SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT

Updated July 18, 2014
Updated July 18, 2014

2.0

CEO

Abandoned, treated like a second class citizen

Former Employee - VTC
    Former Employee - VTC

I worked at SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard to think of a pro, but in fairness I will say that there is a lot of leniency and they did not micro manage anything.

Cons

Where do I begin ........
    -in the two years of working for them on a client's site, I have spoke with them 3 times
    -They removed End of Year bonuses to institute a "better" policy, attendance bonus (which was used against me)
    -Despite making every attempt to learn more, gain more skills, become a better technician, I recieved a phone call from management stating that the idea of paying or reimburing for training is a waste of their money since they only wanted to make money off of the client FOR BILLABLE HOURS.
    -My contract wasn't renewed and the company decided to pack up and leave, and I found out about this from the client. NOT ONCE did I recieve a phone call or email telling me that I was LOSING MY JOB!

If you want to grow, make money or be successful I reccomend investing just a tiny, tiny ounce of energy into your employees. You consistently made me feel like my paychecks were an inconvenience to the money you were trying to make.

Great Technology Poor Management

Former Employee - Principal  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Principal in Plano, TX

Pros

The company is a really great work place if you want to learn new stuff every day. They are in a very niche area and they have some really infrastrutcture for you to learn. The employees are very knowledgeable and have really good expertise.You will be able to learn and work at the same time.

Cons

The management,especially the owner. He will do what ever in his power to make sure ,that you feel bad for joining the company.The partial treatment on some of the employees especially when it comes to pay and bonuses. You will not get a hike , and you have to threaten that you are going to quit the company to get a pay hike.I personally have never seen the difference in salaries between two people with the same skill set and experience.

I do not have any advice to the management,since there is no use in advicing them. They have already made several poor decisions,which had a mass exodus of empolyees leaving the company.

Worked for SPEECH SOFT SOLUTIONS FORMERLY SPEECH-SOFT? Contribute to the Community!