SRA International Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
2.7

SRA International CEO William L. Ballhaus
William L. Ballhaus

Pros
  • SRA provides a very relaxed atmosphere and places a focus on work-life balance (in 39 reviews)

• good benefits , although every year they are becoming less and less (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant realignment of upper management in order to make company more competitive (in 16 reviews)

• Not quallifying for 50 Best Companies to Work For is justified (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience

I have been working at SRA International

Pros

I truly enjoyed working for SRA. I have worked multiple contracts and this company actually CARED about their employees. Even when the contract ended they were still concerned about their employees landing jobs. Great Company

Cons

I honestly must say that I didn't have any issues with the company. I had the typical personality conflicts with my fellow employees but nothing that was unbearable.

Keep Doing what you are doing!

Great culture, Good Pay

I worked at SRA International

Pros

- Culture is very fun, you can set your own hours within reason as long as everything gets done
    - CEO is extremely humble, talks to everyone
    - Plenty of opportunities for growth and innovation from inside

Cons

- Not as much name brand
    - Hard to do government contracting in this environment

Project Manager

Former Employee - Principal  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Principal in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good team, opportunity to grow, good benefits, lots of free online training, good compensation...

Cons

If one is there for a long time, even with average raise the overall compensation goes up. This makes the management extremely concerned because with the market competition, the newer contracts have reduced margins.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SRA is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The cluture is superb: work hard and you will be rewarded.

Cons

Hard to move up to new positions.

My experience with SRA, Inc. was one of the best Company I worked with.

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at SRA International as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary, Health Insurance, Roth 401K and much more. But most important, working as a team.

Cons

I loved working for SRA, Inc. in Jacksonville, FL. The only thing that comes to mind is, it was a long term Government Contract.

If a new opportunity arises, please contact me immediately. I would love to work for SRA, Inc. again.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Corporate culture, benefits, training opportunities

Cons

none so far, have not been working long enough

none so far

Good company, good people

Former Employee - Tech Lead/Director III, Principal  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Tech Lead/Director III, Principal in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Open and inviting culture across the company, program and project teams. People always willing to help or support where they can contribute. It was a great experience. Company is respected among it's peers in the industry. Many people who leave return in the future.

Cons

No glaring cons. Similar to other large systems integrators in the federal market, turbulence of of available positions to move to next project as contracts are won and lost.

SRA International

Current Employee - Engineering Technician  in  North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management, team members, benefits, and pay.

Cons

I can't really think of any.

N/A

Excellent Company - Forward thinking but still care about their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits. They work hard to keep you employed as contracts change. Company is growing and they are making adjustments to react to the marketplace. Company has lots of longtime employees 10+ years which is unusual in government contracting. That should indicate what type of company it is. Training is important to them and have had several opportunities for career advancement training.

Cons

401K just changed from per paycheck matching funds to end of year matching and must be employed there at the end of the year. This matches most other companies' policies.

Great bottom-line orientated company with little top-line growth

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

The checks are not yet bouncing but who knows what is in store in the future. Some positions have telecommute options, and so that is a good one. Online book-shelf available.The pros keep reducing every quarter.

Cons

Too top heavy management at all levels filled with administrative clerks. If your title starts with a C and ends with a O (CxO) or you are VP, Sr. VP, Almost a VP, Director, fire yourself. Too much, too many executive salaries, golden parachutes and bonuses for adding almost nothing to the top-line. That alone has dragged the company into too much debt on top of leveraged buyout done by the private equity folks. The current management's policies and approach has lowered employee morale to minus zero, and has caused top class talent flight, contract loss to name a few. The management keeps denying that is happening but of late people have begun to recognize that either the management is flat out lying to its employees or the HR management is suffering from the emperor without any clothes syndrome.
    Good old club keep changing their positions to cover each other from their inability to deliver on growth. The current CEO Ballhaus seems out of touch and totally unfit to lead SRA out of the hole it has dug itself into.

The need of the hour is to overhaul management from top to bottom, go back to basics, and to recruit people managers with hardcore technical or functional background rather than administrative desk clerks masquerading as technical managers, directors and VPs.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!