SM Supermarket

SM Supermarket Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

My working experience in SMCo was

Treasury Assistant (Former Employee) Legazpi (Philippines)

Pros-enjoyable workplace
    -strict but approachable supervisors and managers
    -great learning experience

Consnot allowed to have overtime unless it is reasonable

It's a tough job but someone's got to do it.

Manager (Current Employee) Pasay, Albay (Philippines)

ProsPeople have this impression that the management is not generous, but if you work hard and your performance is good, they also pay well. Benefits are competitive too.

ConsAt the end of the day, it's still a Chinese, family-run business. While steps are being made to "corporate-ize" and professionalize the structure, it's such a big ship that it's hard to steer. Also wish there was some sort of car and housing plan for employees, after all, most of your time is already spent in the office or in the stores. Work often gets extended but SM puts a high premium on attendance so you still have to clock in at 8am the next day no matter how late you stayed the night before.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter recognition for home-grown and loyal employees, please! These are the people who work hard but don't say anything no matter how much work you throw their way.

Worth the training

(Current Employee)

Pros* fast career growth
    * high compensation for junior managers up to executives
    * the best learnings for fresh grad
    * uniforms are free on the start of the year
    * you can present and learn directly from the owner

Cons*overwork
    *high politics
    * unclear procedures
    * sometimes relationship with other departments are not good and always competing
    *high turnover rate

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great experience

SALES CLERK (Former Employee) Cubao (Philippines)

ProsThe best reason to work in SM supermarket,is because it is a great pleasure to everyone to be a part of a no.1 supermarket and mall in the country.The salary is good and fair together with the benefits.The supervisors are all kind and supportive the management as well.

ConsIn my experience,the downside in working in SM supermarket is being a contractual.I can't remember when my supervisor told me that it was my last day in my job as a salesclerk in the children's wear division.

Advice to Senior Managementbe sure to choose right and honest person, when hiring and go on for loving all the people working in your great great company.

It was fun at first but changes as it goes on.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Batangas, Batangas City (Philippines)

ProsMeeting new people and you get to learn more about yourself by dealing with different kinds of people

ConsTakes up alot of your time and work even extends to your personal life. Lack of other compensation benefits.

hard but good enough

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosits more fun in the SM

Consno comment to the supermarket

great trainig and oppotunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Iloilo (Philippines)

ProsWorking with SM SUPERMARKET is a way to develop our personalities in different aspects of being.

ConsEvery company encounter a problem, But then her at sm supermarket we are more on operations, More often the pressure is there since we want the best for the company.. Since various transactions encounter everyday, sometimes error occurs

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop aiming for the best of the company..

It's awesome. Everyday I work with a purpose of achieving my dreams.

Customer Assistant (Current Employee) Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

ProsFirst it was challenging, motivating and molds others in a good way.

ConsSometimes you will set aside all of your personal reasons or affiliates to work, to work better.

Advice to Senior Management:`)

Extensive Customer service

In-Charge (Current Employee) New Iloilo (Philippines)

ProsVery Big Company and Best among the best in retail.

Consno comment company is good. . .

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Worked for SM Supermarket? Contribute to the Community!