SNF

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Nichols

The greatest place to work. Genuine concern for the employees. Family orientated atmosphere.

Quality Manager (Current Employee) Riceboro, GA

ProsThe place to work. Growth available and progression on a positive note. Great benefits and retirement program.

ConsNot many some young employees don't realize how good they got it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, we developed the team spirit and you get us everything we need yo get the job done!

Growing company

Finance Department (Former Employee) Riceboro, GA

Prosgreat people in the finance and customer service department, competitive wages and benefits, easy to balance work and personal life, casual wear, very involved in the local community

Conslocation is pretty rural, say they like to promote from within; however, not always true, the biggest complaint tended to be the trolley that transported workers from the parking lot to the admin building--if the weather's nice, do yourself a favor and walk the 1/2 mile.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more managers like the one you have in the credit department. Try to minimize the favortism shown to certain employees.

If you are an engineer, don't walk from this place: run for your life!!!

Engineering Project Manager (Former Employee) Riceboro, GA

ProsGreat place for chemical plant engineers; horrible place for chemical equipment engineers. Compensation's not bad. They actually gave bonuses! Company's French CEO, Pascal Remy, is a chemical engineering genius! There is great potential for this company.

ConsTraining for engineers is nonexistent. I was promised PLC training in a job interview, only to be mocked about a year later when I brought it up. Can you imagine that - an Engineering Project Manager being denied PLC training??? I just had to laugh at the stupidity. Arrogant UGA good ol' boy management and redneck culture makes it difficult for engineers to not only be respected but to get their ideas and solutions implemented that can improve the company's business, efficiency, and bottom line. I spent much of my time there retrofitting my engineering predecessor's mistakes to save multi-million dollar accounts only to be fired over a bunch of lies. Human Resources never bothered to investigate legitimate claims of a "hostile work environment". I had to appeal my unemployment claim with the Georgia Department of Labor and successfully won my claim when I proved I was fired illegitimately. This company is notorious for turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrance lets the Americans more or less run their good ol' boy redneck sloppy operation - a little too much "laissez-faire" for their own good. The redneck culture is what is keeping this company down along with a very unstable guy in engineering management who is causing the hostile work environment. The management here has the opinion that everyone's expendable; we can always find somebody else willing to do the work and take the flak. That sort of attitude catches up with you sooner or later.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible place to work

Supervisor (Current Employee) Riceboro, GA

ProsIt's a paycheck, other than that there is not much to say, it is the worst place I've ever worked.

ConsManagement is very reactive (over reactive). They don't listen to the employees. When you interview they say they have never had a layoff, sounds great until you get in and find out cause they have the highest turnover rate you've seen. The hours are bad, rotating shifts every week.

Great

Chemist (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsEmployee welfare has been good and timely.

ConsRequires openness. Concern for employee with past glory.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

Worked for SNF? Contribute to the Community!