SMART

SMART Reviews

2.8

CEO

smart

I have been working at SMART full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

fast, growing opportunity, strong customer base, great reputation

Cons

unorganized, small company, location,

Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood-Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood-Ridge, NJ

I have been working at SMART full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of fun. Lots of good people. Lots of work but everyone pitches in and gets in done. Great "family" environment. Everyone is working for the same ultimate goal, service our clients and ultimately keep Smart growing,

Cons

When it is busy it is really busy and there is no 401K match. During busy time work life balance is hard to keep.

Keep up the great work. Maybe think about putting some philanthropic programs in place to give back to the communities that are clients live.

I was able to work there 34 years

Former Employee - CSO
    Former Employee - CSO

I worked at SMART (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can advance if you have a degree and the company does help riders get to their jobs on time about 85% of the time.

Cons

Sometimes authority will not promote within regardless how well you can perform a job and how many years you may have been at a postion. The goals now seems be anyone such as supervsiors and up, must have a degree.

Listen to what the public needs

At Smart you fire yourself, not the company.

Current Employee - Fixed Route Driver in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Fixed Route Driver in Troy, MI

I have been working at SMART full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Before our current contract our company provided the best health insurance. All employee's, spouse and children under 18 can ride the bus for free at anytime. Also DDOT and the people mover (employee's free only).

Cons

It's a very streesful job dealing with the public and also you get cut off by other drivers alot. The company should charge a fee for bikes and large luggage just like the airlines. Smokers approach the bus with smoke in their mouths and blow it in your face or after they aboard the bus. Stinky!

Talk to your employee's with respect and not as if you gave birth to them. Give drivers a bouns for accident free (non-preventable), and prefomance customer service. Please don't merge with DDOT

Very good management

I have been working at SMART

Pros

Good training and benefits, also people

Cons

Small starting salary for new employee

look elsewhere

I have been working at SMART full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some nice people, who work hard and do not get recognized as they are not part of the in crowd.

Cons

This company is still not going in the right direction. It's not what you know, but who you know. Management can bully people and get away with it. Investigations are done and nothing becomes of it. The HR team is not will to do the right thing, but care more about getting up that corporate ladder.

Fire your entire HR team. Their knowledge of HR is limited at best and poor customer service. If management got their act together and by cleaning up upper management and the philosophy of who can bully the most, they have a good shot of being a great company. No-one wants to hear the truth and that has yet to be told.