SMART Reviews

Updated March 30, 2015
8 reviews filtered by
3.2
CEO

1. When applying the reasoable standard this place is certainly a place to work with and for.

Current Contractor - AREA SALES MANAGER in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Contractor - AREA SALES MANAGER in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at SMART as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart Choice Payments and from day one has been there even in my inexperienced times, if any. Direct management and underwriter and, comrades to the same has not only answered my every question and calling, but supported me through every level of experience, even after providing weak areas or qeneral request, within reason. Pay for closings earned , considering this is a traditional sales/ commision based position, has not only besn accurate, but if one can do there due dilligence and application in the field is certainly one to get aboard on. Contract are clear and guarantee letters are stricly adhered too (remember, delivery and finding the best fit for your potential or merchant, is kne that should be evaluated with ppersonal ethnic and professional standard applied.)
     Moving forward with services, as mentioned above, services are very, very, competitive and ahered to. In fact, leading the industry in both products and fees and cost associated. Remember, the experience is individually driven here, as you deliver to the Merchants.

Cons

The cons, if any, are actually related not to Smart choice payments, solely, but rather, to a industry oversaturared and price wars. Additionally, any direct quams are related to staff, if any, that not only do not understand their roles as a saleman, marketer, or manager, but in general, are not dedicated. This my listeneing community can be found in almost all fields and workplaces. However, when practices against the best interest are discovered, the ax shall certainty be expected to ensue.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and weed out problem areas as they arise.

2. Retired Early

Former Employee - Line Haul Driver in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Line Haul Driver in Detroit, MI

I worked at SMART full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and medical, liked working on my own!

Cons

Management needs managing skills! A lot of drama! No rewards program!

Advice to Management

Talk and listen to employees!

3. smart

I have been working at SMART full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

fast, growing opportunity, strong customer base, great reputation

Cons

unorganized, small company, location,

5. Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood-Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wood-Ridge, NJ

I have been working at SMART full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of fun. Lots of good people. Lots of work but everyone pitches in and gets in done. Great "family" environment. Everyone is working for the same ultimate goal, service our clients and ultimately keep Smart growing,

Cons

When it is busy it is really busy and there is no 401K match. During busy time work life balance is hard to keep.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Maybe think about putting some philanthropic programs in place to give back to the communities that are clients live.

6. I was able to work there 34 years

Former Employee - CSO
    Former Employee - CSO

I worked at SMART (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can advance if you have a degree and the company does help riders get to their jobs on time about 85% of the time.

Cons

Sometimes authority will not promote within regardless how well you can perform a job and how many years you may have been at a postion. The goals now seems be anyone such as supervsiors and up, must have a degree.

Advice to Management

Listen to what the public needs

7. At Smart you fire yourself, not the company.

Current Employee - Fixed Route Driver in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Fixed Route Driver in Troy, MI

I have been working at SMART full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Before our current contract our company provided the best health insurance. All employee's, spouse and children under 18 can ride the bus for free at anytime. Also DDOT and the people mover (employee's free only).

Cons

It's a very streesful job dealing with the public and also you get cut off by other drivers alot. The company should charge a fee for bikes and large luggage just like the airlines. Smokers approach the bus with smoke in their mouths and blow it in your face or after they aboard the bus. Stinky!

Advice to Management

Talk to your employee's with respect and not as if you gave birth to them. Give drivers a bouns for accident free (non-preventable), and prefomance customer service. Please don't merge with DDOT

8. Very good management

I have been working at SMART

Pros

Good training and benefits, also people

Cons

Small starting salary for new employee

9. look elsewhere

I have been working at SMART full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some nice people, who work hard and do not get recognized as they are not part of the in crowd.

Cons

This company is still not going in the right direction. It's not what you know, but who you know. Management can bully people and get away with it. Investigations are done and nothing becomes of it. The HR team is not will to do the right thing, but care more about getting up that corporate ladder.

Advice to Management

Fire your entire HR team. Their knowledge of HR is limited at best and poor customer service. If management got their act together and by cleaning up upper management and the philosophy of who can bully the most, they have a good shot of being a great company. No-one wants to hear the truth and that has yet to be told.