SRA International

SRA International Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

SRA International CEO William L. Ballhaus

William L. Ballhaus

Pros
  • work / life balance, fexability, fellow employees support(in 34 reviews)

• good benefits , although every year they are becoming less and less(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • In short, the upper management doesn't seem to recognize there are people working for them(in 14 reviews)

• Not quallifying for 50 Best Companies to Work For is justified(in 7 reviews)

Varied, but very corporate approach

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsTreated with respect and opinions listened to.

ConsUS based company so opportunities given to US based staff, UK offices a second thought often

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you continue to have European offices do think about the staff, there are considerations that need to be taken in to account outside the US

Good People and Work/Life Balance

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood/avarage benefits. I've worked at some larger consulting firms that required you to jump through endless hoops. SRA is not this way. Simple yearly review process. Concerned with getting the job done and not on frivilous corporate requirements that really serve no purpose.

ConsInsurnace benefits and PTO benefits in the last year have changed for the worse. As with most companies in the Federal Government sector they've had to tighten thier belt due to competition - which feeds down to employees in the form of benefit changes. I'm also not sure that there is a lot of room for promotion with the model that is in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the efforts to define clear career paths for employees so that they can advance their career.

SRA was a good place to work.

Senior Member of the Professional Staff (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsSRA purchased the company where I worked prior to 2002. They did a great job of integrating us into the company after the purchase. I appreciated their values of honesty and excellent customer service. SRA had great benefits, training opportunities, and pay. I worked at the client's site and thoroughly enjoyed it. My managers kept me informed about what was happening at SRA and let me work fairly independently.

ConsPrior to the economic downturn, SRA worked hard to keep good employees when a contract ended. This was no longer the case in 2013.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Look elsewhere for a job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProject Managers and project teams are still very client focused and care about the mission.

ConsUpper management cannot be trusted and are focused on tactics that line their pockets with money at the expense of employees lower in the food chain. Management talk a good game but actions do not align with talk.

Good place to work

Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Seaside, CA

ProsGood place to work.However manager sucks.

ConsTiming is good. Come and go anytime.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood place to work. Keep running.

We used to be great...!

Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEasy commute, nice people, flexible hours

Conslower pay, government clients (that's just the government though, not SRA), not challenging enough, boring work (secretarial)

Advice to Senior Managementtalk with your employees, tell them what you want when you want it, give them something to strive for and something to work towards.

Very good groop of individuals

Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsGood company to to use as a jumping platform. The current CEO was an aerospace engineer out of California and he probably knows his stuff., so hopefully less bureaucracy that strangles most DC-based companies I'm not sure about advancement, however I would consider working for them again if they offered me a perfect job.

ConsThere is no demand for employees to excel or renew their IT certifications.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemand more IT certifications from your IT people. and provide better educational resources.

Company has strayed from the values that made it strong

ProsCompany still has many strong employees.

ConsCompany is letting many good people go as it struggles to win contracts. Employees are no longer assured of a continued job with the company even if they are strong performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees. They are smarter than you realize and can sense when the message strays from reality. Treat your employees as the core commodity that they are. Without them the company is nothing.

Poor Upper Management

ProsSome very nice and smart people.

ConsPoor senior management. Favoritism abounds. To much dead wood at the higher levels of management. Some of these people are inept at managing resources (both personnel and project). Some others that are good are let go because they do not conform to the status quo.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times, be open to new blood and new ideas. Get rid of the folks that have been there forever and get some new people in that know what they are doing and keep them!

Worst place I have EVER worked...bar none

ProsVery little, if any. I'll get back to you.

ConsLow pay; horrible benefits; ineffective and out of touch management all the way down to first line (I've seen my reviewer about five times in the last year and a half). No incentive to achieve. The best people are leaving in droves. Morale is horrible. The hypocrisy of "Honesty and Service" is nauseating.

Advice to Senior ManagementTighten the over-inflated management payroll and reward the skilled professionals on the client sites that bring you your money. Think outside the box for incentives and rewards. Demand your first line managers go out of their way to interact with their reports. Get out of your corporate offices and meet the customers and find out why your projects aren't up to standards; find out why your people are ashamed of working for SRA.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!