www.snopac911.us

Updated November 23, 2014
Updated November 23, 2014
2.2

CEO

Great Place to Work from job satisfaction to salary and benefits

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are excellent. Each day we are helping people and having an impact on making sure people get the help they need.

Cons

There is an us versus them attitude between management and employees sometimes and both groups could do more to put an end to that. There are too many people who think they are entitled. For a job where you don't need more than a high school diploma you get paid very well, including state retirement plan, good benefits and lots of time off.

Tuition assistance would be nice.

Outstanding place to work!

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great team synergy! Management is very receptive to suggestions made within departments and strives to provide as best of a work life balance as possible! Advanced training is readily available for those that would take the step to use it. They also treat their military members very well when it comes to balancing your reserve military commitments with your work schedule. Overall this is an amazing place to work!

Cons

Every company has a few "bad apples". Right now those apples are on here trying to tarnish a great organization for their own personal gain. Having served in the military, I know first hand how public safety at times requires flexibility or longer hours. Sometimes that is the case here. You may be called in at odd hours, or have to go above and beyond in service to your community. This really isn't a con, its part of the job. Some individuals, however, would rather attempt to publicly discredit the work we are doing here rather than make the effort to come forth with tangible ideas to help improve public safety in Snohomish County. Of any company (public or private) I have worked for, this has been the best by far!

Just keep on doing the amazing job you guys do for us everyday!

Low Morale & Poor Treatment.

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

The job itself is rewarding.

Cons

Micromanaging either through self-initiated power trips or at the direction of Operations staff.

Mandatory overtime. There is no home / work life balance when you are REQUIRED to be able to find a babysitter at all hours, AND expect the babysitter or daycare to be able to keep your child 4 hours longer (on short notice) because you were ordered to work...and it is not just once in a blue moon-it is on a REGULAR basis.

Inability to get time off-even though you have the time on the books! You have to beg and plead and trade with co-workers... Guess you won't be able to take your child to the doctor. Forget about attending their graduation. Those surprise concert tickets? Give them away, because you won't be going. Think this is a bunch of hooey? Investigate it for yourself if you are applying here. Where there's smoke there's fire.

SNOPAC is losing some fantastic employees... It is so sad to see that the level of customer service for the citizens will suffer because of the inability to set aside egos and do the right thing. There ARE many bad apples at this organization...and they take the form of MANAGEMENT. Shame on you!

All you are is a warm body to management...

Current Employee - 911 call taker/dispatcher in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - 911 call taker/dispatcher in Everett, WA

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good. Many of the co-workers are amazing people who love what they do. Job security.

Cons

High stress work and environment. It's shift work so the hours are terrible. Constantly understaffed which means employees are forced to work mandatory overtime on a very regular basis (often 1-2 times a week). It is obvious that management doesn't care about the employees- we are just a number and a warm body in the seat. 2014 brought a change to the schedules call center staff was offered; going from four 10hr shifts to five 8hr shifts = one extra day of commute, one extra day of childcare needed, one less day off, 5 opportunities to be mandated to work a 12 hr overtime shift instead of 4.

Wake up! Look at what your poor choices and decisions are doing to this place! Stop with the blanket assumptions and micro managing of policies. Try to act like you care about the staff and do what needs to be done to retain employees.

Excellent Place To Work

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Service to our community, strong sense of teamwork, awesome staff

Cons

N/A - love my experience at SNOPAC 911.

You do a great job at creating a good work environment. The various programs and committees are great ways for people to get involved.

Don't do it…...

I worked at SNOPAC 911

Pros

Pay is good, job itself rewarding if on phones or dispatch.

Cons

Very unprofessional management, not well trained in what they do. Large disconnect between management and workers, causing severe communications issues. This extends to outside agencies as well as internal employees.

Reward jobs well done, don't make policy based on 1% of workers - deal with those that need to be fired.

We will burn down another apartment complex.

Current Employee - Dispatcher
    Current Employee - Dispatcher

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is acceptable, and we got a new garbage disposal!!!!

Cons

Starting the first of the year pray you don't have a fire in the middle of the night. They are lowering the amount of fire dispatchers at night while increasing front office staff during the day. Breaks are being suspended because staffing levels are so low, and mandated 12 hour shifts. So now you have less people dealing with emergencies, for longer time, and without the ability to have a break.

The turnover rate is horrible, and many people who have 15+ years are leaving. They have spent over a million tax payer dollars on a computer software system that still does not work.

In 2007 we gained attention with the media about the working conditions, and now it is projected to be worse than that.

Quit.

From bad to worse

I have been working at SNOPAC 911 full-time

Pros

The only pros are pay and vacation time, and those are hardly worth the negatives.

Cons

Management has went downhill in the last few years. There is no communication and things will implode, probably sooner than later. No one is appreciated, there is 0 morale and surprisingly it is just getting worse.

LISTEN!

I have been working at SNOPAC 911

Pros

Excellent vacation policy
    Exempt staff well paid

Cons

Extremely unprofessional management
    Top management is generally more worried about their own comfort and convenience rather than the organization as a whole, bias towards favorite employees is prevalent
    More concerned about how things "look" than what the reality is
    Management preaches to employees to have and display quality values but consistently fail to do the same - extreme hypocrisy!
    Board of Directors (police and fire chiefs) looking out for their own agencies instead of the good of the 911 center is far more prevalent than the reverse, those members that try to represent the views of the 911 center usually give up and relinquish their position on the board.

Hire true professionals with applicable experience, consider revamping constituency of board to change focus and priority back to the needs of the organization.