SQS Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

SQS Group CEO & Officer Diederik Vos

Diederik Vos

Best decision of my life

Software Test Consultant (Former Employee) Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

ProsLargest independent software testing provider in the world means.
    Opportunities in all areas of software testing.
    Opportunities to train in new skills, move into new roles.
    Great career progression!
    A lot of fun
    Great people

ConsDidnt really come across any cons working for SQS. I was trained and am now an Advanced ISTQB software test analyst

No professional environ, no projects, no work

Test Analyst (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsWork Life balance maintained: Strictly 8.30 working hours followed
    Focusses on ISQTB certification - which is a mandate for all those joining here
    Cant think of anything else

Cons1. If you are jumping to this company after working from an MNC, you will find the lack of professional behaviour here.
    2.Majority are localities working here and they are involved in unnecessary gossips and carrying out work related tasks in local language which non-locals find difficult to understand. Not really professional behaviour.
    3.The HR is least qualified here. Sorry to say, but some of them don't even know to communicate in English(written and oral)
    4.Only handful major projects here and rest minor projects which wont really need skilled testers. Any graduate can do the work - resulting in many people whiling their time on bench
    5.Infrastructure-wise, very small premises. Canteen has just one vendor and the food quality is not upto the mark
    6.Variable pay component might prove to be a con for some
    7. They have a service bond of 18 months amounting to 1 lakh - not sure why, when they don't even have sufficient projects to keep people busy
    8 observed micro-management in teams. Even when the work is being completed in the said period of time, managers seem to be bothered more about how much time the employee is at his/her desk or how much time in cafeteria.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince SQS-India is an independent software testing company - not very old in the market, it still needs to do a lot work in terms of establishing their brand name and trust and confidence among clients to grab better and high quality projects.
    You are hiring professionals from top MNC's to work for you and keep them without any work(out of action for periods as long as 4-5 months) which is really not encouraging.
    I suggest you to inculcate steps to firstly create a professional atmosphere in the company(which is missing big time) and then work on proper project retention and new project acquiring techniques.

Small scale company.

Test Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsAmiable atmosphere,work balance,good location,not much pressure

ConsTiny salary for freshers but huge for 3+yr experienced.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing the same good work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best testing company

Test Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsWorks on most of the testing tools and has many internal training's for employees.

ConsVery less salary for freshers and very late hike.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are working equally hard in India as in rest of the world,So they should be treated equally.

A Family owned regional business catering to a specific culture of people

III Yrs (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsNothing in this company that appealed to me in my tenure of 3 yrs.
    Join if do not have any other options.

ConsManagers are liars.
    Employees aspirations are never cared for.
    Salary is like skin of peanuts.
    Close Culture.
    Managers never keep their words.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take care of your employees else future is very nigh

Senior Test Analyst (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood for Freshers Will get to learn a lot. Company concentrates a lot on individual growth of employees.

ConsSmall scale company. Not enough long term onsite oppotunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing your best with the same care for employees.

Good to gain quick experience but lack of choice of work / client placement

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood place to work in order to get a wide range of different industry sector experience, with some well established organisations. Provides a 'foot in the door' through the consultancy that you might not get as an individual

ConsConsultancy does not get the size of project work that larger consultancies such as IBM, Accenture would get. Work is predominently small team size assignments.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much of a body shop, career aspirations not taken into account when client positions need to be filled

Good place to gain lots of varied experience

ProsVaried client base meaning that you can gain experience across different industry sectors and in different countries if desired, good team of helpful colleagues

Consthe hours can sometime be long if there are software or system releases being tested at weekends or out of normal office hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest the time in continual training for employees

Average company, good for freshers

Test Analyst (Former Employee) Pune (India)

Pros1) Opportunities to learn new technologies.
    2) Job is relatively safe.
    3) People can learn skills in this company.

Cons1) There is lot of Hypocrisy in the company. Managers are very partial and never takes right decision.
    2) Work culture of company is poor. Old people tends to dominate new people.
    3) Salary is very less
    4) HR dept is absolutely pathetic
    5) Onsite opportunities are very less or for 1 or 2 months only. Onsite allowance is also very less.
    6) Managers are very partial and never keep their words.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to treat people with respect and there is a need of new and educated people in the management, rather than relatives of managers or stakeholders. Company lacks in term of vision.

Good place to work for first experience

ProsGet exposure to different fields of testing
    Sufficient training when on the bench

ConsSome management can be quite arrogant and overly pompous
    Occasionally too much bench time

Worked for SQS Group? Contribute to the Community!