SPARTA

SPARTA Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Heely

Great company, sad I had to move on

AV Tech (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsVery good pay for what I was doing, nothing to compain about
    The management was always there to help and were very clean on direction of the company
    The benifits that the company offered were excellent

ConsThe company did not have the position that I was wanting to move onto, which was a govt contract so I was forced to leave the job with Sparta and join another company. I was sad to go but I later found out that Sparta was bought out by a larger company

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to really add, they did a great job

Not the same since Parson's bought them out.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe work can be interesting and technologically challenging. Within a group there can be a wide variety of tasks and opportunities to learn new technologies. Management generally leaves you alone and lets you do your job.

ConsQuickly becoming a large mindless bureaucracy with the purchase by Parsons. Very little opportunity for advancement. Benefits have continually deteriorated especially after the sale of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLow level management needs to do a better job of managing the projects.

Review

ProsInteresting work (at least when I was there)

ConsImmature workforce to include mid-level management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay until purchased by Parsons

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice co-workers and flexible work schedule

Consdisorganized talent management group and lack of understanding of the business

Terrible management

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsThere were many great coworkers and the work was often interesting and engaging.

ConsTeams are very distinct and you can run into huge differences in management style. Although the best teams may have frequent scrums to keep everyone working in the right direction, at no point did I feel management cared about the work I was doing enough to give feedback. In the worst case, management will give a vague impression of what you're supposed to do and then only see it when you're actually demoing it for clients. After parsons bought it from Cobham there was 30 to 50 percent turnover in some departments, likely due to management and decreased benefits. And don't expect much of a raise or bonus after you get hired, unless you're a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to at least act like you care about the work and product and not just scoring another huge contract.

Once VERY good but things are changing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThere are still a lot of good, talented people working for SPARTA. Some of the "small business" and "high-end technical support" still exists in pockets.

ConsParsons, Inc, the large company that just bought SPARTA, really has no background in the type of work SPARTA does (did?). With increased belt tightening to presumably increase Parsons profit from its purchase (obviously well within the rights of Parsons), the good talent is starting to move to companies that have fairer compensation plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it may be too late to give advice. The Kool-Aid has been consumed and the large Corporation has too much momentum to change course.

Fast paced work environment, very technically sound people

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Centreville, VA

ProsRapid work requirements prepare you for future jobs

ConsGenerally low salaries, stock plan is like pyramid scheme

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer higher salary in lieu of stock options

Stay far, far away

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Centreville, VA

ProsToo early to tell if Parsons will add any pros, early signs point to more turn over.

ConsTurn over central. Don't come knocking.

Good people, fantastic technology

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Centreville, VA

ProsThey have extremely smart people working for them.
    The code base is fantastic and simply a pleasure to work with.
    They have reasonable benefits.
    It feels great to help protect the US.

ConsThey got bought twice while I was there, the second purchase lost some benefits.

A good place to work if you land in the right group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGood facility, good coworkers, likely to be a better place to work once Parsons implements the inevitable changes, some good managers to work with.

ConsNo training for CAD system, people placed in project management positions before being trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money for training your people so that they don't have to waste time and money working it out on their own.

Worked for SPARTA? Contribute to the Community!