SOTI

SOTI Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Carl Rodrigues

Great steppingstone

ProsLots of teams, lots of talent in the company

ConsNot enough compensation for the hours owrked

This company has not changed. Run!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI have nothing positive to report about working here.

ConsLack of direction and organization. Complete chaos internally with no real management structure, no job role definitions, metrics, etc. All titles are powerless unless you are the owner of the company. No ability to execute perceived job role due to lack of support internally and needing to work with equally disgruntled employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are trying to make the company better. Listen to them.

Good company for ambitious people

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsCompany allows ambitious people to made a carrier: lots of opportunities for any level of employees. Each employees on each level always have chance to demonstrate their skills and strengths; as company grows quickly that gives opportunities for the most skilled, experienced, talented, and capable to be promoted into leadership positions.
    Management always listens to employees and accepts feedback.

ConsBecause of quick grow, company doesn't always have enough resources for all needs and as a result all available employees sometimes need to do a bit more than is in the list of their direct responsibilities. From the other side, it gives opportunity to achieve more and make carrier. That is definitely a concern for those lazy guys who expect to slack half of the day and get their salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementNevertheless to quick grow, companies management should work more on introducing and polishing proper development process. I need to admit, company does work on this, but not as much, as that has a little progress.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat Sales team with an incredible leader. Support and development are always willing to help and work together. Many talented individuals who work wonderfully as a team. Fun and dynamic atmosphere with growth opportunities. We are given the freedom to learn and grow in ways that are unheard of in almost any other company.

ConsThere are many policy changes that aren't always communicated that are hard to keep up with. Travel could favour the employee (preferred airlines, hotels, etc) better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing your time and resources into the talent from within.

Run...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsNot much to say here, except maybe convenient proximity to highway, large grocery store across the street which comes by handy for any lunch or snack, large shopping mall within 10 minutes of driving. I like the office building - it's new and spacious with huge parking lot.

ConsThis employer abuses Temporary Foreign Worker Program. He displaces Canadian employees with foreign citizens. This is mainly affecting Engineering department (i.e QA and Development). Stress is boiling over the top and compensation packages and working conditions degrade year by year. Not a good place to sustain your professional growth. Instead you will have to deal with burnout and frustration. See other posts for similar remarks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is too arrogant to take advice from anyone.

Unethical Behavior

ProsThe People and i'm not talking about Hire Management. The best undervalued team in the industry. The fact that SOTI is the steppingstone to a better career opportunity makes it a plus to work for this company.

ConsLeadership, Lack of Vision, Unethical treatment of Employees and most importantly the disorganization of the the entire company. Not to forget the below industry standard compensation that they offer to Highly Skilled immigrants and local talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Advice as they have no authority to take decisions. It's in the owners hands, even the little details that could be delegated through them would still have to be approved by him. This organization will remain behind the big boys in the industry.

“Great Energy, Fastest – Growing Company”

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsA team of hard-working, passionate people. Friendly atmosphere.
    Focused on implementing efficient process to match the rapid growth of the company. It is a very exciting time to be part of the company.

ConsNot suiting for someone who isn’t willing to adapt to changes that comes with a fast-growing company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the momentum going! SOTI is operating in a market with the right product, at the right time.

A Dynamic Culture

Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsSOTI is a very fast-growing company, operating at the forefront of mobile technology. The culture is dynamic and largely unfettered by corporate red tape. The CEO's strategy is to hire talented people and let them develop in the niche they best excel in. People with initiative and creative flare quickly rise to the top here. During the past year there have been a lot of positive changes, with fresh blood in key positions, such as in marketing, sales, HR and product management. The engineering organisation has now been completely restructured around an agile development model, while the company as a whole pushes into new market areas.

There is a great atmosphere of comradery in the company, with an almost family like feel. There are constant table tennis and fusball games going on the dining room, and several sports teams participating in various leagues after work. The CEO and other execs are very approachable and will often hang out with staff and chat over coffee. I have personally never come across such a personable leadership team, even in smaller companies I've previously worked at.

ConsSOTI is a place that will stretch you and take you outside your comfort zones. Anyone wanting an easy ride or a very predictable working day should not apply here. This is the place for those who thrive on change and challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on embracing and driving change!

Good company to show what you are capable of

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAfter couple years at SOTI I can say without any doubts that it's a good company for those who is looking for success by doing great job (and money are coming with success).

1. There is ability to participate in company changes for everybody - even junior developer can come up with good idea and it will be discussed. Everybody can talk to manager or even CEO and it will be appreciated.

2. Company is working in fast changing environment and it's hard to keep up with technologies so it's great place to learn something new. Java? .Net? SQL? Javascript? A lot of room to improve and show your skills.

3. Company is growing really fast and everything is changing - company structure, IT infrastructure, tools, management style... I learned a lot about problems in growing company and about ways to solve those problems at SOTI. Company understands problems and solves them right way.

ConsBenefits package could be better - everything is minimal.
    Vacation and number of sick days are also minimal by default.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany needs more people who will do right things instead of doing things right.

One of the best places I worked at

New Business Account Manager (Current Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsI love working for SOTI. Everyday is a different day, Everybody grows on you.
    Its not just walking into a office and doing a 9-5 and go home, to me its like my second home and I love it.
    Its more like a family in the office. Everybody gets on with each other and they make you feel welcome.
    I would never leave this place. I love the challenges that I get set and as I'm working from the UK office I feel that I know everybody at head office. If you want a chance to improve your career by working hard at SOTI I know they recognise your talent. I have a laugh with everybody in the UK office and the Canadian Office and its such a happy environment.

ConsThe Cons I would say is more pay needed for the amount of work you do but i guess that's what everybody would say about there company. Not one bad CON at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing more out side work as a team

Worked for SOTI? Contribute to the Community!