SRA International

SRA International Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

SRA International CEO William L. Ballhaus

William L. Ballhaus

Pros
  • work / life balance, fexability, fellow employees support(in 34 reviews)

• good benefits , although every year they are becoming less and less(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • In short, the upper management doesn't seem to recognize there are people working for them(in 14 reviews)

• Not quallifying for 50 Best Companies to Work For is justified(in 7 reviews)

My experience with SRA, Inc. was one of the best Company I worked with.

Senior Member of the Professional Staff (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsSalary, Health Insurance, Roth 401K and much more. But most important, working as a team.

ConsI loved working for SRA, Inc. in Jacksonville, FL. The only thing that comes to mind is, it was a long term Government Contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf a new opportunity arises, please contact me immediately. I would love to work for SRA, Inc. again.

Great place to work!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsCorporate culture, benefits, training opportunities

Consnone so far, have not been working long enough

Advice to Senior Managementnone so far

Good company, good people

Tech Lead/Director III, Principal (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsOpen and inviting culture across the company, program and project teams. People always willing to help or support where they can contribute. It was a great experience. Company is respected among it's peers in the industry. Many people who leave return in the future.

ConsNo glaring cons. Similar to other large systems integrators in the federal market, turbulence of of available positions to move to next project as contracts are won and lost.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SRA International

Engineering Technician (Current Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsGreat management, team members, benefits, and pay.

ConsI can't really think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Excellent Company - Forward thinking but still care about their employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood benefits. They work hard to keep you employed as contracts change. Company is growing and they are making adjustments to react to the marketplace. Company has lots of longtime employees 10+ years which is unusual in government contracting. That should indicate what type of company it is. Training is important to them and have had several opportunities for career advancement training.

Cons401K just changed from per paycheck matching funds to end of year matching and must be employed there at the end of the year. This matches most other companies' policies.

Great bottom-line orientated company with little top-line growth

ProsThe checks are not yet bouncing but who knows what is in store in the future. Some positions have telecommute options, and so that is a good one. Online book-shelf available.The pros keep reducing every quarter.

ConsToo top heavy management at all levels filled with administrative clerks. If your title starts with a C and ends with a O (CxO) or you are VP, Sr. VP, Almost a VP, Director, fire yourself. Too much, too many executive salaries, golden parachutes and bonuses for adding almost nothing to the top-line. That alone has dragged the company into too much debt on top of leveraged buyout done by the private equity folks. The current management's policies and approach has lowered employee morale to minus zero, and has caused top class talent flight, contract loss to name a few. The management keeps denying that is happening but of late people have begun to recognize that either the management is flat out lying to its employees or the HR management is suffering from the emperor without any clothes syndrome.
    Good old club keep changing their positions to cover each other from their inability to deliver on growth. The current CEO Ballhaus seems out of touch and totally unfit to lead SRA out of the hole it has dug itself into.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe need of the hour is to overhaul management from top to bottom, go back to basics, and to recruit people managers with hardcore technical or functional background rather than administrative desk clerks masquerading as technical managers, directors and VPs.

Great company for managers

ProsIf you are in management you can get semi-annual and annual raises, quarterly and or half yearly bonuses without. In addition at senior manager level, you can get Individual Incentive Compensation at 10, 20, 40, 60, 80 Percent of your base salary. So you really can make a lot doing clerical, co-ordination work, and smooching around.
    You can leave all the tough technology challenges, thinking and work on to your senior and junior engineers, and analysts. If you have great engineers on your team then your income potential from SRA is great while providing peanuts to your engineers, and blame it on company policy.

ConsQuarterly benefits cuts, upper management training in spin talk and pretending. Engineers have soft and hard salary caps. Their raises are computed after management folks are paid theirs. Very limited career growth prospects for managers and engineers. Spin management of Ballhaus. Forced to reduce employee performance ratings to lower salary raises for engineers, and like.
    Sliding towards now where, and sinking. Most likely getting prepped up for a sale in the near future.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement overhaul top to bottom

A family values company known for honesty and service.

Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsSRA is a very family oriented company. Customers/Clients always come first, with the upmost respect and service. SRA Employees are treated with the same respect, with great benefits, and job placement.

ConsIndustrial progress, and business processes have changed over the years making for more automated and less of a personal relationship between clients, employees, and corporate staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember SRA Core Values.

Feels like being on the HMS Titanic

ProsNothing much other than opportunity to telecommute, and work with a few good folks that are left.

ConsOverpaid, and heavy management structure, that have lost the trust and respect of employees. Current management is unable to grow the company, and resorts to quarterly benefit cuts to pretty up the balance sheet. Spin talk, and pretending has become the trademark of the current management. Employee performance rating manipulated to lower salary increases. Holidays reduced, 401k contributions reduced, leave caps reduced, health benefits made more expensive, removed opt-out credit, several more and counting.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management folks who can think outside the box, and really knows how to grow the business versus bottom line, status-quo, race to the bottom management. Streamline and reduce management structures in departments like ITS, HR, Strategic Acquisition, Capability Centers and so on.

Laid off- good experience

Senior Intelligence Analyst Level IV (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsLeadership in the Dayton Office was outstanding

ConsLaid Off when in processing said SRA maintains Senior Leaders

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!