SRA International

SRA International Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

SRA International CEO William L. Ballhaus

William L. Ballhaus

Pros
  • work / life balance, fexability, fellow employees support(in 34 reviews)

• good benefits , although every year they are becoming less and less(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • In short, the upper management doesn't seem to recognize there are people working for them(in 14 reviews)

• Not quallifying for 50 Best Companies to Work For is justified(in 7 reviews)

SRA was a good place to work.

Senior Member of the Professional Staff (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsSRA purchased the company where I worked prior to 2002. They did a great job of integrating us into the company after the purchase. I appreciated their values of honesty and excellent customer service. SRA had great benefits, training opportunities, and pay. I worked at the client's site and thoroughly enjoyed it. My managers kept me informed about what was happening at SRA and let me work fairly independently.

ConsPrior to the economic downturn, SRA worked hard to keep good employees when a contract ended. This was no longer the case in 2013.

Very good groop of individuals

Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsGood company to to use as a jumping platform. The current CEO was an aerospace engineer out of California and he probably knows his stuff., so hopefully less bureaucracy that strangles most DC-based companies I'm not sure about advancement, however I would consider working for them again if they offered me a perfect job.

ConsThere is no demand for employees to excel or renew their IT certifications.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemand more IT certifications from your IT people. and provide better educational resources.

We used to be great...!

Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEasy commute, nice people, flexible hours

Conslower pay, government clients (that's just the government though, not SRA), not challenging enough, boring work (secretarial)

Advice to Senior Managementtalk with your employees, tell them what you want when you want it, give them something to strive for and something to work towards.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Seaside, CA

ProsGood place to work.However manager sucks.

ConsTiming is good. Come and go anytime.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood place to work. Keep running.

SRA is very client-focused and tries to promote a healthy work-life balance for employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsPTO, salary, and benefits are comparable to other government contractors, and the availability of a telecommuting option is a real perk.

ConsNot enough growth potential for administrative/non-technical individuals.

Good for Government Contracting work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat work/life balance. Competitive salary. Tries hard to cultivate a workplace family atmosphere. Tries to be a great company to work for among government contracting companies.

ConsNot a lot of opportunity for advancement. In a time of constricting government budgets, the company has not done a great job of winning work that would create more opportunities for their employers.

Poor Upper Management

ProsSome very nice and smart people.

ConsPoor senior management. Favoritism abounds. To much dead wood at the higher levels of management. Some of these people are inept at managing resources (both personnel and project). Some others that are good are let go because they do not conform to the status quo.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times, be open to new blood and new ideas. Get rid of the folks that have been there forever and get some new people in that know what they are doing and keep them!

better when the company was smaller

Prosnice and capable people, solid government clients.

Consleave has been cut over the years as have holidays. salary increases are minimal each year. job stability is not what it used to be (they let people go when their projects end if they can't find something right away).

Advice to Senior Managementbetter training for the mid level managers.

Was great - Now part of the Government contractor herd

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsOpen door policy at all levels of management. Management sincerely has a vested interest in employee longevity with the company. Which in turn created a great group of loyal and committed employees.

ConsMany benefits have been cut or taken away. Also, the way some well respected and loyal executive managers, who were instrumental in building SRA, were let go by the new executive management was plain wrong. Their actions showed no appreciation and in turn lost respect from the remaining employees.

The culture that was practiced from the original managers was showing gratitude for their employees, and the sentiment was returned. With new management came the swift cutting of benefits, and changes in employee communication that made it clear there is now a barrier between employees and executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is ironic, SRA was a Fortune 100 company, for at least a 9 year span. After the slicing and dicing of benefits and how employees are viewed, a SRA questionnaire came out asking employees how they can make SRA one of the best companies to work for. I have no words of how to help management figure this one out. Hint: It was already a great company!

Overall a great company to work for.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Crystal City, VA

ProsGreat Benefits and Employee Care programs. Comfortable work environment. Very structured and orientated towards providing the best possible environment for both employee and company success.

ConsMoved from employee based vision to bottom-line based vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the founding principles.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!