suggest almost anything. As a developer, I found this very helpful.

ConsSalary is little bit on lower side

Advice to Senior ManagementMake consultants permanent.

Pretty good

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIndependence and flexibility if you have the right supervisor. Benefits are very good

ConsConstant change, non-existent salary increases, heavy process control, little upward mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that process actually works before pushing to the people who have to use it.

Management in Geneva willfully oblivious and disinterested in employee welfare

ProsPeople at lower levels are trying desperately to keep customers happy with little recognition of the effort.

ConsEmployee appreciation is non-exsistent. Salaries are stagnant and below market. There is no effort to encourage a work/life balance. Directors and VPs will not allow lower levels to speak out at town hall meetings. The fear of retribution is rampant. The general atmosphere is do not speak of the bad, but ensure it is all spun to sound good. DC politicians have nothing on SITA management.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprovement required from the top down. Actions speak louder than words. People are leaving at an amazing pace and taking critical knowledge and experience with them. Rome is burning while Nero fiddles. It is heartbreaking to see the low morale senior management has incurred.

Senior Management is DYSFUNCTIONAL

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood diverse company with employees from all cultures/
    The benefits (medical, dental, vision) and 401K are very good.

ConsPay is stagnant, so get a good salary when you start.
    Very little opportunity for advancement.
    Most management jobs are filled by external applicants.
    Pockets of dysfunctional senior management that doesn't understand the business.

Plenty of work to do...no management support

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood benefits...medical, dental and vision choices.. 401k

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to front line people, value their option they have more knowledge of the the real issues than you give them credit for...

Worked for SITA? Contribute to the Community!